Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2021, 16:25   #31

Re: Wigan Athletic home match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
hes not injured and i hope he never plays for us again.
I’ve just seen that Coleman has said he’s not injured and that he must commit to train and play. I hate players like that, if you want to leave fine but until you sign a contract for a new team then give 100% to your current club.
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2021, 16:26   #32
God Member

Quote:
hes not injured and i hope he never plays for us again.
Probably won't if the rumour mill is right.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 16:41   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought we were better second half the 2 subs i thought helped, also thought sean had a stinker and would have swapped him at half time also.
Old 18-09-2021, 16:45   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nottinham for me was superb hope he got MOM.
The Red Darreners likes this.
Old 18-09-2021, 16:51   #35
God Member

Quote:
thought we were better second half the 2 subs i thought helped, also thought sean had a stinker and would have swapped him at half time also.
Totally inadequate at wing back better when he moved inside, hope Coley learned something today from a football lesson dealt out.
Old 18-09-2021, 17:38   #36
God Member

Well done John magnanimous in defeat today a interview where he was spot on we were well beaten, apparently a Scottish club came in at the death with a paltry offer for Dion and if he,s thrown his toys out the pram don't play him John,s right he has been bang average this season might bring some sense of reality back and get him performing.
cashman and The Red Darreners like this.
Old 18-09-2021, 18:07   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKayz View Post
There’s something interesting going on outside the stadium apparently
The trouble makers were in cuffs in front of the Crown, one had hit Steward clean in the face in the Clayton End the police man was saying on the radio.

It was going on for 15 minutes behind the goal in the middle of the 2nd half.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 18:41   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The trouble makers were in cuffs in front of the Crown, one had hit Steward clean in the face in the Clayton End the police man was saying on the radio.

It was going on for 15 minutes behind the goal in the middle of the 2nd half.
Were they so called Wigan fans or trouble makers from Accrington area because today what I witnessed was very well behaved Wigan fans and after the game I walked up Whalley road in the company of a young chap hurrying for the train very polite and obviously pleased with his side's win but also was interested in my long interest in Stanley then like they do he ran to catch up with his mates leaving a codger like me behind thinking what a polite young gentleman.
Old 18-09-2021, 18:45   #39
God Member

Mention for the tannoy,s and music today I introduced myself to Josh before the game and I have voiced some constructive criticism of volume and music choice on here but credit to Josh and I let him know the volume was spot on and the music selection wasn't bad although we both agreed you can't please everyone all of the time, well done Josh pleased to have finally met you and hope you continue with the great work in your capacity as stadium announcer.

Last edited by andyd; 18-09-2021 at 18:47.
Old 18-09-2021, 19:26   #40
God Member

Leam gave Coley a real lesson today. Wigan were the best side I’ve seen thus far and could have had more. Stronger, fitter, quicker, more eager, and well drilled. Always looking and able to make runs into the space behind Stanley’s defence.
Other than the brief period after Stanley got one back, in comparison to Wigan Stanley appeared slow and very predictable.
Notts and Morgan were the only two in red who stood out for me today.
However bad he was, can’t blame the ref for this one.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 19:30   #41
Senior Member+

I think that today we saw in the shape of Wigan Athletic one of the two teams who will gain automatic promotion to the Championship at the end of the season !.
I also agree with JC's after-match comments that the Reds were inferior to them on the day .. he did cite the 'moneybags' element dictating this, which is probably not too far from the truth !.
Michael Nottingham was truly outstanding once again.. the Captain, as Cashy has indicated most certainly wasn't!. The midfield were unable to produce any threat due to the constant need to defend.. Our strikers didn't strike again !.
But we won't meet a team as good as our opponents every week that's for sure.. which should be of some little consolation to us all !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !..
cashman and The Red Darreners like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 19:32   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Leam gave Coley a real lesson today. Wigan were the best side I’ve seen thus far and could have had more. Stronger, fitter, quicker, more eager, and well drilled. Always looking and able to make runs into the space behind Stanley’s defence.
Other than the brief period after Stanley got one back, in comparison to Wigan Stanley appeared slow and very predictable.
Notts and Morgan were the only two in red who stood out for me today.
However bad he was, can’t blame the ref for this one.
I agree exile about Morgan and Nottingham but apart from one misplaced pass thought Amankwah from City played well kept the unstoppable Lang in the first half quiet and looks comfortable on the ball hope he gets a run in the side because both him and Clark look comfortable in the wing back role play McConville were he,s most effective behind the front two.
The Red Darreners likes this.
Old 18-09-2021, 19:46   #43

Anyone with pretensions that our current squad are promotion candidates should have been at the Wham today.
Stanley's shortcomings were cruelly exposed by a Wigan team that are undoubtedly heading for higher things.
Wigan were simply superb. Better organised, quicker & more skilful, they could have easily been 4-0 up by half time.
After the riot-act was read at half time, Stanley upped their work rate and clawed one back on 53 minutes, thanks to Michael Nottingham - It says everything about our toothless strikers when our leading goalscorer is a full-back!
The 'Sheriff's' piledriver apart, we huffed & puffed to little effect & within 5 minutes Wigan had scored again.
Just to rub salt in the wound, they delivered the coup-de-grace to put us out of our misery in the dying seconds of extra-time.
Some will moan about missing players or the wrong formation. The truth is that, with very few exceptions, we were poor all over the field.
We were outplayed, out-thought & had no answer to Wigan's dominant game-plan.
On todays performance, mid-table obscurity looks ambitious.
cashman, yonmon and Watchdog like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 20:11   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Were they so called Wigan fans or trouble makers from Accrington area because today what I witnessed was very well behaved Wigan fans and after the game I walked up Whalley road in the company of a young chap hurrying for the train very polite and obviously pleased with his side's win but also was interested in my long interest in Stanley then like they do he ran to catch up with his mates leaving a codger like me behind thinking what a polite young gentleman.
They were in the middle of the clayton end, someone closer will have a better idea of what went on.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 21:11   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Anyone with pretensions that our current squad are promotion candidates should have been at the Wham today.
Stanley's shortcomings were cruelly exposed by a Wigan team that are undoubtedly heading for higher things.
Wigan were simply superb. Better organised, quicker & more skilful, they could have easily been 4-0 up by half time.
After the riot-act was read at half time, Stanley upped their work rate and clawed one back on 53 minutes, thanks to Michael Nottingham - It says everything about our toothless strikers when our leading goalscorer is a full-back!
The 'Sheriff's' piledriver apart, we huffed & puffed to little effect & within 5 minutes Wigan had scored again.
Just to rub salt in the wound, they delivered the coup-de-grace to put us out of our misery in the dying seconds of extra-time.
Some will moan about missing players or the wrong formation. The truth is that, with very few exceptions, we were poor all over the field.
We were outplayed, out-thought & had no answer to Wigan's dominant game-plan.
On todays performance, mid-table obscurity looks ambitious.
I agree with you that we were outplayed today but we aren't that bad a side as you portray Wigan are again throwing money at it and although it doesn't guarantee success I think they have in Leam Richardson possibly one of the brightest young managers in the football league,I certainly think Paul Cook is missing him as assistant to him at Ipswich apparently he really wanted him alongside him again. They were possibly so early in a season one of the best standout fluent teams and also a joy to watch I have seen in years watching the lads. Stanley were well beat the fourth goal a bit harsh at the death, we will hopefully learn from that and personally still think especially if we start scoring be a top 10 team, starting with 3 points next Saturday at Morecambe.
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by andyd; 18-09-2021 at 21:16.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..