Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2021, 14:51   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Morecambe away match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Takes one to know one.
I enjoyed the game, but all you can do is moan.
Personally, I’d rather stand amongst 500 Stanley fans than 4000 if they’re all like you.
agree on the whole Morecambe Fans are ok, but theres always dickheads.Christies Child is one.
Old 26-09-2021, 15:07   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Could you only muster 500 fans for a local derby. Pathetic!

The red card has been discussed on Quest TV and they all agree that it was no way a red.

It's not the number of shots that a team has who win the game. It's the number of goals and we deserved that draw as you struggled against our 10 men.

Listened to JC on Radio Lancashire post match. What a miserable manager...!!!!!
Well I didn't go I was at the more enjoyable Mod afternoon at Clitheroe listening to great music with my other half and friends, over the years my better half as put up with my love of Stanley but I was,not there so won't comment on the game just saying this time spending a day with my wife was far more pleasant than visiting your soulless ****hole of a stadium✌️
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 15:49   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well it was not soulless yesterday andy, the stanley fans woke them up.
Bob Dobson and andyd like this.
Old 26-09-2021, 17:01   #34
God Member

Quote:

The red card has been discussed on Quest TV and they all agree that it was no way a red.

It's not the number of shots that a team has who win the game. It's the number of goals and we deserved that draw as you struggled against our 10 men.

Might have only mustered 500 odd but they'd be louder than the glory hunters who've come out of the woodwork since you gained promotion.
I was actually happy for your club when you managed to climb up & join us in league 1 but I had forgotten it would probably result in these sort of moaning posts from your goodself on our message board.
Even Coley said it wasn't a red card but you chose to ignore that & just slag him off
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 17:16   #35

Don't take it to heart fellas only wee bit of jesting on my part....

Actually i can't argue with the stats but credit to my lot for not throwing the towel in but fighting back with a never say die attitude.

Peace...!!!!!!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 17:57   #36

Quote:
Methinks there may be some creative accounting going on at the Mazuma????
I was frankly amazed when they announced the attendance at only 4142!
As for Stanley fans, 573 looks suspiciously low judging by the number in the away end + many in the seated stand.
In case your confused, it was the actually the ref who sent your player off for a 2-footed lunge - not the Stanley players!
Even John Coleman admitted he didn't feel it warranted a red card.
Don't know which interview you refer to? In the post-match interview I watched, JC was nothing but complimentary about Morecambe's 10-man performance & Cole Stockton's prowess.
Perhaps you expected him to be overjoyed after seeing a perfectly good goal scored by Bishop ruled out?
Or maybe a good belly-laugh at the goal we gifted you on a silver plate in the 81st minute?
Cut the sour grapes & be grateful for the point you scraped against a team that made you look like candidates for relegation.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 17:59   #37
God Member

Yes, Morecambe are to be applauded for their attitude and in Stockton they have a real centre forward. Don’t know how long they can keep him, but I’ve been wracking my brain all day trying to remember when I last saw Stanley score as sublimely simple goal, from a fantastic through pass, as Morecambe’s first.

Currently reading a biog of Bob Paisley and the ‘pass and move’ mantra instilled in his Liverpool teams. Am afraid yesterday, despite all the possession, there was too much ‘pass and stand still’ from Stanley.
But great to see Conneely back, just hope it was just cramp.
All we need now is a fully-fit Pritchard to get back.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 18:51   #38
God Member

I didn't go yesterday but having watched the highlights time and time again when you play with a back 3 your wing backs push forward when attacking, looking at their first goal our back 3 are far too deep in my opinion they should be nearer the holding midfielder when Conneelly heads it to their player he looks up sees the giant gap and lovely through ball to a striker in a rich scoring frame has a simple task of losing the entire back 3 who should have had one up his backside shoving him towards the half way line, as for the 3rd least said the better 2 points thrown away training ground work needed on the defence but great start to the season 7th and a happy hunting ground Tuesday night.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2021, 21:06   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree on the whole Morecambe Fans are ok, but theres always dickheads.Christies Child is one.
Hello again Accy. Don't worry about Christies Child, aka Redrobo (on Shrimps Voices). He gets far more stick from our own fans thereon than you could ever give him on here.

It's great that we are now both in League One! Who'd have thought it when we were both treading water in non-league?

Ref spoiled it somewhat with a daft sending off, prior to that it was thrill a minute all out attacking football. However I was chuffed to bits when you handed Cole (the goal) Stockton a sniff at the end. Didn't see it coming and I can only imagine what Coley had to say in your dressing room after that.

Talking of Coley you do know don't you that at some point he will be coming back to his spiritual home. This time as manager. Legend as a player for us being the all time top scorer with over 200 goals. Still a hero despite the stick he now sometimes gets from us.
Bob Dobson likes this.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2021, 07:51   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
Hello again Accy. Don't worry about Christies Child, aka Redrobo (on Shrimps Voices). He gets far more stick from our own fans thereon than you could ever give him on here.

It's great that we are now both in League One! Who'd have thought it when we were both treading water in non-league?

Ref spoiled it somewhat with a daft sending off, prior to that it was thrill a minute all out attacking football. However I was chuffed to bits when you handed Cole (the goal) Stockton a sniff at the end. Didn't see it coming and I can only imagine what Coley had to say in your dressing room after that.

Talking of Coley you do know don't you that at some point he will be coming back to his spiritual home. This time as manager. Legend as a player for us being the all time top scorer with over 200 goals. Still a hero despite the stick he now sometimes gets from us.
agree the ref was useless we could not weigh up why yer man was sent off, doubt if coleman will return to yeh unless he gets the boot here somehow cant see that occuring.also think its great the 2 clubs are in league 1 never thought id ever see us in that division,
Bob Dobson likes this.
Old 28-09-2021, 08:47   #41
God Member

[QUOTE=Christies Child;1257997]Could you only muster 500 fans for a local derby. Pathetic!

not pathetic but 571 is more or less a quarter of the regular home number of fans. how many other teams bring that percentage of home fans to away games. even without the fuel problems that will have put a few off. be interesting how many you bring to the wham by the same percentage especially if you go into freefall and your new fans lose interest.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..