Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2021, 17:46   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Burton thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Midfield are lacking in every department ... Injuries shouldn’t diminish basic skills .. Hoofball Alley today I’m afraid !..Sean’s role appears to be just getting under the feet !.
BUT .... ON STANLEY !.. ON !.
The midfield was not lacking in every department Sir.
After one training session our Captain was asked to do a job.
Not only did he do it he was our best man on the pitch.
Im very proud of Seamus right now.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2021, 17:51   #32
God Member

Quote:
Maybe Phillips could accompany him down the road ?..
totally lacking in skill and know how !.
Agree my good friend
cashman likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 17:57   #33
God Member

Quote:
Midfield are lacking in every department ... Injuries shouldn’t diminish basic skills .. Hoofball Alley today I’m afraid !..Sean’s role appears to be just getting under the feet !.
BUT .... ON STANLEY !.. ON !.
About right Yonmon, though I would think that lack of game time, plus returning from/carrying injury played a part...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 17:57   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I agree, Seamus certainly brought an improvement and stability to our midfield and he helped out in defence at set ball situations, their long throws for example. I thought our two central defenders also did a good job. I feel more reassured playing a back four with Seamus just in front as the midfield pivot.
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 18:07   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I agree, Seamus certainly brought an improvement and stability to our midfield and he helped out in defence at set ball situations, their long throws for example. I thought our two central defenders also did a good job. I feel more reassured playing a back four with Seamus just in front as the midfield pivot.
Good points back 4 with Seamus Infront makes us more solid but the downside to the formation today was creativity, against to be honest poor opposition, but with all the problems we have had it was as Coley said good to get a clean sheet, we move on still plenty of football left Oxford a different proposition but a good hunting ground for us hopefully we'll find our shooting boots.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 18:15   #36
Full Member+

Bland game - take a point and move on. We are staying up!
monkey hanger likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 18:58   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

myself thought considering the circs it wasnt bad.
Old 02-04-2021, 21:25   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Don’t remember naming anyone in particular 28 !.. My post was a half-time opinion based on the inordinate number of misdirected passes, missed tackles..
and from one of our midfield players , giving up the chase and coming to a standstill when beaten !.
Second half was marginally better and the Captain was perhaps more involved in things.
Hope he continues in his recovery to full fitness !.
yonmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:07   #39
Full Member+

Thought Harvey had a fantastic game, good to see him getting forward to put crosses in the box and having a few shots, similar to the Harvey we had on loan in his first spell.
Chuffed for Toby with the clean sheet. Very mature performance and kept hold of the ball well especially when claiming high balls into his box.
Hopefully the lads who returned from injury stay injury free and we can welcome back the likes of Pritchard before end of season.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:12   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don’t remember naming anyone in particular 28 !.. My post was a half-time opinion based on the inordinate number of misdirected passes, missed tackles..
and from one of our midfield players , giving up the chase and coming to a standstill when beaten !.
Second half was marginally better and the Captain was perhaps more involved in things.
Hope he continues in his recovery to full fitness !.
Apologies if Ive misinterpreted - I thought “every department” was pretty clear.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:05   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Thought Harvey had a fantastic game, good to see him getting forward to put crosses in the box and having a few shots, similar to the Harvey we had on loan in his first spell.
Chuffed for Toby with the clean sheet. Very mature performance and kept hold of the ball well especially when claiming high balls into his box.
Hopefully the lads who returned from injury stay injury free and we can welcome back the likes of Pritchard before end of season.
In what was to be honest a poor contest the back 4 played quite well Toby apart from some loose kicking did well will do him no harm the clean sheet , interesting that Phillips who was only on 8 minutes if Colby and Dion had taken those 2 late chances would have been credited with 2 assists, shame as the 2 points dropped now make the playoffs a big ask.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:54   #42
God Member

didn,t see the game but two pluses must be toby,s clean sheet for his confidence and another point which for me makes us safe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:59   #43
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
In what was to be honest a poor contest the back 4 played quite well Toby apart from some loose kicking did well will do him no harm the clean sheet , interesting that Phillips who was only on 8 minutes if Colby and Dion had taken those 2 late chances would have been credited with 2 assists, shame as the 2 points dropped now make the playoffs a big ask.
Think Phillips suited that number 10’role behind the strikers. Gives him more freedom to create. Feel sorry for the lad with injuries meaning he’s been played out of position etc.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:44   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Think Phillips suited that number 10’role behind the strikers. Gives him more freedom to create. Feel sorry for the lad with injuries meaning he’s been played out of position etc.
Josh !.. Perhaps my criticism of Adam Phillips was a bit OTT ,and when he develops a bit more match awareness, which will hopefully come his way as he plays more and more games,then maybe his overall contribution to the play will increase !. Perhaps the odd few minutes introduced as a Substitute does little to help him achieve this goal.
Like my feelings towards ALL of our squad , I wish him a fruitful and INJURY FREE future in the game !.
yonmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 13:04   #45
Full Member+

Quote:
Josh !.. Perhaps my criticism of Adam Phillips was a bit OTT ,and when he develops a bit more match awareness, which will hopefully come his way as he plays more and more games,then maybe his overall contribution to the play will increase !. Perhaps the odd few minutes introduced as a Substitute does little to help him achieve this goal.
Like my feelings towards ALL of our squad , I wish him a fruitful and INJURY FREE future in the game !.
Yonmon good sir! Wasn’t aimed at you in the slightest, to be fair I have been extremely critical of him recently!
On Stanley, On!

Viva Promotion Push

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..