Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2021, 16:53   #16
God Member

Re: Cheltenham v Stanley.

‘Form’ table over last six games is not a pretty sight!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C9A6C8C5-FE51-4140-B542-49A4229C4E68.jpeg (590.7 KB, 16 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2021, 23:34   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
We have one of the best strikers in the League, plus - until recently - another very, very good striker!

Neither of them are scoring as they have previously

I was going to reply to the opening thread, but I bit my tongue.... when I saw the team, the first thing I thought was we had 'shoehorned' players into the side?!?!

I am not the Manager, therefore do not know who is fit, training well Etc., but I do not like the balance of the team, nor the formation....

And - before I am reminded - I know I have not got 4 promotions on my C.V.

Doesn't matter what formation you play or how you " shoehorn " players in too many this season are vastly underperforming, strikers or should I say striker not scoring, midfield no creative players, Captain Connelly's a shadow of the player he was last season and defence all over the place this away form is unfortunately relegation form until players start to perform and we can find a settled starting 11. The biggest problem to me is the playing of a lone striker wether or not the Charles thing ever gets sorted we are definitely short in that department as Coley seems reluctant to start, Malcolm, Mansell or Mumbongo and Hardy yet to Don his boots.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 07:55   #18
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;

I am not the Manager, therefore do not know who is fit, training well Etc., but I do not like the balance of the team, nor the formation....

And - before I am reminded - I know I have not got 4 promotions on my C.V.

but you do posess a brain and a couple of eyes that compansate for it very well.
Watchdog likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 08:14   #19
God Member

Exclamation Re: Cheltenham v Stanley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Doesn't matter what formation you play or how you " shoehorn " players in too many this season are vastly underperforming, strikers or should I say striker not scoring, midfield no creative players, Captain Connelly's a shadow of the player he was last season and defence all over the place this away form is unfortunately relegation form until players start to perform and we can find a settled starting 11. The biggest problem to me is the playing of a lone striker wether or not the Charles thing ever gets sorted we are definitely short in that department as Coley seems reluctant to start, Malcolm, Mansell or Mumbongo and Hardy yet to Don his boots.
Joe and Joel are not fit at the moment Andy, but agree about your basic thought process

The issue is with Dion, as he and Colby are the two Coley would like to play..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 09:08   #20
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1258505]Joe and Joel are not fit at the moment Andy, but agree about your basic thought process

The issue is with Dion, as he and Colby are the two Coley would like to play..

I know about the pair being injured but my point is would he play them if they were, the clue is in the last part of his post match interview when asked would there be changes he answered there certainly won't be any knee jerk decision,s, I take that as a no.
cashman likes this.
Old 17-10-2021, 10:26   #21
God Member

I fear you may be right, andyd, in that the issue may be related to Charles.
I’m not suggesting his absence on the pitch is the problem but the above ‘form’ table is the result since his last game (Sunderland, which was also lost).
I just wonder if it has divided opinions amongst some of the players? Sincerely hope not.
Btw, had to smile when I read on the Beeb web site before the NI game that Charles “was struggling to get games”.
Clearly, damaged pride can be more debilitating than many physical injuries.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 10:39   #22
God Member

In yesterday's papers it suggests Raheem Stirling said he wanted more game time at Man City or would be looking to move, Pep said no players are guaranteed a first team place, Stanley to me this season even though we keep hearing what a great bunch of lads we are all in it together straight away falls down as Charles certainly isn't. Rumors are exactly that but some of what I have heard have even a semblance of truth in them we are far from a happy bunch.
Old 18-10-2021, 19:01   #23
God Member

Question Re: Cheltenham v Stanley.

Just watched/listened to Coley after Cheltenham and he was less than happy and I have to admit I am puzzled at the "no knee jerk" statement, plus "we will have to see in January?"

Yes, Dion is a spanner in the works, so too Seamus, Pritchard, Hardy, Harvey Etc., but we have a sizeable squad and some good players - I think??

Need to get back to winning ways soon!

Old 18-10-2021, 19:23   #24
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Away form is becoming a major worry Charlton poor this season can we turn this run around we won't playing a team of midfielder,s.
Andy what do Charlton have to do with this thread.?
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2021, 19:37   #25
God Member

We play them away tomorrow

andyd likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..