Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2020, 16:17   #31
God Member

Re: 2021 season tickets!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
How will the new restrictions on no more than six people gathering outside going to effect the return of fans, will it mean a delay beyond October maybe Mr.T., can answer please because this is totally confusing yet again?
BBC breaking news pilot events in September limited to crowds of 1000 October return to be reviewed.So ok for the Oxford game at 770 I would imagine rest is up in the air again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2020, 16:45   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
How will the new restrictions on no more than six people gathering outside going to effect the return of fans, will it mean a delay beyond October maybe Mr.T., can answer please because this is totally confusing yet again?
There are some exceptions for sport:
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...and-recreation
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 17:05   #33
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

We'll they've stopped the Doncaster races having race followers for the rest of the meeting..
Old 09-09-2020, 17:08   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
We'll they've stopped the Doncaster races having race followers for the rest of the meeting..
Probably because it was over a 1000 was due to pilot 2500 it's getting very confusing not a good sign for finances going forward.
Old 09-09-2020, 18:19   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
well probably cos racegoers are dafter than football fans?
Old 09-09-2020, 19:00   #36
Senior Member+

There must have been over 1,000 people at the Car Boot Sale at Great Harwood show field on August Bank Holiday Monday. I drove past there and couldn’t believe what I was seeing!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 20:05   #37
Full Member+

The club won't know as the Government don't know yet. With Hyndburn data shooting up this week, even though we are talking in the 20s, and localised measures, I can see no return of any fans on the cards at the Crown until the first round of the FA Challenge Cup. If it does get any worse it will be 2021.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 08:10   #38
God Member

As it stands will the pilot game against Oxford with 770 Stanley fans go as planned?
Old 13-09-2020, 09:05   #39
God Member

Quote:
As it stands will the pilot game against Oxford with 770 Stanley fans go as planned?
the important words are, as it stands. way things are going at government level i would for one be surprised if it goes ahead. think for once our premier league friends will be the only ones to get crowds back into grounds with the financial pull they have.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 14:15   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the important words are, as it stands. way things are going at government level i would for one be surprised if it goes ahead. think for once our premier league friends will be the only ones to get crowds back into grounds with the financial pull they have.
Drop into non-league and you can watch at the ground even in Nelson on Tuesday.

The 1,000 pilot limit imposed last week doesn't affect us,but as it stands nothing has been decided and everything is under review.

I could see the 1,000 limit being imposed on all grounds in October which wouldn't be too bad for us.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 07:46   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

I could see the 1,000 limit being imposed on all grounds in October which wouldn't be too bad for us.
it would as who is going to do all the work every home game to say which season ticket holder can be part of the 1,000. you know for a start that mistakes can be made and there will be someone who misses out more than others on the allocation. one thing, the government aint going to help clubs.
Old 14-09-2020, 08:00   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
it would as who is going to do all the work every home game to say which season ticket holder can be part of the 1,000. you know for a start that mistakes can be made and there will be someone who misses out more than others on the allocation. one thing, the government aint going to help clubs.
The government isn't helping any business with this latest crazy rule which will be hard to enforce encourageing people to shop their neighbours big brother gone mad, back to football no decision,s announced yet but if they knock the return of crowds back clubs will struggle to pay bills they voted to finish season without crowds in league,s 1 and 2 what will have changed apart from streaming income? Plus there isn't a furloughing option now.

Last edited by andyd; 14-09-2020 at 08:09.
Old 14-09-2020, 08:36   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no good bothering mate, what happens - happens, sod all we can do about it. i learnt when i was younger- only bother about what yeh do summat about.
Chimer, yonmon, pifco and 1 others like this.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:36   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no good bothering mate, what happens - happens, sod all we can do about it. i learnt when i was younger- only bother about what yeh do summat about.
used to think that way myself, but i am getting more wound up nowadays than i have ever done in my 74 years. all this can we can,t we, will we wont be and how bad the future is going to be is wearing me down.
Old 14-09-2020, 10:10   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dont let it get to yeh mate sod it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..