Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2020, 18:30   #31
God Member

Re: Gillingham match

Excellent 3 points tonight IMHO best performance of the season Gillingham rarely threatened every Stanley player a 8+ performance but mom by a shade Charles for me never let their defenders rest and capped off with a goal.
KiTChener likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2020, 18:31   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i also think best performance this season,
KiTChener, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-12-2020, 18:35   #33
God Member

My prediction was wrong & I really don't care - well played lads & to that nice Mr. Evans, stick that in your pipe & smoke it
KiTChener and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 18:49   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
My prediction was wrong & I really don't care - well played lads & to that nice Mr. Evans, stick that in your pipe & smoke it
Double Like!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 18:50   #35
God Member

Agreed, very good result

Always good to get one over on that very nice chap Mr. Evans

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 19:54   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
On a side note. Two naughty tackles on McConville.
First worse than second but only yellow for second. Eccles a lucky lad.
Do you think he was deliberately targeted 28?.........i did wonder.......glad he made a meal of both tackes......rolling around..........he seemed to get up from both OK. I suppose it may do his confidence good if he comes through both unscathed....and is Ok, if bruised tomorrow.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 21:59   #37
Senior Member+

I'm for ending the season now on a points per game basis ...

We'd be the champions, my friend
AccyMad, cashman, Greger and 3 others like this.
Old 15-12-2020, 22:27   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
super result 2-0 one win one draw last 2 away games is sure better than 2 draws.
Er Cashy, we lost on Saturday unless someones changed the result, 1 win, one loss still better than 2 draws though

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 04:24   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Er Cashy, we lost on Saturday unless someones changed the result, 1 win, one loss still better than 2 draws though

Shussh, the poor lad has a terrible memory, just leave him to his happy thoughts, better all round for everyone!
Old 16-12-2020, 08:26   #40
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight. Eccles a lucky lad.[/QUOTE]

he was in the goon show as well.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 08:35   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad to that nice Mr. Evans, stick that in your pipe & smoke it [/QUOTE]

or in his case, stick it in your burger and eat it. as for the game itself we scored our goals just at the right time. especially the second when they were on top which certainly put the wind out of their sales. was great to see a team performance with every player getting a 7 or 8 out of 10. you cannot beat experiance, which apart from the keepers on the books we have now all over the field. going back to keepers its also good to have 2 young keepers that look to have real futures in the game.
Old 16-12-2020, 08:36   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
true was a mistake yeh make them when yer old and knackered, good interview from Baxter on fishy now also.

Last edited by cashman; 16-12-2020 at 08:44.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 09:16   #43
Senior Member+

Super interview after the match with Nathan Baxter. Intelligent, honest and confident about the match last night but also about where Stanley are at the moment. Also clear about what a good club Stanley is and why he came here. I particularly like his point crediting our forwards for their defensive work too. Good defending starts right up at the front.
A certain Alan Shearer in his prime at Blackburn in the early nineties was the best defending forward ever.IMHO.

Also ladies, doesn’t Nathan have a lovely ‘crinkly’ smile.
It is great for the Stanley that we now have two really good goal keepers both brimming with confidence and the signs for the rest of this season look good.
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 09:42   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
or in his case, stick it in your burger and eat it. as for the game itself we scored our goals just at the right time. especially the second when they were on top which certainly put the wind out of their sales. was great to see a team performance with every player getting a 7 or 8 out of 10. you cannot beat experiance, which apart from the keepers on the books we have now all over the field. going back to keepers its also good to have 2 young keepers that look to have real futures in the game.
Yes experience in the starting 11 average age I worked out was 26.8 just about perfect really, probably about the strongest line up out of the squad for balance, creativity and workmanship. Thought Baxter when with the ball at his feet as modern keeper,s do was calm personified a extension to the back 3, just shades Savin there but Savin will learn and is also a great keeper.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2020, 10:19   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Thought Baxter when with the ball at his feet as modern keeper,s do was calm personified a extension to the back 3, just shades Savin there but Savin will learn and is also a great keeper.
its a good position to be in where the goalkeeper more or less pics himself in the side due to lack of a credible back up. i honestly could not put the width of a fag paper between either lad to be honest and sometimes when a new keeper does come in no matter how good they are it can affect how the defence play with em looking nervous. that certainly was never the case last night.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..