Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2021, 19:08   #31
God Member

Re: Hull match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
OH &^%$%%^^&%...everytime I leave the room they score.
Next Tuesday KJ, please don't leave the room - get a commode if necessary
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2021, 19:12   #32
God Member

Bloody hell, a triple substitution?!? Never been known . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 19:17   #33
God Member

WARNING-I'm leaving the room.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 19:21   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

2nd half we been very poor, why put subs on when the game is over? beats me.
Old 19-01-2021, 19:24   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Saves a post match warm down so they can get on the bus a bit quicker?
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 19:27   #36
God Member

Dam, got my prediction right (well nearly).
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 19:33   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Poor all game to me Cashy outplayed in midfield Richie Smallwood had all the room in the world to pull Hull,s strings what as happened with our pressing game, Bishop and Charles waiting for passes that never came they need to get involved worry tonight though unlike Saturday we created nothing big wake up call we were totally outplayed, no striker on the bench is a poor sign.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 19:39   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the poorest sign of all to me is NOT putting subs on until the game is lost was after it was 3-0 j.c. has been a manager long enough to have learnt that first sub was in the 77th min.

Last edited by cashman; 19-01-2021 at 19:41.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 19:47   #39
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Hull match thread

Another grumpy moan from my lethargic lockdown lounge.. very short !.

I certainly can't see this squad getting anywhere if, after JC's in depth training, tonight's performance is going to be the norm !.
Plus, after seeing and appreciating the gap between themselves and Hull City, the team must be of the same opinion.

Moan over... back to Eastenders !..

Last edited by yonmon; 19-01-2021 at 19:50.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 20:14   #40
God Member

50 points is the target so 6 wins needed if John manages to bring anyone in if it's upfront pace would be beneficial and we definitely need a playmaker in the centre McConville not the answer in their but I,m sure we will win a few more and hopefully cement our place in league 1 for next season when hopefully we can all be back watching.
Old 19-01-2021, 20:16   #41
God Member

As Coleman says don't get carried away by winning runs or defeats, I for one don't.
Old 19-01-2021, 21:31   #42
Senior Member+

In some respects Im pleased. Time for reality to kick in. Hull are a far better side / squad and so they should be.
Stop looking up start looking over our shoulders and be honest.
If we finish two or three places above relegation slots we’ve done brilliant.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 08:38   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
In some respects Im pleased. Time for reality to kick in. Hull are a far better side / squad and so they should be.
Stop looking up start looking over our shoulders and be honest.
If we finish two or three places above relegation slots we’ve done brilliant.
Who do you really support in an earlier reply I said Hull weren't that good I stick by that we made them look better than they were, no excuses we were poor but we have done amazingly well a big squad on the money they are on is beyond us but hopefully Tuesday night Stanley rub your comments were they belong.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 20-01-2021, 09:36   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Who do you really support in an earlier reply I said Hull weren't that good I stick by that we made them look better than they were, no excuses we were poor but we have done amazingly well a big squad on the money they are on is beyond us but hopefully Tuesday night Stanley rub your comments were they belong.
think this season has now reached a crossroads. can go either way now. just hope the stanley inverted snobbery does not come to the fore where we should be just happy to be playing teams like hull city and should not be beating em anyway looking at the budgets available. remember it was only a couple of weeks back we were working out how we could catch them and lincoln in the forthcoming weeks.
AccyMad and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 10:24   #45
God Member

Last 2 games we have been beaten by our own tactics, we have been out pressed when that happens our midfield looks to play backwards nothing wrong with that if you retain possession, but the back 3 more often than not just pumped the ball upfield to nobody in particular, Bishop can win headers but Charles prefers the ball to run at. Think Rodgers has been a miss he was playing well defensively and overlapping well. A break Saturday could be a blessing especially if we manage to bring in a couple of new faces.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..