Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2021, 19:47   #31
Senior Member+

Re: The Pompey at our patch thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Probably at the ground KJ, but when she gets home again you'll likely be in for it.
Chatted with Mrs.M at the ground Dave...curiously enough she didn't mention John at all !
( Losing his charm maybe ?? )
DaveinGermany likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2021, 20:12   #32
God Member

Only just had the time to read through this thread, to answer various queries

Dave in Germany - correct, I was indeed at the ground at the time Kiwi was wondering why I hadn't posted

Kiwi - No, I'm not cross with you for starting the thread - after all we didn't lose & someone had to do it
But as for your other request - not in month of Sundays mate
DaveinGermany likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 07:44   #33
God Member

Smile Re: The Pompey at our patch thread.

A point gained, rather than 2 points lost - in my opinion.

Pompey were the better team in the first half, second half we had a 15 minute spell, were we played well, but Pompey were the better team on the whole - I listened to Coley on the way home and he was of a similar opinion.

I still think we are playing people out of position and playing people for the sake of playing them.

Agree with AndyD about Ross, he should have started, if he could come on so soon.

4 points from 2 games against big teams is a good weeks work

andyd likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 08:06   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with joe, playing people out of position and leaving our best defender on the bench is crazy to me. for what its worth thats why i think we aint any higher in the league.
Old 24-10-2021, 08:44   #35

RE:Out of position players
I think recruitment for once has let us down this year
Hamilton,Morgan,Seamus,Butcher and Pell all vying for midfield spots and no-one capable on the wings.

Doesn't help that McConville is looking tired but then he is getting on and cant be expected to be the sole creative spark (every game).

NB: While critical of recruitment this post does not provide justification to infer this is a call to sack JC or drop MConville.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 08:47   #36

Also with all those midfielders playing I'm not sure how were shipping so many goals.
Old 24-10-2021, 09:21   #37
God Member

Smile Re: The Pompey at our patch thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Hamilton,Morgan,Seamus,Butcher and Pell all vying for midfield spots and no-one capable on the wings.

Doesn't help that McConville is looking tired but then he is getting on and cant be expected to be the sole creative spark (every game).

NB: While critical of recruitment this post does not provide justification to infer this is a call to sack JC or drop MConville.
Hamilton is one of - if not the - most creative players we have, he is very assured with the ball and understands the game well

Pell is just an absolute nightmare and must be so hated (in a nice way) by every opposition

Both of these new players start every week for me

The problem comes after that, not my favorite player, but Seamus do so much 'dirty' work and does gel the team together

Sean, also gives more to the team than a lot of people see

Morgan is a very much improved player from last season and would feel aggrieved if he were left out

Add to that, Butcher, Jono at Pritchard, to name just 3 and you have a nice headache

I just wish we had the same headache in defence and attack

All that being said, there are loads of teams who would swap with us in a heartbeat

Old 24-10-2021, 09:41   #38

I bet the happiest people after yesterday's result were on the coach back to Portsmouth.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 10:16   #39
God Member

Another point, why have we stopped playing from the keeper, to Notts/Ross and reverted to lumping the ball to Colby????

Think he only won one header yesterday??

I think mixing it up is better personally

Old 24-10-2021, 10:43   #40
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1258795]Another point, why have we stopped playing from the keeper, to Notts/Ross and reverted to lumping the ball to Colby????

Maybe because, in the first half especially, Pompey were very quick in closing down any Stanley player with the ball and at one point Toby was nearly caught out and luckily got a goal kick after Marquis (I think) blocked his clearance. The defence rarely had the luxury of space and time.

As to Hamilton, I like him and thought his positioning out wide on the right, almost as if he was a winger , allowed him to be one the few players who did get a bit of time and space so he could attack down their flank.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 10:56   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post

Did you say McConville looks tired careful what you say I was hung drawn and quartered for suggesting a player last season was tired and gave a penalty away 😁
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 11:16   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Did you say McConville looks tired careful what you say I was hung drawn and quartered for suggesting a player last season was tired and gave a penalty away 😁
he was very poor yesterday, then put a great cross in for our second goal.
Old 24-10-2021, 11:39   #43
God Member

Mansell and/or Malcolm should have had a run out yesterday, I feel

cashman likes this.

Old 24-10-2021, 13:14   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

aye but it would have only been the last 5 mins.
Old 24-10-2021, 16:29   #45

Valerian, agree all good players. No problem with them individually.
It's the balance between central and wide midfielders that I think is out.
It doesn't help that our other main creative player Pritchard is out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..