Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2020, 08:47   #316
God Member

Re: 2020/21 Squad

one good thing that may come out of the virus is the end of the pathetic teams coming out together and doing the even pointless lining up to do that respect handshake. getting rid of all that would make an old man really happy.
pifco likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2020, 21:21   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
one good thing that may come out of the virus is the end of the pathetic teams coming out together and doing the even pointless lining up to do that respect handshake. getting rid of all that would make an old man really happy.
What I would like to see is the end of ‘taking the knee’ before games.... why does Match of the Day insist on showing this prior to showing their recording Of the game?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2020, 21:32   #318
Senior Member+

To keep reminding people racism still exists in football and is a bad thing?
Old 27-10-2020, 06:23   #319
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i know a few that have stopped watching M.O.D. cos of this and they are far from Racist, they are sick to the back teeth of this.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 27-10-2020, 07:07   #320
God Member

Post Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i know a few that have stopped watching M.O.D. cos of this and they are far from Racist, they are sick to the back teeth of this.
I stopped watching match of the day years ago only showing Premiership, after last night's decision on crowds or lack of them at any fa cup tie when some lower league clubs are playing one another but in their league games they can have crowds, football being led down the path to oblivion by idiots running the game. It won't just be MOD that a lot will stop watching.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 08:46   #321
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I stopped watching match of the day years ago only showing Premiership, after last night's decision on crowds or lack of them at any fa cup tie when some lower league clubs are playing one another but in their league games they can have crowds, football being led down the path to oblivion by idiots running the game. It won't just be MOD that a lot will stop watching.
this streaming thing is a bit of a novelty at the moment. like all novelties people do get fed up quickly with them. if your team is having even an average season i can imagine there will be less watching it by the end of the season than there is now. i do not know if i am on my own but if stanley are in a bad run i,d still turn up to the wham. wether i,ll bother to stream is another matter.
andyd likes this.
Old 27-10-2020, 08:49   #322
God Member

Quote:
push some agenda too much and it loses its message and even gets a back lash that makes the situation worse than you started with.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 27-10-2020, 09:05   #323
God Member

Quote:
this streaming thing is a bit of a novelty at the moment. like all novelties people do get fed up quickly with them. if your team is having even an average season i can imagine there will be less watching it by the end of the season than there is now. i do not know if i am on my own but if stanley are in a bad run i,d still turn up to the wham. wether i,ll bother to stream is another matter.
The whole thing and it's nobody,s fault is like going through the motions, playing in a training game atmosphere, players Sean McConville even stating it isn't the same. No easy answers and every one staff, stewards, match official,s commentry teams trying their best but I am with you monkey hanger the novelty will wear thin as it just isn't exciting sat in your living room.
Old 27-10-2020, 09:31   #324
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
push some agenda too much and it loses its message and even gets a back lash that makes the situation worse than you started with.
Thats it in a nutshell, its even turned some people RACIST, thats how stupid it is,
Old 27-10-2020, 14:04   #325
God Member

Exclamation Re: 2020/21 Squad - NOT a Covid thread..... but...

Quote:
Correct, Les Ferdinand has said as much himself....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 16:23   #326
God Member

Sad but in the past if tonight,s game had been called off, wether going to Swindon in person or listening on radio due to waterlogged pitch or likewise I would have been seriously ****ed off worrieing if we,d be falling behind points wise tonight couldn't care less.
Old 27-10-2020, 16:56   #327

19 players/staff tested positive
Old 27-10-2020, 17:26   #328
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
19 players/staff tested positive
No wonder they have battened down the hatches hope everyone involved and all their families come out of it well and healthy football really is rightfully put to one side it is only a game.
Old 28-10-2020, 08:25   #329
God Member

Quote:
Thats it in a nutshell, its even turned some people RACIST, thats how stupid it is,
well that includes her in the kitchen for a start. an issue she never had before all that kneeing bo-----s.
cashman likes this.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:39   #330
God Member

Interesting signing 23 year old Lewis Mansell striker born in Burnley free agent after leaving Patrick Thistle welcome on board certainly a position that needed back up
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..