Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2020, 16:15   #76

Re: pre season friendlies

Apart from a few unnamed trialists, new names to me were keeper Liam Isherwood (took over last 15 from Savin), Jack Bolton and Dan Martin. Development squad perchance ?
Liked trialist A who played right back in second half.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2020, 16:25   #77
Full Member+

Yes, trialist A caught my eye too. Big fella with a bit of 'presence'. Burgess looks a quality player and Allan had some pace. Great pen from Cassidy. Goalkeeper looked a tad on the small side but did ok.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 16:31   #78
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Apart from a few unnamed trialists, new names to me were keeper Liam Isherwood (took over last 15 from Savin), Jack Bolton and Dan Martin. Development squad perchance ?
Liked trialist A who played right back in second half.
isherwood is the youth team keeper bolton and martin both appeared on the bench for the first team last season, whom are both from the youth team
LongLostSon likes this.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 17:31   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whom was in goal tom?
Toby Savin was in goal for most of the game & Liam Isherwood from our youth squad took over in last 20 minutes or so Cashy
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 19:22   #80
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Yes, trialist A caught my eye too. Big fella with a bit of 'presence'. Burgess looks a quality player and Allan had some pace. Great pen from Cassidy. Goalkeeper looked a tad on the small side but did ok.
Toby must be 6 foot 3 at least
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 19:23   #81
Senior Member+

If anyone missed it, the full match is still available on Salford's YouTube page:

MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 21:35   #82
God Member

Just watched the game Burgess could be an astute signing calm and excellent left peg, trailist A looks useful and thought no:- 18 trailist B I think put some good tackles in and looked a tidy player.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 07:38   #83
God Member

The system used yesterday was 3-4-1-2 which gives a narrow playing style not as much use of wide men was working guite well until both sides played with 10 men which ruined the game as a spectical and through the system a bit, maybe a good excersise for when your reduced to 10 men.
Old 30-08-2020, 07:51   #84
God Member

Wink Re: pre season friendlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Just watched the game Burgess could be an astute signing calm and excellent left peg, trailist A looks useful and thought no:- 18 trailist B I think put some good tackles in and looked a tidy player.
Been racking my brain over No:-18 knew the face Andrew Tutte ex Rochdale, Morecambe decent player wonder if we will sign yet another midfielder.
Old 30-08-2020, 10:25   #85
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Toby must be 6 foot 3 at least
Sorry, meant the keeper that finished the game. Don't know his name. Others say Isherwood.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 10:35   #86
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Sorry, meant the keeper that finished the game. Don't know his name. Others say Isherwood.
Liam Isherwood played the last 15 minutes
Reamer likes this.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 19:25   #87
Senior Member+

Friendly at Nelson on Tuesday, 15 September, with 300 fans allowed in:
https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nelso...KTH6SIvUFUIeeI
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..