Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2020, 19:06   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Rochdale Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Excellent summary (imho) Choirboy but young Uwakwe wasn’t booked just before he was subbed.
Another ref might have shown him a red, but this guy was a very calm operator.
I think the ref was helped in that both teams refrained from the petty histrionics, play acting, or (worst of all) badgering the ref to get opponents carded that are seen in too many other games.
Thanks Exile.
I didn’t actually check the match stats after the final whistle but it looked ‘live’ as if he had been booked! I do agree with you about the conduct of the players from both sides not complicating issues for the referee. Very refreshing to see.
monkey hanger likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2020, 21:20   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Thanks Exile.
I didn’t actually check the match stats after the final whistle but it looked ‘live’ as if he had been booked! I do agree with you about the conduct of the players from both sides not complicating issues for the referee. Very refreshing to see.
No one was booked on either side. Confirmed by stats at end of Ifollow.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:37   #33
God Member

Yesterday especially second half was by far the best game of the season for quality and excitement certainly helped along by a referee not stopping play constantly. Joe Pritchard is becoming the star of the show showed some excellent touches and vision again, this system benefits players like Hughes and Conneelly who seem to have lots of space and time to slow the pace and keep the possession. New lad Russell looks a player and was impressed with Nottingham when he came on. Bishop worked his socks off just needs Cassidy to learn to run onto the flick ons tough test next Saturday at Ipswich.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 15:42   #34
God Member

for me the last 3 games shows we can look towards the top rather than the bottom. hope that oxford performance was just one of those blips all teams have.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 15:45   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
for me the last 3 games shows we can look towards the top rather than the bottom. hope that oxford performance was just one of those blips all teams have.
i think it takes longer for young uns to bed in than seasoned pros, i have no fear at all about this season i honestly think we can make top half,this season am well impressed with these young uns.
Old 11-10-2020, 15:53   #36
God Member

Just seen Coley on the television - F.L. show - and he made a special mention to you Cashy well, you and the rest of the over 60's, who have had to wait a while for a home victory - just a pity we did not experience it in the flesh...

cashman, yonmon, pifco and 1 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 07:47   #37
Senior Member+

Jon Russell makes the Sky Bet team of the week!
https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueOne/...59140954546177

But so does 'Edwards' at right back!!
choirboy likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 08:09   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

😎Phil loves Sunbeds😎🎶
😎Phil loves Sunbeds
😎🎶
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2020, 08:38   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

I know Phil was good but to get into the team of the week without playing or even still being registered at the club is outstanding!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..