Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2020, 20:55   #31
God Member

Re: Swindon thread

Well played lads, little disappointed we only drew the second half 0 - 0 but still great 3 points
Kiwi John and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2020, 20:57   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
another great away result 2 away 2 clean sheets is MAGNIFICENT imho.shame i couldnt see the game
I managed to get the first half, then nothing at all in the second. Don't think I'll bother again.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 21:08   #33

Originally Posted by The Red Darreners

Michael Nottingham brings far, far more to the party than simply being an excellent defender. I have longed to see someone in the team with a decent long throw - Ogle when he's played has shown it's a useful weapon - but beyond that I think he's been a superb addition all over the park. Also pleased to see Savin back - he's done nothing whatsoever to warrant losing the shirt - and he read every potential threat today with confidence and imagination. Baxter is superb also but from remarks in commentary on Tuesday night he seems to be a model pro who takes the manager's decision in absolutely the right spirit - he will get his chance in due course....

I also thought Seamus had a great game today - he broke up the Cobblers' possession on countless occasions whilst Pritchard with improves every match. There were many others I could mention...

I was hugely impressed by the spirit and energy today - having caught the bloody virus myself three weeks ago I'm still shattered a lot of the time - and if 19 of the boys had it recovery time among them will vary massively. In short I thought we were far superior today against a side not short of decent, experienced League 1 pros who were made to look average at best. Keith Curle wore an expression of utter bewilderment at the final whistle - and it wasn't just because of the limited skills of the referee.

John, John and Jimmy seem to have done it again - created a formidable team overnight from dust. Their effort and attitude is exemplary. At times Mrs Darrener and I have to pinch ourselves. Some folk need to start to realise how blessed we are to support this extraordinary club, not least at times like these...."

I refer my honourable friends to the remarks I shared after the Cobblers game.
A masterclass. Conneelly and Charles outstanding again. Savin's magnificent early save a catalyst that's easy to forget. One of the best performances I've ever witnessed from a Stanley team. Another manager left with a perplexed look.....

Forget lockdown - Christmas has come early to this part of East Lancs......
MikeA, cashman, ossy kid and 2 others like this.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 21:10   #34
Senior Member+

An excellent result for Stanley. Sounds like a confident performance from all of the lads tonight. Perhaps Joe Pritchard was our MOM for his creativity but sounds like Dion Charles worked his socks off again and Seamus played a real Captain’s role. Credit the defence too for keeping a clean sheet. The team seems to be starting to develop a level of consistency and confidence which bodes well for the future. I hope that Colby Bishop can shrug off his injury but it would seem that Lewis Mansell would make good cover at centre forward. Swindon had more possession in the second half but Stanley still seemed the more likely to score.
ON STANLEY ON.
UPWARDS AND ONWARD.

Just wish we could all be there and watch it live and be allowed to show our support and appreciation!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 21:11   #35
God Member

Post Re: Swindon thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
I managed to get the first half, then nothing at all in the second. Don't think I'll bother again.
Shame it's such a **** platform, after 22 minutes I saw the rest of the game all played well but Pritchard man of the match for me again carries on like this and we are towards top end will be a lot of interest in him January along with the strong interest being shown in Savin from Southampton.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 21:14   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Shame it's such a **** platform, after 22 minutes I saw the rest of the game all played well but Pritchard man of the match for me again carries on like this and we are towards top end will be a lot of interest in him January along with the strong interest being shown in Savin from Southampton.
We should put a £1,000,000 minimum price tag on all of our players now!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 21:21   #37

Seamus played very well, star man, also young Russell, all worked hard off the ball. Prichard is very greedy should pass more but shouldn’t moan too much. But a great team performance well done the boys!!
Old 17-11-2020, 21:37   #38

Why the need for a forensic autopsy on player performance.... YAWN!!!
Who cares who played well, or didn't?
WE WON 3-0 AWAY FROM HOME!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 21:41   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Why the need for a forensic autopsy on player performance.... YAWN!!!
Who cares who played well, or didn't?
WE WON 3-0 AWAY FROM HOME!
Agree lord, you’re right there
Old 17-11-2020, 21:43   #40
Senior Member+

I've watched this a few times!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1328778209568182273

AccyMad likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 23:05   #41
Senior Member+

Magnificent win tonight and I am beginning to believe mr Coleman when he says we could emulate Wycombe Wanderers, hellno, we could go 1 better and get auto promotion.
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 23:12   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Shame it's such a **** platform.

Don’t want to jinx myself, but I’ve managed to watch every game so far this season, without a problem..... however, games from pre lockdown last season, I was ready for giving up on iFollow, serial buffering, commentary at least 20 seconds behind the picture, think I wasted at least £40 on crap coverage. But, as the only way to see Stanley this season, I decided to persevere, and have (fingers crossed) been rewarded so far!

Only problem I’ve encountered so far was when logging in for a home game, & was asked for card details, & even though I had password, it took my £10 before I had chance to enter it. I see now, since I complained, that password is now requested prior to card details.

iFollow is still in its infancy, hopefully will only improve, perhaps initially by having more cameras involved, secondly , by distributing the revenue more fairly ( see Andy Holt’s numerous tweets on this subject!)

Hope you guys having problems can persevere, & enjoy games such as tonight in the future.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 08:18   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
How can Brett Pitman still be playing?????

X2 Grants playing for Swindon and X2 Smiths... not a common occurrence...

That Hallam Hope has been a thorn in our side a few times in the past also...

They have three Smiths and two Grants - full house 😊 Mentioned it in the PL thread 😊 🏅
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 08:27   #44
God Member

Coley interview spot on one game at a time luck plays it's part has with the first goal, full of praise for the players just one bit not good news that Savin and Uwakawe will be out for a month, but good squad depth this season Cassidy will be back available for Saturday.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 09:41   #45
God Member

a good continuing from saturday for me. thought we might suffer from them having the new manager affect but forgot it was only sheridan who got the job. do not want to jinx anything by talking this early about the end of season but for me this side is better than the promoted one of a few seasons back .
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..