Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2020, 21:00   #31
God Member

Re: Crewe match thread

Another professional performance against a decent footballing side some good showings from our lads Bishop played well poached his goal, Burgess immense in defence Conneelly and Butcher solid in midfield, Sangare ok for first game back another clean sheet, teams will start to take notice now.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2020, 21:01   #32
God Member

Well done lads - decent game, 3 points & another clean sheet. The upside of having Sean banned is he really livens Dan's commentary up
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2020, 21:05   #33

Brilliant 3 points, defence strong. Another clean sheet for Savin. Sangare looked well when he came on at half time. Lots of positives, hope Rodgers injury isnt too bad he has a good game. Nottingham quality, Prichard, conneelly played well. Random to bring Cassidy on and move bishop to left back.
Old 24-11-2020, 21:13   #34
Senior Member+

Solid ad a rock.
Enough said.
Give the lads a break and time to heal then on to the next one ........
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2020, 23:16   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Solid ad a rock.
Enough said.
Give the lads a break and time to heal then on to the next one ........
That's the "plan"

Next game is in Wednesday at Shrewsbury; they are waiting on info to see if fans are allowed;

Suspect it the game will come a few hours too soon
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 09:36   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

reckon the bit longer break will do us good.not a cat in hells chance of us getting in is my view.
Old 25-11-2020, 10:04   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
, teams will start to take notice now.
that could be a problem in home games. think stanley have been a bit under the radar somewhat as play off contenders. can see more teams coming to the wham with little adventure than keeping a clean sheet and going home with a point if they cannot nick the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 11:19   #38

After having found out how to clear caches etc, Saturday's game went fairly smoothly as far as I follow was concerned. Last night it was buffering so much that it took me an hour to watch the first half. Still will have to persevere as I can't see fans being let back in when apparently we have one of the highest infection rates in the country. Hyndburn not Stanley!
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 11:31   #39
Senior Member+

It was a hard earned three points against quite a decent Crewe side that was determined to employ it’s maximum ‘football from the back’ policy. IMHO though I think Stanley are still a ‘work in progress’. Crewe’s determination to play from the back allowed our players, especially Dion Charles in the first half to press them high up the pitch and we won possession a good number of times through this tactic. Sangare took up that role when he came on and Charles went to right back and Dion more than proved his versatility in a new role! Charles was our MOM for me! We took the best chance of the match from a fine free kick by Butcher and excellent centre forward work from Colby Bishop following up as good centre forwards do!
Crewe had a number of scoring chances as we did and the game could easily have been a 3-3 score line or a 3-2 either way. I think that we still need to be more clinical in front of goal. Having said that it is brilliant that we kept another ‘clean sheet’ which can only breed more confidence. Burgess and Nottingham have really brought steel, height, confidence and composure to the team. The extra weapon of Nottingham’s long throw is a great addition to our forward threat too.
As I alluded to earlier, I honestly believe that our team can improve much more yet. I am looking forward to the slick passing football that we have seen Stanley teams develop over the last few seasons since Coley and Jimmy returned. ‘Nail biting matches’ like last night could be replaced by ‘Brazilian Festivals’ of total football when we start to operate on full gas! When we fully enter that realm we really could threaten to win this league.
ON STANLEY ON.
BELIEVE!
MikeA, cashman, yonmon and 1 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 10:30   #40
God Member

[QUOTE=choirboy;1247250][COLOR="Red"][B]It was a hard earned three points against quite a decent Crewe side that was determined to employ it’s maximum ‘football from the back’ policy. IMHO though I think Stanley are still a ‘work in progress’. Crewe’s determination to play from the back allowed our players, especially Dion Charles in the first half to press them high up the pitch and we won possession a good number of times through this tactic.

we always seem to do better against teams who play like that. if i was playing against stanley i,d push my side as far up the pitch as possible from goal kicks and keepers kicks forcing us back into our own half at every possible chance.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..