Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2021, 08:26   #241
God Member

Re: Covid and Fixtures

So Savid Javid, who has had his jabs, could have gone to a match before he realised he’d caught a dose (or even afterwards, if he didn’t tell anyone).
But someone who has immunity from having had the Covid flu, or isn’t jabbed or fully jabbed, but would test negative, can’t.
This isn’t science, it’s something else.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2021, 09:01   #242
God Member

it never was science in the first place. there has been plenty of things brought in and attempted to be brought in during the last 18 months that have sod all to do with covid or any science whatsoever.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 09:09   #243
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
This could be an interesting one even Andy Holt has commented on it already this morning on twitter, the government are wanting the Premier league and EFL to have vaccines double jabbed mandatory written into players contracts. The PFA are gearing themselves up for a challenge because this is wanted before October, because a lot of Covid bubbles at football have or are being relaxed and majority of players are youngsters. The argument being with increased mixing with restrictions dropped unvaccinated players will catch the virus thus leading to possible serious disruption of fixtures which they are desperate to avoid. Difficult one because yet again in a free society can one be forced if refusing they lose their job contract or not.
the thing is that all football players are young. they are in a safe catogary for serious illness. all this isolation they are forced to do if they even have a mild case which will be the majority of cases does not help the matter. there is bound to be a PFA legal challenge by any change of a players contract without the players permission. the same will happen outside the game when or if this happens. its football we are on about not healthcare or care home workers.
andyd likes this.
Old 26-07-2021, 15:07   #244
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the thing is that all football players are young. they are in a safe catogary for serious illness. all this isolation they are forced to do if they even have a mild case which will be the majority of cases does not help the matter. there is bound to be a PFA legal challenge by any change of a players contract without the players permission. the same will happen outside the game when or if this happens. its football we are on about not healthcare or care home workers.
So young footballers probably won't die of Covid. But they may visit their grannies occasionally while unknowingly carrying the bug, and the grannies might catch it and die, even if vaccinated. Happy about that?
MikeA, AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 26-07-2021, 15:10   #245
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
So young footballers probably won't die of Covid. But they may visit their grannies occasionally while unknowingly carrying the bug, and the grannies might catch it and die, even if vaccinated. Happy about that?
No but Boris would be
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 15:28   #246
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
No but Boris would be
load of rubbish
yonmon likes this.
Old 26-07-2021, 18:22   #247
Super Moderator

Quote:
Chimer your so spot on!!

We've got this exact issue at Accy;

Lads with who are assymtamatic have infected (insocently) see loved ones and other lads have young children
Plus if ur "double jabbed" by mis August no need to isolate if you've had a close contact of a "positive" contact.
I'll be fine; never been "positive"
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 09:30   #248
God Member

Quote:
thats the total worse case that can happen though. people cannot live their lives thinking that all the time. there is no guarentee that you can pass the virus on killing someone even if you are positive. everyone who is in contact with the public would have had the thing anyway by now if that was the case. you have to be really unlucky to catch it anyway and if you do you have over 99 per cent chance of recovery. better chance than you,d get from a cancer or a serious heart attack or pneumonia.
Old 27-07-2021, 09:47   #249
Senior Member+

It's a minefield isn't it ?
My step son is 28. He refused the vax without any real basis than listening and reading social media.
He got covid. Recovered within 10 days but poorly all the same.
7 days later rushed into hospital with severe pneumonia and blood clots on his lung.
We finally got him home from hospital last night after a frantic period of worry and he's still a way to go.
Are the events coincidental or a consequence ?
I don't know.
He can't have the vax for at least six weeks now so in my eyes "vulnerable".
I'm double vaxed and glad to be.
What I witnessed on that ward I never want to see again.
Chimer and yonmon like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2021, 09:51   #250
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's a minefield isn't it ?
My step son is 28. He refused the vax without any real basis than listening and reading social media.
He got covid. Recovered within 10 days but poorly all the same.
7 days later rushed into hospital with severe pneumonia and blood clots on his lung.
We finally got him home from hospital last night after a frantic period of worry and he's still a way to go.
Are the events coincidental or a consequence ?
I don't know.
He can't have the vax for at least six weeks now so in my eyes "vulnerable".
I'm double vaxed and glad to be.
What I witnessed on that ward I never want to see again.
hope he recovers soon and no long covid,
Old 27-07-2021, 10:35   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Chimer your so spot on!!

We've got this exact issue at Accy;

Lads with who are assymtamatic have infected (insocently) see loved ones and other lads have young children
Plus if ur "double jabbed" by mis August no need to isolate if you've had a close contact of a "positive" contact.
I'll be fine; never been "positive"
Is it not correct that even under current standard contacts clubs can almost insist on players having the jab if the head of medical decided that's what he wanted to do and the PFA are only using the ramifications from the Hull City/ Barnsley court case to try and drive a hole in that ? to suit their own agenda.

I fail to see how vaccinating a clubs whole staff inc the players could be seen as anything but a good thing and would surely send the message to a lot of a clubs younger fans.
Chimer and The Red Darreners like this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 09:32   #252
God Member

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;

I fail to see how vaccinating a clubs whole staff inc the players could be seen as anything but a good thing and would surely send the message to a lot of a clubs younger fans.[/QUOTE]

actually you might have hit on something there. younger fans are much more likely at all clubs to get themselves vaccinanated if players advertise the fact that they have been jabbed. they,ll take much more notice of that than anything the government do actually come out with.
cashman and pifco like this.
Old 28-07-2021, 17:30   #253
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Is it not correct that even under current standard contacts clubs can almost insist on players having the jab if the head of medical decided that's what he wanted to do and the PFA are only using the ramifications from the Hull City/ Barnsley court case to try and drive a hole in that ? to suit their own agenda.

I fail to see how vaccinating a clubs whole staff inc the players could be seen as anything but a good thing and would surely send the message to a lot of a clubs younger fans.
All sensible stuff and currently with lawyers in all areas.

EFL want it; PFA are aware of individual issues with very few players. Minor issue is NHS vaccination, testing all requires a "bit" of effort, it's not delivered directly to you. Bit of a culture shock to the modern player to have to do a bit of something different. They can all register for on line gaming and Instagrame etc but registering for a "jab" is "hardwork"
cashman and yonmon like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2021, 21:19   #254
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
hope he recovers soon and no long covid,
Twentyeight !.. Allow me to echo Cashy's words.. and my hope is that the rest of your family stay safe and well..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 00:40   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post

Absoilutely spot on.
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..