Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2021, 10:25   #46
God Member

Smile Re: The league return of the fans matchday thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
reason and kid he gave it away to was a damn good un i thought
Agree, now I know why

Burgess went on Saturday and I was just thinking the worst

This will be Dion's last season with us, just not sure how long the season will be????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2021, 08:29   #47
God Member

Re: The league return of the fans matchday thread

[QUOTE=andyd;I said earlier disappointed with season tickets sold, regular pay on the day seems to be stuck at about 700 others come when it's either a lucrative cup tie or their team is playing at a distance away or no game. Also with Covid as mentioned on a few forums I have read a lot of casual supporters may have got out of the habit not just at Stanley.[/QUOTE]

the virus issue does not seem to have affected other clubs by the look of the gates they are getting. as for casual supporters, all clubs have these with them either picking their games or attending when work and money permits. do not think either that stanley have become everyones second team that live in the area. doubt attendances will go up much when the international break is on us unless its a plum type of game thats been pencilled in before the season started.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 08:39   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
only problem i can envisage with that is the fact not enough would come from here, i think when we went outa the league then accy had no football everyone virtually went to other clubs and took their kids with em, most kids never came back, i am one that did, but theres very few and kids usually follow their dads teams in my view.
this has been mentioned loads of times but that does not make it less true. remember having a talk that ended up a row about stanley with a fan from another club. he mentioned the fact of wigan being out of the league about as long as stanley where. he could not get the fact that wigan played non league level at the highest level available to them with always a decent side if not one of the best in non league. stanley did not have this luxury to keep generations of fans happy. there is always a level below or above where stanley are now at where people are prepared to watch football.
cashman likes this.
Old 17-08-2021, 09:59   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
this has been mentioned loads of times but that does not make it less true. remember having a talk that ended up a row about stanley with a fan from another club. he mentioned the fact of wigan being out of the league about as long as stanley where. he could not get the fact that wigan played non league level at the highest level available to them with always a decent side if not one of the best in non league. stanley did not have this luxury to keep generations of fans happy. there is always a level below or above where stanley are now at where people are prepared to watch football.
Look at Blackburn rovers for example pre Jack Walker days they got about 8 to 9 thousand, along comes Jack into the brand new Premiership up go the crowds home fans probably about 22 thousand. I was working with a Rovers fan who had seen both crowd's. they got relegated and I said your gates will drop because some fans just want to watch top level football, he disagreed but I was proved right they dropped to about 12 to 13 thousand. Last Saturday first game back and they were back to 9 thousand plus..My point being as proven by amount of people watching Premiership in pubs is they won't be enticed to Stanley unless we were promoted to the top flight and then we wouldn't have the room.Andy Holt has only tweeted this morning about the difficulty,s of attracting new fans it takes time building up the community spirit and hopefully fan base.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 10:13   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
..My point being as proven by amount of people watching Premiership in pubs is they won't be enticed to Stanley unless we were promoted to the top flight and then we wouldn't have the room.Andy Holt has only tweeted this morning about the difficulty,s of attracting new fans it takes time building up the community spirit and hopefully fan base.
plenty of people also spend hard earned cash in getting football packages to watch at home. once you do that it seems a bit pointless like it or not to spend more money on watching another clubs games live. you need to be dedicated especially if you have to rely upon public transport to get to games. one thing is once the novalty of live football dies down and winter comes around i doubt stanleys gates will dip much further but plenty of others will if their sides are not doing well. feel sorrt for andy holt as i,m afraid he,ll be battering his head against the old stone wall in his attempts to get fans to the wham. stanley are like loads of others as it is what it is.
andyd likes this.
Old 19-08-2021, 18:19   #51
Senior Member+

A Cambridge supporter travelled to the match with COVID!

https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/n...h-august-2021/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 18:29   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

Problem that's going to happen in all walks of society if the person in question knew he had it and still went to Plymouth and Stanley then he has got of lightly with a 10 match home and away ban.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 18:32   #53
God Member

Quote:

What possess people????????????????????????
AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 18:36   #54
God Member

Quote:

Unbelievable!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 18:40   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Unbelievable!!
I wonder if they will also be prosecuted? Is it even a crime?
Old 19-08-2021, 18:42   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I don't know about it being a crime but it probably should be - at the very least it's stupid & irresponsible
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2021, 18:43   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
it should be stupidity is no excuse.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 19-08-2021, 20:12   #58
God Member

[QUOTE=MikeA;1256556]A Cambridge supporter travelled to the match with COVID!

Where in the statement does it say that?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 07:40   #59
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1256567]
Quote:

Where in the statement does it say that?
on the other hand how many fans go to games with the virus but do not know they have it. back in the old days when flu was about how many went to games when they had just got flu. flu killed people as well.
Old 20-08-2021, 18:53   #60
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
on the other hand how many fans go to games with the virus but do not know they have it. back in the old days when flu was about how many went to games when they had just got flu. flu killed people as well.

Start digging that shellscrape, fasten up your tin lid & tighten that body armour up, incoming will be ariving on target in .......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..