Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2021, 10:18   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Anyone know if you can pay on the day/gate tomorrow?
i know yeh can buy a ticket at the shop.before the game
Old 31-07-2021, 15:55   #77
God Member

Had a ticket but couldn't make it seems like I missed nought will be an interesting post match interview with Coley.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 16:37   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

First Half we were shocking absolutely useless expected a few subs for second half but as usual it was 20 mins before the end some came on dont care what anyone says subs are our managers weakness, second half we were much better which did not shock me the lads were late coming out after what i assume was the hair dryer.
Watchdog likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 17:02   #79
Full Member+

Must admit to expecting a lot more from Stanley when so close to the new season start. Lets hope they shape up next Saturday when it matters.
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2021, 17:07   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
First Half we were shocking absolutely useless expected a few subs for second half but as usual it was 20 mins before the end some came on dont care what anyone says subs are our managers weakness, second half we were much better which did not shock me the lads were late coming out after what i assume was the hair dryer.
I agree Cashy Coleys Achilles heel has been subs, could understand it a bit when the bench was inexperienced and we had some poor squads. Now though with all the progress under Andy Holt on and off the field less of a problem and before anyone says we are having a dig at Coleman today was only a friendly and he has done a fantastic job.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 31-07-2021, 17:24   #81
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

On a brighter note today's game attracted an attendance of 1097 which includes 305 city fans 🙂
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 31-07-2021, 18:25   #82
Senior Member+

Very poor first half and awful defending for both goals. Second half was better with more urgency in the play. Nobody seemed to be able to handle Angol early on.

Perhaps if Dion had buried his headed chance in the second half, things might have been different? However, Bradford deserved the win.
cashman likes this.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54   #83
God Member

if we have any problems pre season friendly games are the time to have them. time to sort things out before what really matters, next saturday onwards. never know why fans get either misty eyed or depressed about results in pre season games.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:32   #84
God Member

Wink Re: Pre Season Friendlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if we have any problems pre season friendly games are the time to have them. time to sort things out before what really matters, next saturday onwards. never know why fans get either misty eyed or depressed about results in pre season games.
Your right friendly,s are a fitness and minutes in legs excercises Coleman always wants to win so does everyone, but they are friendly,s and a lot of fans including a lot I know personally won't go near them.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:17   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Your right friendly,s are a fitness and minutes in legs excercises Coleman always wants to win so does everyone, but they are friendly,s and a lot of fans including a lot I know personally won't go near them.
well i for one do not. last one i saw was some scottish club we played a few seasons ago and thats because i was nosy on what the opposition would be like.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 13:36   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i go i like to see the new signings and form a view.
Old 01-08-2021, 13:58   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i go i like to see the new signings and form a view.
Cashy, was Trialist A yesterday the same one that laid on the cross for Pritchard’s goal against PNE?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 14:54   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Cashy, was Trialist A yesterday the same one that laid on the cross for Pritchard’s goal against PNE?
Looking at the photo gallery of the game it's Jack Nolan yes the same lad.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:50   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Looking at the photo gallery of the game it's Jack Nolan yes the same lad.
He his on today's photo of the squad for the season expected to sign sometime this week.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..