Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2021, 19:17   #1
God Member

Exclamation Dion

A Hibs. supporter - friend of mine - sent me a link saying that Hibs. would be back in for Dion in January, as they had had a £200k - laughable I know - bid knocked back for him!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2021, 20:41   #2
God Member

Re: Dion

If he doesn’t wise up between now and then that bid might be just right for someone who hasn’t kicked a ball for three months.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 08:52   #3
God Member

about time he looks in the mirror and realises which club rescued his career and get back putting a shift in to thank them. without stanley he could still be plying his trade with someone like chorley or fylde. we gave him the chance. all these others didn,t.
cashman and Watchdog like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 09:07   #4
God Member

Agreed, but my post is about the pathetic amount offered for Dion and not his attitude - which is equally so!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 10:53   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Agreed, but my post is about the pathetic amount offered for Dion and not his attitude - which is equally so!

So they Hibs. Tried it on Dion obviously wanted to go and leave the club with peanut,s while he would have got 10% of the fee hope if he doesn't see sence he goes for nought at least then he won't pocket nought.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 11:58   #6
God Member

Apparently he's been called up to the latest Northern Ireland squad despite not currently playing for his club - seems a little strange
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 12:05   #7
Senior Member+

Tricky one this !!
Dion has proven he can perform at this level and has less than 9/10 months left on his contract.
Would imagine his agent has told him he could treble his wages if he went on a free so I assume Acci haven't offered him similar terms.
This is compounded by the fact hes an international and is probably aware of what others are on.
All forwards are stubborn buggers!!,so i think compromise is the only way forward.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 12:58   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
So they Hibs. Tried it on Dion obviously wanted to go and leave the club with peanut,s while he would have got 10% of the fee hope if he doesn't see sence he goes for nought at least then he won't pocket nought.
Why would he have got 10% of the transfer fee?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 14:12   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Why would he have got 10% of the transfer fee?
Precisely. Where you getting this from Andy ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 14:18   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Tricky one this !!
Dion has proven he can perform at this level and has less than 9/10 months left on his contract.
Would imagine his agent has told him he could treble his wages if he went on a free so I assume Acci haven't offered him similar terms.
This is compounded by the fact hes an international and is probably aware of what others are on.
All forwards are stubborn buggers!!,so i think compromise is the only way forward.
I take it the club doesn't have an option ?
That being the case he's free to speak to other clubs from January onwards.
From the clubs perspective anything is better than nothing.
Old 28-09-2021, 15:20   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Precisely. Where you getting this from Andy ?
Dreamt it
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 16:44   #12

The problem must be between Manager and Player, and the manager can't give way or other players would start trying it on. Come on Dion, show the fan's you care about the Club. Play for us like we know you can and we'll love you forever! And when you leave we'll still remember you as one of our own....😁
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2021, 16:56   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
The problem must be between Manager and Player, and the manager can't give way or other players would start trying it on. Come on Dion, show the fan's you care about the Club. Play for us like we know you can and we'll love you forever! And when you leave we'll still remember you as one of our own....😁
Whilst the same scenario totally different mind set.
Jordan Clark never downed tools gave his all right to the end.
Very disappointed with Dion.
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-09-2021, 17:03   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

THE MAN IS A DISGRACE, sooner we get shut the better,
andyd likes this.
Old 28-09-2021, 17:20   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Whilst the same scenario totally different mind set.
Jordan Clark never downed tools gave his all right to the end.
Very disappointed with Dion.
And we will always respect Clicker for that.
Same with Colby Bishop - he had interest from the Posh but has got on with the job.
As for Charles’ international call up, good luck to him, hope the bench is heated, but that may say as much about NI’s options as his ability.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..