Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2021, 09:13   #106
God Member

Re: Peterborough away thread.

think yesterday was just something to forget and move on as fans and the club. just lets make sure it does not happen again and the injuries just clear up quickly. at least we know that coley and jimmy will still be in their jobs on monday unlike some FC Kneejerk clubs where their taxis will be ordered now.
MikeA, AccyMad, Tin Monkey and 2 others like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2021, 09:17   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
You are unbelievable Andy so lets give you the chance to put things right.
Do you stand by your comment that all the players missing today - Baxter Sykes Conneely Pritchard Bishop Charles wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference ?
No waffle - the answer is yes or no.
thats been our problem since christmas time. so many players not up and nowhere near the standard required when these players are missing. hope next seasons budget is not spread as wide as this years. smaller squad on more money please.
Old 28-03-2021, 09:17   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think yesterday was just something to forget and move on as fans and the club. just lets make sure it does not happen again and the injuries just clear up quickly. at least we know that coley and jimmy will still be in their jobs on monday unlike some FC Kneejerk clubs where their taxis will be ordered now.
Spot on monkey it happens.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 09:23   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
could have been much worse. we could in normal circumstances seen the game live. its one of them away games i might have gone too.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 28-03-2021, 09:32   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought j.c, summed things up very well after that debacle.
Exile on Spencer St and andyd like this.
Old 28-03-2021, 09:35   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thats been our problem since christmas time. so many players not up and nowhere near the standard required when these players are missing. hope next seasons budget is not spread as wide as this years. smaller squad on more money please.
Problem is at least 7 of yesterday,s starting 11 are contracted beyond the summer Sean,s contract is up can't see him being let go who knows not sure about Harvey,s position or Ben,s Smyth obviously not ours difficult not a lot of wiggle room.
Old 28-03-2021, 09:52   #112

Talking Re: Peterborough away thread.

Quote:
Problem is at least 7 of yesterday,s starting 11 are contracted beyond the summer Sean,s contract is up can't see him being let go who knows not sure about Harvey,s position or Ben,s Smyth obviously not ours difficult not a lot of wiggle room.
It will be the same for us next year. Similar resources. Maybe more from extra match day income. But not substantially more. Same manager, similar squad size to this year. Just hope we have enough fit players to fullfil the next 2 fixtures. 53 points on the board, what a great season. Just glad we are not a Hull, Sunderland, Peterborough, Portsmouth or Charlton whose fans and the media think they are still punching below their weight....
MikeA, AccyMad, andyd and 2 others like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 10:57   #113
God Member

5 Posh players plus manager in EFL league 1 team of the week.
Old 28-03-2021, 11:17   #114
God Member

My biggest criticism isnt related directly to this game but is highlighted by it. As fans we have little or no idea about injuries and how long someone is out for. Whats the deal with Sykes? What was the deal with Sykes? Now and again we get a snippet of info but its rarely a categoric statement
yonmon likes this.
Old 28-03-2021, 11:30   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well swerved.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 14:02   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Well swerved.
Twenty Eight, I'm sure you're right about many things, but I doubt I'm alone in getting really p'd off with your apparent need to have a snipe at every post Andy makes.

Just give it a rest, please!
Old 28-03-2021, 14:22   #117
God Member

There speaketh a man with some sense...........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 14:30   #118
God Member

Back to the title of the thread............ spot on interview from Coley

Refreshing - and not just because it is Coley - to hear the truth, beaten by the better side, nothing to do with the awful pitch, good strikers taking the chances on offer

I was listening to something on 1089 on the way home from work today - cannot for the life of me remember what - but, they were saying something about some chap just being honest and saying it like it was, rather than trundling out the standard party lines....

Just imagine 25 years ago, somebody telling us that we would be getting beaten 7-0 in a League 1 game, we would either have a) said they were mad and called an ambulance, b) ripped their arm off and said "League 1 - yes please!!"

MikeA, Revived Red, yonmon and 1 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 15:38   #119
Senior Member+

As usual I have been ruminating around yesterday’s game, and one thing kept returning to my thoughts, that being the demeanour of every Stanley player shown throughout the game.
From the word go it was obvious that collectively they were exhibiting quite clearly that they were suffering from pressures that were not only affecting the skills needed to match a superior foe, but also preventing the creating of a team spirit to achieve that end !.
So was the teams way under par performance due to the players having to shoulder this extra pressure placed upon them by the absence of injured team mates, I rather think so !.
It is true to say ,I am reliably informed, that if there is one immotivating element to be found in a demanding situation, then this is the presence of unrecognized pressures to deal with it !.
Therefore friends, instead of creating our own interpersonal pressures via unnecessary, and at times difficult to understand posts and replies, let’s show some understanding for yesterday’s team, who appeared to some as unfit for purpose but had the aforementioned pressures placed on their shoulders.

Gosh !.. this is turning into one of my protracted Novels / Sermons (?).
so back to my G and T and Cricket !..
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2021, 16:45   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Twenty Eight, I'm sure you're right about many things, but I doubt I'm alone in getting really p'd off with your apparent need to have a snipe at every post Andy makes.

Just give it a rest, please!
With pleasure - he just needs to answer the question.
He challenges my posts can I not challenge his ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..