Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2020, 12:36   #91
God Member

Re: Unlock tentative steps

A ray of light could be a financial package for lower league clubs announced this week put together by the premiership, also talks going on about new innovative testing with the absence of a vaccine with guick turnaround results giving customers a health passport admission which could lead to fans back.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2020, 08:13   #92
God Member

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1245057]I.

Irresponsible people cramming into packed town centres and it isn't their fault, it is everyone else's.

the thing is that people are not packing into town centres. just heard this morning that compared to pre virus leeds have only 23 per cent of that number and wakefield has done the best of west yorkshire towns with 47 per cent, cannot see things being that different the other side of the hill. never thought i,d say this but i actually miss going into shops with her in the kitchen. only thing that gets muzzled in my household is the dog at the vets.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 08:52   #93
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1245128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I.

Irresponsible people cramming into packed town centres and it isn't their fault, it is everyone else's.

the thing is that people are not packing into town centres. just heard this morning that compared to pre virus leeds have only 23 per cent of that number and wakefield has done the best of west yorkshire towns with 47 per cent, cannot see things being that different the other side of the hill. never thought i,d say this but i actually miss going into shops with her in the kitchen. only thing that gets muzzled in my household is the dog at the vets.
Some town or village centers just aren't designed for social distancing we are just going to have to live with this thing or suffer more Draconian lockdowns, more reason we should be back at grounds.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-09-2020, 09:23   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=andyd;1245132]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Some town or village centers just aren't designed for social distancing we are just going to have to live with this thing or suffer more Draconian lockdowns, more reason we should be back at grounds.
Lockdowns are because of STUPID people blame them.
Old 28-09-2020, 09:58   #95
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1245133]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Lockdowns are because of STUPID people blame them.
The original lockdown was brought in by stupid people the government.
Old 28-09-2020, 10:04   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=andyd;1245134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

The original lockdown was brought in by stupid people the government.
Disagree no government had any idea what they were dealing with thats just an excuse as far as im concerned.
Old 28-09-2020, 10:18   #97
God Member

Key details of letter sent to Oliver Dowden minister for sport:-
Without any plans being made to rescue football clubs many in the EFL and National League are now actively preparing to make all but essential staff redundant, cease playing close down thier youth academies and community foundations, and put thier business into administration. There is still time to act but not long left. It cannot be the Premiership,s sole responsibility.
Signed
Damien Collins MP
Charles Methen co owner Sunderland FC
Lord Friedman former chairman of FA
Lord Faulkner vice President National League
Lord Goddard Stockport
Malcolm Clarke chairman of FA.
There was more content just highlited the important in my view bits.
Old 29-09-2020, 09:41   #98
God Member

For once I agree to a point with the premiership after months of spending large amounts of money on following government advice and guidance on creating safe environment,s for fans as have pubs, supermarket,s, shops, restaurant,s and hotels etc why suddenly pick on football and other sports and stop fans attending yet you can still visit any of the previous mentioned. They are now sticking together and will probably refuse to bail out the rest of football without a promise or U-turn on the decision on fans saying it's the government,s responsibility to bail out the rest. Could be a very crucial few days in what will shape our future of football.
Old 29-09-2020, 15:39   #99
God Member

Going more insane by the day just been announced Saturday,s Fa cup games are allowed fans both home and away supporters if your 2 non elite clubs, if you are a non elite club hosting an elite club home fans only, elite club at home no fans. As Accrington are an elite club we must all be regarded as super spreaders.
Old 29-09-2020, 16:02   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Going more insane by the day just been announced Saturday,s Fa cup games are allowed fans both home and away supporters if your 2 non elite clubs, if you are a non elite club hosting an elite club home fans only, elite club at home no fans. As Accrington are an elite club we must all be regarded as super spreaders.
Andy,
I think you need to read it again.

Fans of National League North and South clubs will be unable to attend their team's FA Cup second qualifying round matches this weekend.

The Football Association has announced details of the "agreed position" for admitting spectators following discussions with the government.

Games being hosted by sixth-tier clubs will be played behind closed doors.

Meanwhile, only home fans are allowed at ties where sixth-tier teams are the visitors to clubs below that level.

For matches in which both teams are below the sixth tier, supporters of both the home and visiting teams are permitted to attend.

The FA says the position "will be reviewed again" before the third qualifying round.

What's this got to do with us ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 16:27   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
I think you need to read it again.

Fans of National League North and South clubs will be unable to attend their team's FA Cup second qualifying round matches this weekend.

The Football Association has announced details of the "agreed position" for admitting spectators following discussions with the government.

Games being hosted by sixth-tier clubs will be played behind closed doors.

Meanwhile, only home fans are allowed at ties where sixth-tier teams are the visitors to clubs below that level.

For matches in which both teams are below the sixth tier, supporters of both the home and visiting teams are permitted to attend.

The FA says the position "will be reviewed again" before the third qualifying round.

What's this got to do with us ?
Nothing apart from what's the difference between 770 the original planned attendance at Stanley v Oxford and 600 at some non elite club apart from it will have a bearing on all football if someone doesn't work a sensible compromise in all levels of the game who dreamt up elite some pandemic expert who thinks it doesn't spread in different football grounds depending what league your in.
Old 29-09-2020, 17:09   #102
God Member

And with regards to those last posts how the hell have the fa agreed to that what kind of brainless morons are in charge instead of putting pressure on the government they just toe the line they has well must think this virus picks on certain areas of football.
Old 29-09-2020, 17:20   #103
God Member

Chorley host Gateshead at home in the fa cup Saturday average gate around 1400 allowed none on Saturday, yet Bamber Bridge or Lancaster city can let 600 on. Chorley,s chairman begging to be allowed a reduced amount on has it would be something without fans shut by Christmas, if Twenty eight you say what has this to do with us Stanley without fans won't last forever either it will struggle along with the rest,stop fans right through the pryamid and halt the season or let them on in every section.
Old 29-09-2020, 17:34   #104
God Member

If I choose to go and watch Padiham one weekend and I,m snitched on by someone who recognise,s me as a supporter of an elite club would I be ejected from the ground.
Old 29-09-2020, 17:37   #105
God Member

How do rules work were there is a ground sharing
agreement between an elite and non elite club somebody stop me I could go on all night I,m seething.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..