Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2021, 17:53   #31

Re: Harry Pell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Some luxury! He's our leading goalscorer.
One of the few players who always puts a shift in, whatever the final score.
He's our leading goalscorer because without Dion, Joe and Matt we are currently a "basket case of the form tables" and will be relegated if we don't improve.

Its my opinion ....... " so Yah boo sucks!!!"
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2021, 20:18   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
He's our leading goalscorer because without Dion, Joe and Matt we are currently a "basket case of the form tables" and will be relegated if we don't improve.
Its my opinion ....... " so Yah boo sucks!!!"
Fair enough my friend you're entitled to your opinion, but you implied he's a luxury we could do without.
Let's compare his performance directly with those you name. The table is based purely on goals per appearance etc.
______________Goals__Assists___Played__Goals per 90___Mins per goal
1. Harry Pell...........5...........3...........19......... ...0.31................286
2.Matt Butcher........4...........1...........16......... ...0.26................344
3.J Mumbongo........2...........0...........11........ ....0.42................216
4. Dion Charles.......1...........0............8.......... ...0.14................647

So the facts are that not only has Harry scored 5 goals, he's assisted in 3 more, a total of 8.
His goals per 90 minutes played is better than Butcher's & double that of Charles (pro-rata)
Still think he's a luxury?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 20:53   #33

Quote:
Fair enough my friend you're entitled to your opinion, but you implied he's a luxury we could do without.
Let's compare his performance directly with those you name. The table is based purely on goals per appearance etc.
______________Goals__Assists___Played__Goals per 90___Mins per goal
1. Harry Pell...........5...........3...........19......... ...0.31................286
2.Matt Butcher........4...........1...........16......... ...0.26................344
3.J Mumbongo........2...........0...........11........ ....0.42................216
4. Dion Charles.......1...........0............8.......... ...0.14................647

So the facts are that not only has Harry scored 5 goals, he's assisted in 3 more, a total of 8.
His goals per 90 minutes played is better than Butcher's & double that of Charles (pro-rata)
Still think he's a luxury?
In a word Yes.

Just my opinion.
Old 25-11-2021, 10:26   #34
God Member

everyone has different opinions on every player and its hard to say who is right or wrong. not just fans but managers, coaches and players themselves. for me harry pell is the last person i could call a luxury player but has his faults. if he hadn,t he would not be at stanley anyway.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 11:26   #35

Well here's something for anyone who thinks Harry Pell is a luxury we could do without.
If you analyse the games he has scored in & omit his goals, the results would have been very different.
In fact we'd be 8 points worse off than we are now.
Yes, we'd be sitting 3rd from bottom with 13 points.
A luxury? I'd say he's been one of the best signings this season.
cashman, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-11-2021, 11:42   #36
God Member

Smile Re: Harry Pell.

Your Lordship, are you, a) Harry Pell, b) his dad, or c) his agent

Before anybody kicks off, I am just larking around

For what it is worth, I think Pell is a great signing for us - I am sure I have posted this more than once - and is nothing like Boco

But, something is not right, hence my earlier questions

Need Colby back - playing with either Joel, or Nigel upfront - as a 2, not deeper, false, or whatever nonsense is spoken about these days

Harry back in midfield, running rampage and Lewis using all the skills and ability he has to create danger - just my thoughts and opinions

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 12:41   #37
Full Member+

Don't think Harry has been at his best for the last two games but, who's to say he isn't carrying a knock/injury. I think he is a good signing at our level and someone who will always give us 110%
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 17:19   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Your Lordship, are you, a) Harry Pell, b) his dad, or c) his agent
In answer to your question my friend, a) If only! b) It's just a rumour. c) I wish!
Joking aside, just trying to defend a player who I feel is an asset to the team from some frankly ludicrous criticism.
Fully agree he's not been at his best recently but then, name me anyone else in the team who has?
I would like to offer a reason for this. Earlier this season, when he was scoring for fun, he was playing alongside Butcher & Pritchard.
Since the demise of 2 of our 3 midfield dynamos, he's fighting battles without support whilst also being asked to lead the line.
It's a bit like a car trying to run with 2 missing sparkplugs.
I'm certain that when Butcher & Pritchard return, our midfield will return to firing on all cylinders.
Then we'll really start motoring up the league.
MikeA and cashman like this.
Old 25-11-2021, 20:44   #39

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1260091]In answer to your question my friend, a) If only! b) It's just a rumour. c) I wish!
Joking aside, just trying to defend a player who I feel is an asset to the team from some frankly ludicrous criticism.

For your information pal........the thread asked for opinions on Harry Pell and I have quite rightly given mine. Don't you dare call me or my opinions ludicrous. By making things personal you demean your own opinion and arguments.

Respect others opinions....especially if you want them to respect yours.
Old 25-11-2021, 22:54   #40

Quote:
My view has always been that I'm not a big fan. I think he is good when things are going well and poor when they are not. He is not one you can rely on when the going gets tough. He is a luxury to have in the side in the same way that O'Sullivan is a luxury.
Above is your original opinion on Harry Pell.
If, 'I think he is good when things are going well and poor when they are not', is not ludicrous I don't now what is?
By definition, everyone is good when things go well & conversely, poor when they don't.
All I have attempted to do is counter your claim that Harry Pell 'Is a luxury'.
It's you who has decided to take it personally, but if you feel that calling another opinion 'ludicrous' is an insult then I apologise, for there was none intended.
For every opinion on this forum there is an opposite one & some of the responses posted can verge on slander at times & far worse than simply calling another post ludicrous.
Old 26-11-2021, 09:05   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1260097]Above is your original opinion on Harry Pell.
If, 'I think he is good when things are going well and poor when they are not', is not ludicrous I don't now what is?
By definition, everyone is good when things go well & conversely, poor when they don't.

you can say the same about a lot of stanley players and those at other clubs as well. there never seems to be any half measures with stanley this season. its very good or very poor. quicker we get a few of the former the better it will be.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2021, 09:35   #42

Quote:
Above is your original opinion on Harry Pell.
All I have attempted to do is counter your claim that Harry Pell 'Is a luxury'.
It's you who has decided to take it personally, but if you feel that calling another opinion 'ludicrous' is an insult then I apologise, for there was none intended.
For every opinion on this forum there is an opposite one & some of the responses posted can verge on slander at times & far worse than simply calling another post ludicrous.
You just can't stop attacking me and my opinions can you. I have decided to withdraw from posting on this forum.
Old 26-11-2021, 09:45   #43
God Member

Gents, all please

I posted up with all good intentions and never wanted - nor expected this (I feel guilty that I did now!!)

We are all Stanley fans together

I will ask Mark to close this thread!!

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2021, 11:13   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
You just can't stop attacking me and my opinions can you. I have decided to withdraw from posting on this forum.
hes not attacking you at all sorry if you cannot see that,
Old 26-11-2021, 11:40   #45
Senior Member+

Oh, memories - it's like being back in the playground at junior school
cashman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..