Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2021, 16:39   #31
God Member

Re: Fleetwood away thread.

Baxter can he play in midfield as well?
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2021, 16:40   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
After the goal ........
Still doesn't change the fact that Burns should not have scored from where he was.
It's gone let it go.
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
Old 27-02-2021, 16:43   #33
God Member

Mom Baxter.
Old 27-02-2021, 16:56   #34
God Member

Oh well, 1 point better than zilch...onwards STANLEY
Old 27-02-2021, 16:57   #35
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Mom Baxter.
You can’t be serious. Twice in 2 games he’s been at fault for a goal.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:03   #36

Not created enough today in the final third, but we have plenty of creative players on the pitch. I would personally rest or bench Charles...which may happen anyway if he is injured. He's doing nothing wrong.......but it may just give him his edge back. He gets surrounded by defenders when he gets the ball. It's a real compliment to the lad.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:05   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whatever its still been a much better season than anyone hoped simple as.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:11   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
You can’t be serious. Twice in 2 games he’s been at fault for a goal.
It wasn't a bad game typical derby lacking quality dare I say I think team selection today was wrong Phillips just hasn't had a decent game, Smyth should have started came on and at least showed some threat last few games we have looked jaded upfront, midfield today was poor lazy passing unbalanced with Phillips in, McConville came on and made little difference. Hughes outstanding at the back yes I am serious Baxter will be the first to hold his hand up for the goal but 2 great saves and a penalty but go on drop one of our most consistent performers in the midst of a poor run you need to get real just wish his talent and enthusiasm would run off on the rest of the team.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:12   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
It wasn't a bad game typical derby lacking quality dare I say I think team selection today was wrong Phillips just hasn't had a decent game, Smyth should have started came on and at least showed some threat last few games we have looked jaded upfront, midfield today was poor lazy passing unbalanced with Phillips in, McConville came on and made little difference. Hughes outstanding at the back yes I am serious Baxter will be the first to hold his hand up for the goal but 2 great saves and a penalty but go on drop one of our most consistent performers the in the midst of a poor run you need to get real just wish his talent and enthusiasm would run off on the rest of the team.
never said drop him? but keep looking through those negative lenses of yours and putting words into peoples mouths.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:17   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Were has our midfield gone?
And which midfield would that be pray tell ?.
As usual ' anonymous' would appear to describe those chosen to play in the 'engine room '.
Is it any wonder that the two strikers are not scoring when no support is forthcoming !.
Another poor display which must have the Manager and Coaches worried about the future of this underachieving squad ??..
Old 27-02-2021, 17:19   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Mom Baxter.
Unbelievable.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:19   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And which midfield would that be pray tell ?.
As usual ' anonymous' would appear to describe those chosen to play in the 'engine room '.
Is it any wonder that the two strikers are not scoring when no support is forthcoming !.
Another poor display which must have the Manager and Coaches worried about the future of this underachieving squad ??..
Yonmon, I do hope I have missed the sarcasm in your post.
Our strikers are the only ones who are scoring!
You surely can’t look at this season and say we are underachieving....
Old 27-02-2021, 17:22   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
never said drop him? but keep looking through those negative lenses of yours and putting words into peoples mouths.
What's negative about wanting us to play better I applaud were it fits and criticism is aimed at those who aren't playing or doing their jobs properly, and may I add it is constructive criticism based on as Coley says wanting to win every game. Home against Ipswich Tuesday and we need to improve our home form and 3 points are needed to hang onto the shirt tails of the leaders.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:27   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
What's negative about wanting us to play better I applaud were it fits and criticism is aimed at those who aren't playing or doing their jobs properly, and may I add it is constructive criticism based on as Coley says wanting to win every game. Home against Ipswich Tuesday and we need to improve our home form and 3 points are needed to hang onto the shirt tails of the leaders.
Because you have to be realistic as well and realise we aren’t playing FIFA or Football Manager.
Old 27-02-2021, 17:29   #45
Senior Member+

We are seventh. The games in hand have evaporated and the gap to the rest of the pack has narrowed.
I wasn't expecting us to be where we are so no complaints.
Very frustrated though.
I don’t think much of this recent run has anything to do with ability but all to do with fatigue and dare I suggest the depth of the squad.
On to the next one.
cashman, Greger, pifco and 3 others like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..