Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2020, 16:00   #16
God Member

Re: The Ipswich Thread

Tale of 2 half,s good 1st, shocking 2nd Ipswich,s Edwards on the left gave Savin an afternoon to forget, Gazelle for them gave us a midfield lesson second half we are an inexperienced young side but we are learning and Ipswich certainly had some scares first half. Sean McConville summed it up for me though the game without fans is false and rubbish and crowds do make a difference to results.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2020, 16:01   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think Sean Mac summed it up we had 1st half they had 2nd difference to me when they were on top they took their chances, simple as,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-10-2020, 16:31   #18

Despite the result, was one of our stronger performances. I wouldn't dwell on it too long, move on, and just make sure we take our chances better in front of goal and better free kick delivery
cashman and Watchdog like this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 16:44   #19
Full Member+

Disappointed with the result but not the performance. These young lads we have look hungry for success so hopefully we can keep pushing on.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 17:12   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Disappointed with the result but not the performance. These young lads we have look hungry for success so hopefully we can keep pushing on.
I agree this side looks a lot better than last season's will win more than we lose I think plus McConville and Sangare close to fitness I believe.
Old 17-10-2020, 18:06   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
...now to get chastised by Mrs Mad for starting the thread...
As if I would KJ, just a gentle reminder not to do it again
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2020, 18:25   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think these lads will only get better with a bit more experience they did very well today overall imho.
Old 17-10-2020, 21:01   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
As if I would KJ, just a gentle reminder not to do it again
Yes mama.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 07:54   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think these lads will only get better with a bit more experience they did very well today overall imho.
exactly. i for one are still happy with the performance and league position. just hope to put one over that barton on tuesday night anyway thats possible.
cashman and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 08:14   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Tale of 2 half,s good 1st, shocking 2nd Ipswich,s Edwards on the left gave Savin an afternoon to forget,
Dozzelle for them gave us a midfield lesson second half we are an inexperienced young side but we are learning and Ipswich certainly had some scares first half. Sean McConville summed it up for me though the game without fans is false and rubbish and crowds do make a difference to results.

Dozzelle is only 21 come through the youth system at Ipswich played at every level apart from senior for England, you could tell real talent.
Old 18-10-2020, 10:24   #26
Senior Member+

Comes from good stock. His dad Jason was a top player.
Bit of trivia ..... both Dozzells scored on their debut for Ipswich when they were 16.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 11:15   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Comes from good stock. His dad Jason was a top player.
Bit of trivia ..... both Dozzells scored on their debut for Ipswich when they were 16.
Thanks for that 28. Good to know other clubs are developing young players.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2020, 14:08   #28
God Member

Should think Charles will be back in Tuesday or he should be gives us a bit of movement upfront so we don't rely on the diagonal ball into the box so much, plus much prefer Pritchard outside down the left.
Watchdog likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..