Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2020, 07:20   #16
God Member

Re: 2021 season tickets!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I arrived about 1.20pm........long queue all round the edge of the car park. Many people rentewing multiple tickets for family and friends.......hence took about 2 and a half hours to get to the club shop. It was a sunny day good atmosphere. Only 2 people in the shop accepting completed forms and taking payment. Not sure why that was the case, maybe only two card machines? Anyway paid for my season ticket and requested my preferred stand. Was within the first 770 so the lady said I would get a pass for the Oxford league game which was why I came on the first day to renew.

The MD was round and apologised for the wait, but really it is what it is. I came on the first day so I would be eligible for an Oxford seat and new it would be busy.

I would think it will be quieter after Wednesday and Thursday. Just waiting for my pass to come for the Oxford home game and iFollow codes for Leeds U23's on the 8th Sept and Peterborough on the 12th Sept. Really looking forward to the start of the season now......
I think most people who could go yesterday was to ensure being in the hat for the Oxford game I agree should quieten off now and I say again it would be marvelous for the club if they sold 1535 but until after the 10th when it's the open sale period it will be hard to judge.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2020, 07:55   #17
Senior Member+

I got there for 1pm and queued right round the two sides of the car park. It took 1 hour 50 minutes to get to the shop. It was all good humoured and good conversations were had between those socially distancing in the queue. I thought it was well organized and as efficient as it could be. I also had a look at the Accy Pals Memorial Garden on my way out and it looks splendid and a fitting tribute to the boys from our town who fought for our freedom. Really looking forward to seeing real football live at The Wham Stadium.
ON STANLEY ON.
cashman, yonmon, pifco and 2 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 18:21   #18
God Member

770 season ticket marker for the Oxford pilot event game has been reached well done to everyone now let's reach 1535 would be some achievement and a new record in sales of season tickets.
Old 02-09-2020, 18:44   #19
God Member

Good news for the lucky 770................

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 18:50   #20
God Member

Only 15 left for the Clayton End!
Old 02-09-2020, 18:54   #21

Main stand is full as well, I went this afternoon but missed being one of the 770 by a couple of hours.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 20:58   #22
Full Member+

Decent sales figures so far, but if they do sell out, minus VAT it is going to be less than £0.25m for the season for the season until more people are let in. That is assuming a lot paying full adult price and it could be a lot less.

The figures are bleak - we would not have survived this 10 years ago.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 21:06   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Decent sales figures so far, but if they do sell out, minus VAT it is going to be less than £0.25m for the season for the season until more people are let in. That is assuming a lot paying full adult price and it could be a lot less.

This is why a budget is hard to predict but it,s better than nothing and hopefully a bit of income from IFollow and not holding my breath some aid from the premiership money other than advanced payments due.
Old 02-09-2020, 21:16   #24
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
This is why a budget is hard to predict but it,s better than nothing and hopefully a bit of income from IFollow and not holding my breath some aid from the premiership money other than advanced payments due.
It isn't hard though is it - is impossible!

I am not aware how the potential away fan ifollow will work, which could mitigate some losses.

I doubt there will be £1 a pint winner's 48 minutes any more
Old 02-09-2020, 21:51   #25
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Got mine and my sons tonight just 2 in front of me and no one behind ,not in main stand have been put in the new stand 🙃 at least we're in !
Old 03-09-2020, 06:52   #26
God Member

Post Re: 2021 season tickets!!!

Quote:
It isn't hard though is it - is impossible!

I am not aware how the potential away fan ifollow will work, which could mitigate some losses.

I doubt there will be £1 a pint winner's 48 minutes any more
Apparently if we win the happy hour will be in the Clayton end fan zone for the foreseeable.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:38   #27
God Member

Quote:

actually the figures are better than they were a few seasons ago. even with a reduced temporary capacity it would not have bothered stanley that much with gates hovering just above the 1,000 mark. one thing it is that more clubs are in a similar situation at the start of the season. teams with lower normal attendances will not suffer as much as the ones with higher ones who cannot accomodate anywhere near the full amount of fans.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:41   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Got mine and my sons tonight just 2 in front of me and no one behind ,not in main stand have been put in the new stand 🙃 at least we're in !
think yeh will love it mab we went in once when one of us couldnt stand,and we all said after if we have to sit at some stage its much better in yon.
Old 03-09-2020, 19:53   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
actually the figures are better than they were a few seasons ago. even with a reduced temporary capacity it would not have bothered stanley that much with gates hovering just above the 1,000 mark. one thing it is that more clubs are in a similar situation at the start of the season. teams with lower normal attendances will not suffer as much as the ones with higher ones who cannot accomodate anywhere near the full amount of fans.
Rock bottom average attendance was 5 years ago with 1,478 attending, and tickets sold not attending being counted. Certainky more tickets were sold/pay ins than the the 1,535 we have now.

Then the majority were on the day payers/away fans, paying around twice as much as the season ticket holder. There would be at least 50% more income compared to this season if restricted throughout.

Stanley will only be allowed just over half last season's average, and lots of other clubs with higher attendances have similar ratios as they may get far more fans but there grounds are only half normally, like stanley.
Old 09-09-2020, 16:10   #30
God Member

How will the new restrictions on no more than six people gathering outside going to effect the return of fans, will it mean a delay beyond October maybe Mr.T., can answer please because this is totally confusing yet again?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..