Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2021, 16:07   #1

Revived Red

With deep sadness I'd like to let you know that my father in law, Bernard, also known to many of you here as Revived Red, passed away totally unexpected at 03.30 this morning. I'm sure many of you will have met him, especially at various away games etc. He loved Stanley and was a season ticket holder for many seasons, passing the Stanley bug on to me and my husband and kids.
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2021, 16:20   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Revived Red

so sorry to hear that R.I.P. Revived Red.
Old 20-08-2021, 16:40   #3
God Member

Very sad news indeed..... Bernard was a true Gent and 'Stanley' through and through.....

Kayleigh, please accept my deepest condolences and pass them onto Dominic and the kids...........

He will be missed dearly...........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 16:41   #4
God Member

I’m saddened and stunned to hear such dreadful news. I was only in contact with Bernard the other week and looking forward to when we could next catch up at a Stanley game.
Truly sad news and condolences to you and the rest of his family.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 17:07   #5
God Member

R.I.P. Revived Red condolences to family and friends.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 17:24   #6
God Member

Oh my goodness, that must have been an awful shock for you all. So sorry for your loss, only met Bernard briefly a couple of times but he was a true gentleman. Sincere condolences to all your family xx
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 17:34   #7
Senior Member+

Oh this is really sad news to hear of the passing of Revived Red. Condolences to his family and closer friends……...
A proper member of the ‘Stanley Family’.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 17:55   #8
Senior Member+

We met online, never in the flesh, but we got on well, and I liked him immensely. I am so sad to hear of his passing, and will miss his occasional pms which usually centred round my mangling of Latin in pursuit of a smile. My condolences on your sad loss. Bernard was one of the family, who will be remembered.

Jeff
cashman likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 18:06   #9
Senior Member+

This is very sad news. And I can only apologise for having jokingly described RR as "missing in action" when I wrote up my Prediction League report for the Doncaster game this morning. RIP Bernard.
Old 20-08-2021, 18:16   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

My thoughts go out to you & your family at this sad time, I never met RR (Bernard) but we exchanged pms due to the fact he had another passion besides Stanley & that was Ships & shipping. My awareness of this fact came about by chance when through a random chat we realised he knew my Father, another avid "Ship spotterist".
Old 20-08-2021, 18:19   #11
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

😔sorry for your loss 😔my condolences to Bernard s family and friends.. R.I.P Bernard..
Old 20-08-2021, 19:26   #12

I was just thinking on Saturday when I was down that I hadn't seen him for a while. I only knew him to say hello to but he always spoke when I met him
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 19:53   #13

Sorry to hear of your loss, RIP Revived Red
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2021, 20:52   #14
Senior Member+

So sorry for your loss. RIP Revived Red

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2021, 03:24   #15
God Member

My deepest sympathies to all of Bernards family and friends. Gone but not forgotten.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..