Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2021, 19:54   #16

Re: Doncaster away thread.

I thought Brad was going to come back and haunt us at the end there!
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2021, 19:54   #17
Senior Member+

45 points. Are we safe yet?
MikeA, AccyMad, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Old 17-02-2021, 19:59   #18
Senior Member+

YOU REDS!!!!!!!
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 20:01   #19
God Member

Great result stepped it up second half and should have scored again made Doncaster look average but survived a scare at the end but brilliant header off the line, some good performances again Baxter will go to the top of the game he,s an outstanding keeper, Barclay growing into his role at centre half, Smyth a handful all night. One gripe we need to improve our set pieces especially with the height in the side back in playoff position,s.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 20:07   #20
God Member

Great result and performance from Stanley.
Only downside was, as 28 suggested, corners and free kicks being consistently over hit from Philips. But that’s a minor whinge on what was a good battling effort from all eleven.
Well done, lads.
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 20:09   #21
Senior Member+

I was watching the Sky Sports news cast and Chris Kamara was saying that Seamus Conneely and Dion Charles were fantastic tonight, really bumping the price up if we have to sell them on (I hope not). Well taken deflected goal from Paul Smyth and IF he is out of contract at the end of the season, I would suggest AH/JC talk to him to join our merry band for next season, wherever we are, be it League 1 or Championship.
mab likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 20:36   #22
Senior Member+

Our Captain is playing out of his skin at the moment.
I just hope he doesn't run out of steam because he would always be my first name on the team sheet.
mab, StanleyJosh and Watchdog like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 20:40   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I was watching the Sky Sports news cast and Chris Kamara was saying that Seamus Conneely and Dion Charles were fantastic tonight, really bumping the price up if we have to sell them on (I hope not). Well taken deflected goal from Paul Smyth and IF he is out of contract at the end of the season, I would suggest AH/JC talk to him to join our merry band for next season, wherever we are, be it League 1 or Championship.
With the state that Barcelona’s finances are in at the moment, I don’t think they could afford Seamus!
Dion is on a fantastic run of form at the moment. If he keeps listening and learning he could make the step up to the Championship. But he still has a lot of learning to do. I hope he doesn’t make the same mistake Kayden did and jump too soon. I think Dion’s attitude has been superb the last few months as he has realised what he is capable of. Maybe previously he has been a bit lax and maybe thought he’d found his level. I’m sure now he has the ability and desire to go further.
monkey hanger likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 23:40   #24
God Member

WOW !! sounds like a great team effort to go with the great 3 points. I'm back at work now (following 3 months of work on compo-broken Femur and a brand new knee)so missed the action this morning, tho I got FT score up on cell phone. Was ecstatic, and couldn't shut up and stop singing the praises of STANLEY to a backpacker from Brighton (who supports Arsenal-go figure). He was pleased at first then I could see he was getting sick of it. To bad. We have a long harvest season coming up, so he had better get used to it, coz I'm certain we are in the playoffs to stay.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2021, 03:03   #25
Senior Member+

Great win Stanley, roll on Saturday. Well done to everyone involved.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2021, 07:35   #26
God Member

20 games to go this season is a tough ask for every team playing so many games in midweek to try and finish on schedule, Stanley's squad is beginning to show how good it is McConville, Pritchard, Roberts, Cassidy, Sangare, Sherriff all missing and capable of a place in the side. I think we are one of the best sides in the division on our day and shouldn't fear anyone, every player who has stepped in such as Rodgers, Barclay, Phillips and Smyth have fit in perfectly testiment to the coaches and players Saturday can't come quickly enough.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-02-2021, 07:53   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
20 games to go this season is a tough ask for every team playing so many games in midweek to try and finish on schedule, Stanley's squad is beginning to show how good it is McConville, Pritchard, Roberts, Cassidy, Sangare, Sherriff all missing and capable of a place in the side. I think we are one of the best sides in the division on our day and shouldn't fear anyone, every player who has stepped in such as Rodgers, Barclay, Phillips and Smyth have fit in perfectly testiment to the coaches and players Saturday can't come quickly enough.
yeh forgot Ross mate.
Old 18-02-2021, 07:56   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh forgot Ross mate.
It's early brain not in sixth gear yet.
Old 18-02-2021, 10:08   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Great result and well deserved i thought. for my money donny are one of the best sides in div 1.
thing is that they try to play football and stanley always play well against that type of side. its the northamptons and shrewsbury types that have always gave em trouble.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2021, 10:13   #30
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh; I think Dion’s attitude has been superb the last few months as he has realised what he is capable of. Maybe previously he has been a bit lax and maybe thought he’d found his level. I’m sure now he has the ability and desire to go further.[/QUOTE]

for some unknown reason my lad who supports stockport has followed dions career for a number of years. he always rated him where others didn,t and is really happy that his judgement has been proved right.
MikeA likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..