Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2020, 17:42   #61
God Member

Re: Unlock tentative steps

After all the sustained effort and cost by clubs to provide Covid secure venues that have to be passed which most would do they should now put a collective voice and pressure on the government to reverse this ridiculous decision and set a clear road map out for football and the other sports.
AccyMad, Greger and accytom18 like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-09-2020, 09:01   #62
God Member

Interesting comment from Swindon manager without crowds every game is like a preseason friendly can't if I,m honest disagree.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-09-2020, 09:29   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Interesting comment from Swindon manager without crowds every game is like a preseason friendly can't if I,m honest disagree.
certainly watching our last 2 league games on i follow i have to agree. can see those who get it free carrying on watching but i for one are certainly going to pick my away games for a start. as time goes on it may end up picking my home games as well. not a big TV sports watcher as i miss the conversations and banter at games as much as the game itself. it was bad enough zanzala leaving as the rest of TV comedy is at a low ebb these days.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 09:48   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
certainly watching our last 2 league games on i follow i have to agree. can see those who get it free carrying on watching but i for one are certainly going to pick my away games for a start. as time goes on it may end up picking my home games as well. not a big TV sports watcher as i miss the conversations and banter at games as much as the game itself. it was bad enough zanzala leaving as the rest of TV comedy is at a low ebb these days.
I have watched 3 now and have to admit I don't watch any other team than Stanley on TV for the reason it isn't the same and sadly my enthusiasm for Stanley in this format isn't the same hope I,m in the minority because we don't want this income source drying up as well, I will continue just in my support for Stanley but it's about time the people making decisions show some sense and let us back. Premiership talking about earlier kick off times for midweek matches then fans can watch before pubs shut at 10 o'clock miles safer there isn't it.
Old 24-09-2020, 12:20   #65
Senior Member+

The other issue with revenue and ifollow is the massive number of IPTV connections out there via amazon firestick. They get you access to literally everything ........ for £50 per annum.
I would say they are illegal but they are in common use.
They include access to every ifollow station.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 12:22   #66

My broadband is slow, so watching ifollow can be a bit of a pain. However, I will continue to pay my £10 in order to help the club. I hope others will do the same.
cashman likes this.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 16:13   #67
God Member

A sports minister has just told parliament elite sports much find ways of helping themselves financially, doesn't sound promising.
Old 24-09-2020, 17:41   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
A sports minister has just told parliament elite sports much find ways of helping themselves financially, doesn't sound promising.
Just shows how out of touch he is with the sector he's supposed to be responsible for
Greger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 17:57   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just shows how out of touch he is with the sector he's supposed to be responsible for
I think part of the problem is they can't bale everything out not a bottomless pit in football,s case I think they are hoping the premiership will provide the money, problem with that is his debate which could take weeks and they will want assurances, a rethink on crowds is the best option.
cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-09-2020, 09:03   #70
God Member

remember that not everyone actually enjoys football or any sport for that matter. some infact have a complete dislike for it and will be up in arms about vast amounts of money given to something. same as me with things like ballet and the arts where i just do not give a damn.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 09:05   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
remember that not everyone actually enjoys football or any sport for that matter. some infact have a complete dislike for it and will be up in arms about vast amounts of money given to something. same as me with things like ballet and the arts where i just do not give a damn.
There are plenty of Saturday afternoons when I do not like football MH

Get what you are saying

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 10:35   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
There are plenty of Saturday afternoons when I do not like football MH

Get what you are saying

thats only cos yer a stanley fan joe
Old 25-09-2020, 15:04   #73
Senior Member+

Leyton Orient have effectively been kicked out of the League Cup because their players tested positive for coronavirus:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512

This seems to be setting a very dangerous precedent. Would it happen with the FA Cup Final, for example?

At least Spurs paid for the tests...
Greger likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 15:45   #74
God Member

Two games off tomorrow due to positive tests both in league 2 Cheltenham v Grimsby and Walsall v Orient this could be come normal.
Old 25-09-2020, 15:53   #75
God Member

R.I.P. Justin Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Leyton Orient have effectively been kicked out of the League Cup because their players tested positive for coronavirus:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54295512

This seems to be setting a very dangerous precedent. Would it happen with the FA Cup Final, for example?

At least Spurs paid for the tests...
That is bad news in more ways than one.......
Greger likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..