Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2021, 18:33   #16
God Member

Re: Ipswich home match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think ipswich passed the ball much better than us first half everyone around us thought we were poor first half.
That's all they did Ipswich pass it around no threat at all we gifted them a goal and from half time played them off the park could have had a couple more one of our better performance,s this season and I think the pairing of Morgan and Conneelly in front of the defence worked a treat. Just a pity we have had our game next Saturday called off but could allow injured players that bit more time to be in contention.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2021, 18:50   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree no-one looked like scoring first half apart from our gift but they moved the ball much better than us, we gave it away too often, was rubbish the balls we gave them.
Old 02-10-2021, 19:15   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree no-one looked like scoring first half apart from our gift but they moved the ball much better than us, we gave it away too often, was rubbish the balls we gave them.
Your good friend (?) Paul looked decidedly unhappy as he left the pitch...
Maybe he could see his future at Ipswich slipping down the drain ?..
Not the best of Managers as I know you will agree old pal !
Take care !...
cashman and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 19:32   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Your good friend (?) Paul looked decidedly unhappy as he left the pitch...
Maybe he could see his future at Ipswich slipping down the drain ?..
Not the best of Managers as I know you will agree old pal !
Take care !...
He's nothing but a poor man's Leam Richardson & he's now getting found out, mwah, ha ha ha

Both teams offered very little in the first half but in the second, wow - we were all over them & it was a much improved spectacle. Even quietened the Ipswich journalist behind me who had done nothing but ridicule us in the first half whilst bragging that they " had the quality to beat us comfortably", I wished him a safe journey home after asking the question "who had the quality"

Last edited by AccyMad; 02-10-2021 at 19:38.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 20:42   #20
Senior Member+

Agree with earlier posters that the first half was a bit duff and that we gifted Ipswich a goal.
The second half was totally different in that we really took the game to Ipswich with much better pressing play and aggression. Harry Pell was just superb and fully deserved his MOTM award. He finished up in the last twenty five minutes as a second striker just behind Colby which resulted in his superb finish for the winning goal! Other plusses for us were the performances of Amankwah and Morgan who both contributed so much to our improved performance. Another highlight for me was the work rate of Hamilton who covered so much ground defensively and offensively. He really does have a great left foot.
Once again Colby got nothing from the referee after another ninety minutes of man handling!

Ex Stanley boys Burgess and Donacien had good games but it was the ‘Stanley Spirit’ that won the three points today, personified by the performance of Harry Pell.
HARRY PELL…..HARRY PELL….HARRY,HARRY PELL!
ON STANLEY ON
Outback Ozzy likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:57   #21

It's strange how 45 minutes can change your view on things. At half time I was thinking it was probably a good thing the Fleetwood game had been called off, giving us a chance to get Rodgers and Pritchard fit. By the end I was wanting to play them now we've recaptured some form.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:58   #22
God Member

We are a team full of big lads and with Pell showing the way we pushed, harried and bullied
lpswich,s more skilful players off the park especially second half. If we can use these strengths continuasly and defend from the front we will give it a good go I still think we are a top half team and maybe that's our level at present wether a couple of additional players coming in the January window will help who knows but days like yesterday will be very enjoyable.
cashman likes this.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:17   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yesterday was Jeckel @Hyde but i think we will be fine and certainly finish in top half.we have many young lads and a few old uns, the young uns to me need a bit more experience and we will be fine i reckon K.T.F.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:43   #24

Smile Re: Ipswich home match thread.

While like many on here I was suprised and pleased with our improved performance in the second-half on Saturday, I can't help thinking I would have been happier if we had completed the turn-around in the scond-half and had used one of the rookie strikers from the bench in the second half. Surley in the future we will need more than 1 recognised striker with experience. I say this because it does look like both Charles and Colby will be off to pastures new in January or at the latest next summer.

I know the points and a win are most welcome but just thinking of the future. Perhaps Coley has a plan to deal with future.....when we get there....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:17   #25
God Member

Have to agree with Cook listening to his post match interview we were the better team from the first minute to the last won every second ball more desire to win and thoroughly deserved the victory.
Old 03-10-2021, 10:22   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to me the snake was trying to cover his back.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:24   #27
Senior Member+

thought we never looked like scoring in the first half, Michael Nottingham had a brilliant game but the one error he did make contributed them scoring their goal, we miss the great performances from Dion I would love to see him get over his dissapointment and step up and be the player we used to know, his transfer time will come, better to be playing until that day comes return to the pitch now Dion, don't make the issue corrupt your future
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:58   #28
Full Member+

Amankwah did look like he will probably be a regular as the season progresses and then move onto bigger things. He has all the attributes for a good defender and is likely to improve every game.
Outback Ozzy, cashman and pifco like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 13:07   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Amankwah did look like he will probably be a regular as the season progresses and then move onto bigger things. He has all the attributes for a good defender and is likely to improve every game.
agree watched him closely in the 45 mins he had at Clitheroe i think it was and thought he looked very decent.
Old 03-10-2021, 15:52   #30
Senior Member+

Just watched the post match interviews with Coley and Harry. Coley was really pleased that he got the tactics and team selection right. Harry was simply ‘buzzing’ in the euphoria of a great win and in the joy of his own performance and that of the whole team.
We can take some real positives from this match and go forward with a good feeling about matches coming up in the near future.
It will be really good when we get Pritchard and Rogers back in action too.
ON STANLEY ON.
MikeA likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..