Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2021, 09:49   #31
God Member

Re: The league return of the fans matchday thread

Cheers for that Josh
monkey hanger likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-08-2021, 10:23   #32
Full Member+

I agree with you MH on 3 occasions in the first half Cambridge were in front of an open goal, thankfully they didn't seem able to hit the target on any of them a problem which they seemed to have for the whole match except for their goal of course.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 11:01   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to be clear to me cambridge couldnt score in a brothel, i think they will go straight back down.
Old 15-08-2021, 11:24   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to be clear to me cambridge couldnt score in a brothel, i think they will go straight back down.

80th minute they seemed to find something on the menu that they liked
Old 15-08-2021, 11:29   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
80th minute they seemed to find something on the menu that they liked
aye it was just a bad mistake from a good keeper,
Old 15-08-2021, 13:30   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was good to see Willie Mcinnes on sat looking good for his age, was an idol of mine when i was a lad,
yonmon likes this.
Old 15-08-2021, 13:55   #37
Senior Member+

Well for my 2penneth, I agree with Cashy, brilliant first half, complete and utter rubbish 2nd half. Bright spots for me was Pell and Leigh (came on 2nd half), good long throw on him and can outpace defensive players. Thank goodness they couldn't hit an open barn door on 5 occasions. Keeper looks good, just hope there isn't too many errors in his game. Could and should have scored more and also, how on earth did Cambridge not get a yellow card, they were playing rugby union/league all through the game. Looking forward to Doncaster on Tuesday night, although the team will have to be on their A game.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 14:02   #38
Senior Member+

Another point, I thought the crowd announced was disappointing. In this league we should be getting nearer 3,000 home fans at the very least and yet we have sold just over 1000 season tickets. What more does AH have to do to tempt people to come and watch? When the bigger teams come ie Slumberland and Chef Wednesday, their going to have more support than Stanley at this rate!!! Personally, I would cut the away support for the bigger clubs and allow locals to come and see the action. Basically, i don't want to give up my seat in the Studio stand.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2021, 14:18   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Another point, I thought the crowd announced was disappointing. In this league we should be getting nearer 3,000 home fans at the very least and yet we have sold just over 1000 season tickets. What more does AH have to do to tempt people to come and watch? When the bigger teams come ie Slumberland and Chef Wednesday, their going to have more support than Stanley at this rate!!! Personally, I would cut the away support for the bigger clubs and allow locals to come and see the action. Basically, i don't want to give up my seat in the Studio stand.
only problem i can envisage with that is the fact not enough would come from here, i think when we went outa the league then accy had no football everyone virtually went to other clubs and took their kids with em, most kids never came back, i am one that did, but theres very few and kids usually follow their dads teams in my view.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-08-2021, 14:18   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
We have tried that before when Eric Whalley was in charge it was free admission against Torquay still didn't fill the place, I said earlier disappointed with season tickets sold, regular pay on the day seems to be stuck at about 700 others come when it's either a lucrative cup tie or their team is playing at a distance away or no game. Also with Covid as mentioned on a few forums I have read a lot of casual supporters may have got out of the habit not just at Stanley.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 08:17   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=Outback Ozzy;1256348]Another point, I thought the crowd announced was disappointing.

honestly i thought we had more fans than that at the game. everyone must have travelled on their own by car to the game seeing the amount of cars parked everywhere around. parking is going to be an absolute nightmare when we get a big gate if saturday is owt to go by. can imagine a lot of older fans will be put off attending because of this. you have a choice. get there two hours befor KO or a long walk that will eventually have to be done in the dark.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 08:27   #42

where are you parking Monkey Hanger?

There was plenty of space off First Avenue on Saturday (Cranbourne Drive, Windsor Drive).
only 5 mins from ground.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 08:44   #43
God Member

The big problems with parking is lack of car park space, Stanley,s are just for pre booked disabled parking next door at the footy ground isn't big. This results it being like the pick the kid up from school get as close as you can so we don't have to walk too far. I live 5 minutes slow walk from the ground and apart from full house games which are rare nobody seems to use our street or the ones around.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2021, 08:54   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Did not like Dion giving his shirt away at the end...........
reason and kid he gave it away to was a damn good un i thought
MikeA and monkey hanger like this.
Old 16-08-2021, 10:00   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
where are you parking Monkey Hanger?

There was plenty of space off First Avenue on Saturday (Cranbourne Drive, Windsor Drive).
only 5 mins from ground.
park at the bottom of livingstone road and make sure some dickhead is unable to block me in. usually bring my dog with me when its cooler and get there really early to give him a good walk. therefore it does not bother me getting to the ground 2 hours early. i can do first ave. in 5 minutes but a lot of oldies cannot. by oldies i mean those around my age but i,m very lucky at the moment in that respect.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..