Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2021, 20:14   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Fleetwood away thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Yonmon, I do hope I have missed the sarcasm in your post.
Our strikers are the only ones who are scoring!
You surely can’t look at this season and say we are underachieving....
Josh !.. you know that I am never sarcastic!.. given to veiled cynicism now and again maybe, so yes you're correct and didn't spot the least smidgeon of sarcasm in my post .
However,reading other posts I do not seem to be alone in thinking that Stanley's current midfielders are not the best, or performing to a degree where there is the Zest and thrust emanating from that area of play which ensures our pair of strikers time and opportunity to score the goals which will win games. I'm certain that the Manager knows this also and some of his work in progress will be devoted to improving these deficiencies.
As to our striking duo,and I'm probably wrong in thinking this. It is apparent more often as the season progresses, that they are both in need of a period of R and R ... I think others have noticed this using the terms 'jaded' and 'tired. However, in the absence of replacements to form a rotation of forward players then I guess that they will have to soldier on regardless and score when and wherever the odd chance comes their way !.
It goes without saying that I take some satisfaction from our current league position and maintain the pride I have always held for the team which I have followed and supported for so long.
So if I do have a gripe now and again, it does I hope never appear to be sarcastic in any way !..KEEP THE FAITH !

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2021, 20:43   #62
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Josh !.. you know that I am never sarcastic!.. given to veiled cynicism now and again maybe, so yes you're correct and didn't spot the least smidgeon of sarcasm in my post .
However,reading other posts I do not seem to be alone in thinking that Stanley's current midfielders are not the best, or performing to a degree where there is the Zest and thrust emanating from that area of play which ensures our pair of strikers time and opportunity to score the goals which will win games. I'm certain that the Manager knows this also and some of his work in progress will be devoted to improving these deficiencies.
As to our striking duo,and I'm probably wrong in thinking this. It is apparent more often as the season progresses, that they are both in need of a period of R and R ... I think others have noticed this using the terms 'jaded' and 'tired. However, in the absence of replacements to form a rotation of forward players then I guess that they will have to soldier on regardless and score when and wherever the odd chance comes their way !.
It goes without saying that I take some satisfaction from our current league position and maintain the pride I have always held for the team which I have followed and supported for so long.
So if I do have a gripe now and again, it does I hope never appear to be sarcastic in any way !..KEEP THE FAITH !

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
You have a way with words good Sir, that sums everything up so eloquently.
Old 27-02-2021, 21:42   #63

Talking Re: Fleetwood away thread.

A general comment, but I prefer it when Tariq plays some part in the games as he tends to keep wide and puts crosses into the box for Dion, Colby and whoever else makes a forward run......
Old 28-02-2021, 08:01   #64
God Member

Coley,s post match interview spot on did we deserve 3 points no probably not started well but then opened up and give them space, Stanley need to find their mojo back the spark from earlier in the season has gone. Thinks there was nothing wrong with the disallowed Smyth goal and although the ref got little wrong I agree watching again with Coley the goal should have stood fine margins.
Old 28-02-2021, 10:03   #65
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;

What’s negative about what I’ve put ?
I think the word you’re seeking is realistic.

for some unknown reason being realistic is classed as negative for some unknown reason. think fans like those at all clubs do tend to get above themselves when players and the side are doing well. think the majority would have jumped for say 12th place in the league at this stage back in august. would anyone have really moaned about an away draw against fleetwood if it had been the first game of the season. not the best game yesterday but have seen far worse and was happy getting something out of it.
MikeA, AccyMad and Watchdog like this.
Old 28-02-2021, 18:45   #66
Senior Member+

We wuz robbed! This is from Dan on Twitter:
Great fun to do a full commentary on a really exciting game at Higbury for nobody at all to hear. Cheers iFollow!
Old 28-02-2021, 18:49   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dan must think like me IFOLLOW is pretty rubbish
Old 28-02-2021, 19:16   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Unbelievable.
EFL team of the week keeper Nathan Baxter
Old 28-02-2021, 19:33   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
EFL team of the week keeper Nathan Baxter
Some no marks who didn't even watch the game will have seen he saved a penalty.
If you start following this trollop and give it credence .........
NEARLY as bad as some of the MOM selections I witnessed in the good old days when fans were there.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-02-2021, 20:56   #70
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Some no marks who didn't even watch the game will have seen he saved a penalty.
If you start following this trollop and give it credence .........
NEARLY as bad as some of the MOM selections I witnessed in the good old days when fans were there.
Don’t haha ! I had to flipping announce it! That’s the problem with the ‘sponsors’ choosing. Although their money is most welcome! Most the time the players were embarrassed to accept it!
Old 01-03-2021, 07:27   #71
God Member

Quote:
Don’t haha ! I had to flipping announce it! That’s the problem with the ‘sponsors’ choosing. Although their money is most welcome! Most the time the players were embarrassed to accept it!
Well most of the time in my experience sponsored tables are full of people prepared to throw a few bib in out for an enjoyable day many of them never go near a football match and just conjour a man of the match for a laugh through mainly alcohol fuelled eyes, not really comparable to who picks EFL teams of the week.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:28   #72
God Member

Quote:
Well most of the time in my experience sponsored tables are full of people prepared to throw a few bob in out for an enjoyable day many of them never go near a football match and just conjour a man of the match for a laugh through mainly alcohol fuelled eyes, not really comparable to who picks EFL teams of the week.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 01-03-2021, 07:50   #73
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well most of the time in my experience sponsored tables are full of people prepared to throw a few bob in out for an enjoyable day many of them never go near a football match and just conjour a man of the match for a laugh through mainly alcohol fuelled eyes, not really comparable to who picks EFL teams of the week.
It’s prepared by a statistics company giving points for each player, similar to how a fantasy football works.

Should a keeper who saves a pen to earn a draw, be higher rated than a keeper keeping a clean sheet?
Old 01-03-2021, 08:54   #74
Senior Member+

A centre-forward who scored a hat-trick, but also missed an open goal, would still probably get M-o-M. So why wouldn't a keeper who made three game-saving saves, including a penalty, but also let in a soft one, be considered?

Answers on a postcard to the Goalkeepers' Union ......
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:40   #75
God Member

Smile Re: Fleetwood away thread.

Quote:
It’s prepared by a statistics company giving points for each player, similar to how a fantasy football works.

Should a keeper who saves a pen to earn a draw, be higher rated than a keeper keeping a clean sheet?
Depends on whether the keeper with the clean sheet has had a save to make happens many times, Baxter's performance,s since he made the starting 11 have been outstanding without looking through every game vastly contributing to our impressive points haul, even the very talented Savin who hopefully is benefiting from training and watching the lad will improve and go on to be a Stanley great, Baxter and I,ve seen a hell of a lot is fast becoming the best we have had between the sticks.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..