Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2020, 11:37   #286
God Member

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think the main thing is that none of our lads are seriously ill, I know postponing games is not ideal but it could have been much worse
Have to agree all seem to be ok the problem with the postponed games is that as more clubs test players positive which unfortunately seems to be likely hope I,m wrong this could lead to quite a backlog which may cause major problems going forward.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2020, 13:15   #287
God Member

On BBC football website now Stanley's games against Swindon and Plymouth in serious doubt.
Old 23-10-2020, 15:10   #288
God Member

Oxford v Swindon off outbreak at Swindon.
Old 23-10-2020, 16:09   #289
God Member

Now saying Oxford Swindon game on down to the rule of 3 Swindon only 2 players positive what a farcical scenario.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-10-2020, 17:07   #290
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Now saying Oxford Swindon game on down to the rule of 3 Swindon only 2 players positive what a farcical scenario.
not really andy some dont show symptons
Old 23-10-2020, 17:51   #291
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not really andy some dont show symptons
It's not that it's the rules that are laughable Crewe called thier game off against Oxford with one player positive and then again with just two positive, this could lead to all sorts of accusations such as having a string of injuries to your best players and having a player positive ask for a postponement, rules need to be clear and consistent.
Old 23-10-2020, 19:30   #292
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

as far as it goes to me if someone in any team is positive then if hes been training with the squad its common sense to call it off dont really like it but thats got to happen imho.
Old 24-10-2020, 08:14   #293
God Member

Off again on, off, couldn't platt sawdust EFL again inconsistent as with the promised bailout which was a condition of the restarted season that hasn't materialised the clubs will soon stop playing anyway.
Old 24-10-2020, 08:52   #294
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as far as it goes to me if someone in any team is positive then if hes been training with the squad its common sense to call it off dont really like it but thats got to happen imho.
however there is no guarentee of catching the virus if you have been in contact with someone who has got it. imagine over the last few months there has been a chance of anyone catching it as we have unknowingly been near someone who at the time was infected. know for certain i was without any problems.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 09:13   #295
Senior Member+

I think you're being a little unreasonable Andy but will put it down to frustration as we all are.
Some things are more important than football when you're playing with people's health.
Seamus is ok just feeling a little unwell and as frustrating it is for him to isolate its not just him and his team mates its his young family he has to think of.
Same for everyone in any walk of life.
If this season ends up farcical then so be it as long as everybody comes out the other side well.
Whatever gloom merchants might say there's not a cat in hell's chance of clubs being allowed to go to the wall for covid reasons.
A bail out plan be it governmental or EPL will happen.
Other less than honest owners might use this as an excuse to wipe of debts and as long as they are treated in the manner they deserve I don't mind if they go to the wall.
Taypot likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 09:28   #296
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I think you're being a little unreasonable Andy but will put it down to frustration as we all are.
Some things are more important than football when you're playing with people's health.
Seamus is ok just feeling a little unwell and as frustrating it is for him to isolate its not just him and his team mates its his young family he has to think of.
Same for everyone in any walk of life.
If this season ends up farcical then so be it as long as everybody comes out the other side well.
Whatever gloom merchants might say there's not a cat in hell's chance of clubs being allowed to go to the wall for covid reasons.
Other less than honest owners might use this as an excuse to wipe of debts and as long as they are treated in the manner they deserve I don't mind if they go to the wall.
Hang on a minute I have never said anything about the health issues of course Stanley are right shutting everything down, I am on about inconsistent rules as always to me if just one positive if hasn't isolated quick enough from team mates game off. Again it's down to testing and the cost before the Fleetwood game their was an acknowledgement of sickness in the camp, not saying anybody was at fault but I presume Fleetwood will have rigoursly tested everyone since Thursday, test results take 36 hours according to Dave Burgess very tight schedules. Hope all players and staff or anyone for that matter who gets this **** is well, like I have said before although some would disagree football is just a game.
Old 24-10-2020, 09:51   #297
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post

In all honesty 28, I really can't see that happening. The govt. can't get its' act together as it is concerning support for "essential" business & commerce as it stands, so a rich sport like football will be way, way, down on their list of priorities if at all.

As to the EPL, they've shown time & time again how inconsistent & incompatible they are in their crisis & general management "skills". They have their priorities it seems & those tend to be towards things that make them money & line their pockets, the lower leagues & grassroots don't tick those boxes unfortunately, so I think you may be being over optimistic in your hopes & views.
andyd likes this.
Old 24-10-2020, 10:02   #298
Super Moderator

This is thread is slightly wandering but all good stuff.

Yes the inconsistancies on whether games go ahead are hard to understand. However this is unchartered waters with all sorts of people giving their opinions. Who would have thought National and Local Public health officials are now getting involved.

There is one mis-quote on the testing time scales. As the EFL are using a private company the result time scales is around 5 to 6 hours from the test kits arriving at the laboratory
andyd likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 10:09   #299
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In all honesty 28, I really can't see that happening. The govt. can't get its' act together as it is concerning support for "essential" business & commerce as it stands, so a rich sport like football will be way, way, down on their list of priorities if at all.

As to the EPL, they've shown time & time again how inconsistent & incompatible they are in their crisis & general management "skills". They have their priorities it seems & those tend to be towards things that make them money & line their pockets, the lower leagues & grassroots don't tick those boxes unfortunately, so I think you may be being over optimistic in your hopes & views.
Your spot on and as football as shown through this crisis it is totally inept at anything harmonious, greed and ego,s at the top care very little about the pryamid despite thier so called view that they need the pryamid. Football at the lower level was led to believe as part of project restart as there would be a substantial amount of money on the table and fans would be eased back in. Hindsight is easy but to me they should never have agreed to start without the money upfront, as in all walks of life to late after the horse has bolted now negotiating through desperation at some clubs and with their collective backs to the wall.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:04   #300
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Hang on a minute I have never said anything about the health issues of course Stanley are right shutting everything down, I am on about inconsistent rules as always to me if just one positive if hasn't isolated quick enough from team mates game off. Again it's down to testing and the cost before the Fleetwood game their was an acknowledgement of sickness in the camp, not saying anybody was at fault but I presume Fleetwood will have rigoursly tested everyone since Thursday, test results take 36 hours according to Dave Burgess very tight schedules. Hope all players and staff or anyone for that matter who gets this **** is well, like I have said before although some would disagree football is just a game.
Thing is andy i dont know you dont know the scientists dont know everyone is giving their best guess one or eight or any number dont matter its the circumstances that do to me, no goverment knows they all just do their best its about time that penny dropped with a lot of people imho.
andyd likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..