Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2020, 19:01   #16

Re: Fleetwood thread.

First half, I think we have suffered from Fleetwood pressing us when we are in posession in are own quarter, Forcing long uncontrolled balls. We grew into the game as the half wore on. As Hendry said uwkewe not having a good game struggling with burn's pace.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2020, 19:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Growing very slowly into the game wouldn't be surprised to see Sean on half time or shortly after.
Andyd.......growing into the game.....thats the most optimistic summary of the first half, you could have made......we haven't been in it....
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 19:14   #18
God Member

Poor stuff from Stanley thus far. They look like they are expecting the opponents to give them as much time to control the ball as they require.
Waste of Pritchard having to cover for Uwakwe - will McConville take over as wing back and let Pritchard get further forward?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 19:32   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1-0 charles.
Old 20-10-2020, 19:32   #20
God Member

Yes Charles 1 up.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 19:53   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good 3 pts tonight.
Old 20-10-2020, 20:07   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Andyd.......growing into the game.....thats the most optimistic summary of the first half, you could have made......we haven't been in it....
I was spot on Fleetwood weren't that good it was obvious McConville would come on for Uwakawe I said as much on twitter, Barclay another good sub played very well when he came on. Coley obviously give them a hearful in my opinion at half time and we went back to one of our strength,s pressing them into making mistakes and creating pressure ourselves well deserved win.
Old 20-10-2020, 20:11   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Poor stuff from Stanley thus far. They look like they are expecting the opponents to give them as much time to control the ball as they require.
Waste of Pritchard having to cover for Uwakwe - will McConville take over as wing back and let Pritchard get further forward?
You don't put a player who hasn't had a competitive game since January at wing back, Sean was brought on purely for his experience, plus Pritchard is excellent in the wide role.
Old 20-10-2020, 20:22   #24
God Member

Sorry, Andyd, forgot the
Much improved second half. Well done lads.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 20:31   #25
God Member

Talking Re: Fleetwood thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Sorry, Andyd, forgot the
Much improved second half. Well done lads.
Old 20-10-2020, 20:31   #26
God Member

Well it wasn't pretty, games against Fleetwood seldom are but at the end of the day we got the result - doesn't really matter how. Well done for sticking at it & winning all 3 points lads - highlight of the night however was seeing Sean back on the pitch - welcome back Super Mac
cashman, pifco and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 21:33   #27
Senior Member+

I have to agree with AccyMad, it wasn’t a pretty match at all. Also agree that the best event tonight was seeing Sean MAC back on the field.
Neither side seem to have developed any clear cohesion of the sort that produces slick passing moves. Both sides seemed to cancel each other out too. Fleetwood with more experience in their team had more possession in the first half but Stanley’s set up of three at the back and wing backs defending when needed restricted any real threats on our goal.
The substitutions made a difference for Stanley and we matched our opponents for possession in the second half. Barclay made a big difference when he came on with his mobility and strength on the ball. Sean MAC did get some passing moves going but understandably he was cautious when at close quarters with opponents! Sean will need a few matches to regain his confidence but it is a real boost to see him getting fitter and stronger and back in action.
The goal came from some persistent centre forward play from Colby Bishop. Colby did some great defensive work late in the match too.
IMHO our best player in an average team performance was Ross Sykes. Good physicality, making some good defensive clearances when needed and a threat at times going forward.
Stanley are still a ‘Work in Progress’ but we are in a good position in the league and we are definitely moving forward with a fairly young side with the potential to do well this season.
A good three points tonight. Well done the Stanley!
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
chevyfire likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2020, 23:24   #28
Full Member+

3 points and a clean sheet against a decent side.

Could do without the disgraced Hendry on commentary. Grimshaw may be available, and he can talk.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 04:50   #29
God Member

Well done u men in red-made my workday sooooo much better.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 05:34   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I was spot on Fleetwood weren't that good it was obvious McConville would come on for Uwakawe I said as much on twitter, Barclay another good sub played very well when he came on. Coley obviously give them a hearful in my opinion at half time and we went back to one of our strength,s pressing them into making mistakes and creating pressure ourselves well deserved win.
Andyd.......Love the optimism.....you should he a "spin doctor"....what a night last night would have been if we'd been there........I was dancing round the room when we scored.....three more points closer to safety......
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..