Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2020, 13:58   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Oxford game.

to me he has always had it but stopped using it.
Old 27-09-2020, 15:52   #47
Senior Member+

He’s got brick bats on numerous occasions with no foundation.
Best signing the club has made this transfer window.
Just my opinion not looking for a set to and accept others have theirs.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 07:59   #48
God Member

[QUOTE=Crown Grounder;1245112]I like Sama. Don't think he's comfortable in the side yet at all.

We missed Sangare and Uwakwe.......lets hope they play more games than they miss and that they aren't prone to injury.

sama has lkooked fine for me till saturday where he just never got into the game. sangara and uwakwe have had good seasons so far and not starting with seamus must have made us fear the worst. in the past stanley have always looked good with their full compliment of players available but struggle somewhat once fringe players come into the side. all this and ross joyce in the middle. never seen him have a half decent game at the wham never mind a good one.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 09:05   #49
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Oxford game.

The one thought at the forefront of my mind as I watched the Reds struggle against a superior Oxford outfit , and struggle they did ! was..
" John Coleman has certainly got his work cut out to mould this group of players into a Team "..
But he's done it before, and hope prevails ![

ON STANLEY.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 07:22   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
" John Coleman has certainly got his work cut out to mould this group of players into a Team "..
But he's done it before, and hope prevails ![

ON STANLEY.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
he did it only 2 weeks earlier v peterborough. doubt we would have lost 4-1 with that team out. stanley seem to have a problem by having say 13 really good players that can beat anyone in division 1 on the day. however once injuries or suspensions kick in the team then struggles. there can be an argument saying that some players are just not good enough.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 07:36   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
he did it only 2 weeks earlier v peterborough. doubt we would have lost 4-1 with that team out. stanley seem to have a problem by having say 13 really good players that can beat anyone in division 1 on the day. however once injuries or suspensions kick in the team then struggles. there can be an argument saying that some players are just not good enough.
or it could be some have not settled in yet who really knows?
Old 30-09-2020, 09:01   #52
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford game, we were poor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
At half time, Dan read out a Tweet from a Stanley fan, who was a season ticket holder, therefore was watching on ifollow for free

The Tweet said that at free of charge, they felt like they we not getting value for money watching Stanley

Highlight of the day

As I understand i follow, it isn’t really free because we have paid for it through the purchase of our season tickets. I have watched my first matches on i follow in our two home matches so far, and I think that the coverage is pretty good considering that there is only one camera. Of course one camera isn’t enough to cover controversial incidents but the coverage of open play is very good IMHO. Add to this the inside knowledge and player experience in the commentary by Sean, then I am quite happy with the package that I have paid for. Better than not having any coverage at all!
ON STANLEY ON.
MikeA, AccyMad, yonmon and 4 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 11:28   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Coverage of play is quite good its the sound thats crap.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:57   #54
God Member

The club's appeal against Dion's red card has been unsuccessful
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:10   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The club's appeal against Dion's red card has been unsuccessful
So even less choice upfront for at least 3 games is it has it was a straight red?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:30   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
So even less choice upfront for at least 3 games is it has it was a straight red?
Yep, 3 game ban even though in Coley's interview he says we have footage that shows he did nothing
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..