Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2021, 08:02   #286
God Member

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Being advised by medics on Boris,s latest TV brief to avoid attending football matches worried were this is leading.
yes, if they continue attending games the behind closed doors thing will start up again. a middle ground would be far better where every ground has a temporary maximum capacity of home fans only.
MikeA, AccyMad and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2021, 13:26   #287
God Member

Eight games off already Saturday due to COVID sadly it's back again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 14:03   #288
God Member

Nine now.
Old 16-12-2021, 14:13   #289
God Member

And another one oh dear.
Old 16-12-2021, 16:43   #290
God Member

EFL have given a breakdown of vaccination amongst players an astonishing 25% saying they won't have the jab, yet they want people watching to be jabbed or tested soon be a pause to the season yet again.
Old 16-12-2021, 16:58   #291
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
EFL have given a breakdown of vaccination amongst players an astonishing 25% saying they won't have the jab, yet they want people watching to be jabbed or tested soon be a pause to the season yet again.
that does not surprise me at all many are as thick as 2 short planks, im surprised its only 25%.
Kiwi John, pifco and andyd like this.
Old 16-12-2021, 17:14   #292
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that does not surprise me at all many are as thick as 2 short planks, im surprised its only 25%.
Well put Cashy and in a lot of cases overpaid privileged thick planks should be as the NHS are take the jab or lose your job.
cashman likes this.
Old 17-12-2021, 02:40   #293
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Love it, but it can be applied to ANY anti vaxer
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 07:22   #294
God Member

18 games currently off not counting non league this Saturday wonder how long they will let this happen before some decisions on fixtures pile up are made.
Old 17-12-2021, 08:24   #295
Senior Member+

I wonder if fines, not that I agree with them, will be varied so that they reflect the vaccination levels at clubs involved in calling off matches...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 08:35   #296
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
quite true but then again dummys never change, unless its medically unsafe then yer a fool if yeh dont have it, imho, yeh can still pass it on but you yerself are safer.

Last edited by cashman; 17-12-2021 at 08:37.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 09:01   #297
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I wonder if fines, not that I agree with them, will be varied so that they reflect the vaccination levels at clubs involved in calling off matches...
there is no guarentee that the number of cases at clubs will equate to the number of vaccinated players.
Old 17-12-2021, 09:04   #298
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
there should be no such thing as a pro or anti vaxer. who started that in the first place. was never used previously for parents with the MMR vaccine for their kids. its a personal choice from both sides of the argument that i hope was taken seriously by all involved.
Old 17-12-2021, 09:09   #299
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
there is no guarentee that the number of cases at clubs will equate to the number of vaccinated players.
Same argument could be used for testing at turnstiles
Old 18-12-2021, 08:00   #300
God Member

I think personally it's not if it's when will the season be stopped for a break Premiership meeting on Monday has one top flight manager said apart from health issues it becomes an unfair league if teams are forced to play say with 14 players negative for example.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..