Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2020, 11:23   #301
God Member

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is andy i dont know you dont know the scientists dont know everyone is giving their best guess one or eight or any number dont matter its the circumstances that do to me, no goverment knows they all just do their best its about time that penny dropped with a lot of people imho.
Your quite right about pennies dropping because they certainly need to drop as regards football at the minute, no way are fans going to be let in this year according to most clubs I follow subscription,s very disappointing, clubs looking at various fund raising including as crazy as it stands fans paying to sit in hospitality areas at stadiums behind curtains to avoid seeing the pitch and watching on TV mind boggles and cinemas again showing Premiership games this weekend. Like you say nobody can get everything right but they good at one thing confusion among the public with rules is rampant.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2020, 11:39   #302
God Member

Another inconsistency Scunthorpe,s game going ahead at Exeter 2 players positive 3 self isolating plus manager and assistant in isolation goal keeping coach taking charge of game in dug out.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:53   #303
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Another inconsistency Scunthorpe,s game going ahead at Exeter 2 players positive 3 self isolating plus manager and assistant in isolation goal keeping coach taking charge of game in dug out.
aye but is it inconsistent? its about circumstances surely? the only thing i can see is fans jumping to conclusions when to be honest they know nowt about how things have happened.
Old 24-10-2020, 12:09   #304
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In all honesty 28, I really can't see that happening. The govt. can't get its' act together as it is concerning support for "essential" business & commerce as it stands, so a rich sport like football will be way, way, down on their list of priorities if at all.

As to the EPL, they've shown time & time again how inconsistent & incompatible they are in their crisis & general management "skills". They have their priorities it seems & those tend to be towards things that make them money & line their pockets, the lower leagues & grassroots don't tick those boxes unfortunately, so I think you may be being over optimistic in your hopes & views.
We shall see.
Without grass roots and lower leagues the players won't be produced.
Without players you don't have a game.
It will take something major to happen but as soon as it does (as with cultural sites) the government will step in.
Too controversial not to ......... and a vote catcher.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 14:08   #305
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
We shall see.
Without grass roots and lower leagues the players won't be produced.
Without players you don't have a game.
It will take something major to happen but as soon as it does (as with cultural sites) the government will step in.
Too controversial not to ......... and a vote catcher.
In major do you mean the likes of a dozen or more clubs going to the wall, it's going to be a sad day if that's the case that something has to be agreed.
Old 24-10-2020, 22:13   #306
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
however there is no guarentee of catching the virus if you have been in contact with someone who has got it. imagine over the last few months there has been a chance of anyone catching it as we have unknowingly been near someone who at the time was infected. know for certain i was without any problems.
Nail on the head here MH. Government rules are if you are in close contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19 then the person with Covid must isolate for 10 days, any person who has been with them must isolate for 14 days from the date of test. I know this for fact as my partner was infected (mildly thankfully) and I was tested but have been negative throughout with no symptoms. So assuming 1 or 2 or 8 players are infected, then surely assuming they have been training/playing with the rest of the team, then all players should isolate for 10/14 days.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 06:47   #307
God Member

Don't usually agree with Gillingham manager but he was fuming that nobody from the EFL insisted that Fleetwood,s staff and players were made to have a test after playing us on Tuesday and travelling from a tier 3 area. Joey Barton insisted that Fleetwood as a club followed all the protocol and guidance they probably did but it fly's in the face of the public,s health guidelines.
Old 25-10-2020, 07:00   #308
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Don't usually agree with Gillingham manager but he was fuming that nobody from the EFL insisted that Fleetwood,s staff and players were made to have a test after playing us on Tuesday and travelling from a tier 3 area. Joey Barton insisted that Fleetwood as a club followed all the protocol and guidance they probably did but it fly's in the face of the public,s health guidelines.
Nothing to worry about, Fleetwood couldn’t get near our lads all night anyway
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 07:36   #309
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;1246094]

Yes the inconsistancies on whether games go ahead are hard to understand.

nothing to do with stanley but barnet called off their home game with hartlepool a week ago with 1 positive tested player. funny how they managed to play a very winnable fa cup game yesterday with either 4 or 7 positive depending on the source you read. funny how when money is concerned a different viewpoint comes up.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 07:38   #310
God Member

As the club has said it has shut first team activity down for 2 weeks presumably the games in that period will be called off, if that's the case the next game would be FA cup 1st round 7th November, or do the rules say different because nothing has been said about the next 3 league games?
Old 25-10-2020, 09:17   #311
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

like ive said loads of times "Its the Circumstances"owt in the media is just to sell papers,
Old 25-10-2020, 10:29   #312
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
like ive said loads of times "Its the Circumstances"owt in the media is just to sell papers,
A good example of circumstance is Kayden at ipswich he picked up covid but was injured and not at club i read so Ipswich were ok to play.
Old 25-10-2020, 15:52   #313
Senior Member+

Given that we can't lock the entire squad up in a five-star hotel for the entire season, the way England cricket did it, and that the damn thing is so highly infectious, it's inevitable that someone in the team/management group is going to pick it up every now and then from family, friends or neighbours. It's then very likely, especially if the first person doesn't show symptoms immediately, to catch more of the group in double-quick time.

I have to say I can't believe they haven't knocked pile-on goal celebrations on the head though, if ever there were ways to ensure you pass something on, that's surely one of them
cashman, yonmon and choirboy like this.
Old 25-10-2020, 16:00   #314
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That must be down to football authoritys? not Government surely? and we all how useless football authorities are.
Old 25-10-2020, 16:15   #315
God Member

Exclamation This is not the covid thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Given that we can't lock the entire squad up in a five-star hotel for the entire season, the way England cricket did it, and that the damn thing is so highly infectious, it's inevitable that someone in the team/management group is going to pick it up every now and then from family, friends or neighbours. It's then very likely, especially if the first person doesn't show symptoms immediately, to catch more of the group in double-quick time.

I have to say I can't believe they haven't knocked pile-on goal celebrations on the head though, if ever there were ways to ensure you pass something on, that's surely one of them
The thing is Chimer my old friend, the players - from both teams - walk out from different parts of the ground, do not shake each others hands and all the usual goings on, but then 5 seconds into the game, there is a goal and they are all hugging and kissing!!!

Regardless of all that, at the final whistle, each and every player, Manager, Coach, Physio, Sub, Tea Lady Etc. hug, kiss, shake hands, fist bump and whatever!!!

The whole thing is a complete farce............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..