Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2021, 07:19   #16
God Member

Re: Plymouth game........

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
That is what makes the game of Football so interesting Joe. If it were not so then it would be just too predictable and become boring! Luck is a big factor in the game and at 2-1 down and during those goal mouth melees, had Stanley managed to convert just one of those chances the result could have been so different!
It is good for supporters to have different opinions in post match forums such as this. When done respectfully and courteously, as has been the case since Saturday, then forums like this work successfully.
KEEP THE FAITH
There lies a lot of the problems we are facing at present Choirboy being clinical Infront of goal, it is not all down to bad luck some was just downright poor finishing. Saturday for example Mansell should have buried his header no one shoving him clear header good contact wrong direction sums a lot up for me.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2021, 09:22   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
There lies a lot of the problems we are facing at present Choirboy being clinical Infront of goal, it is not all down to bad luck some was just downright poor finishing. Saturday for example Mansell should have buried his header no one shoving him clear header good contact wrong direction sums a lot up for me.
The header wasn't his only glaring miss.
He was put through free 1 on 1 with their keeper & managed to fire it well wide of the target.
His blushes were spared thanks to the offside flag.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 09:42   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
The header wasn't his only glaring miss.
He was put through free 1 on 1 with their keeper & managed to fire it well wide of the target.
His blushes were spared thanks to the offside flag.
Exactly my point and I ain't picking on Mansell this has been a problem all season by a host of players missing chances, target and indecision is costing games not bad luck, there is an element of luck and our bad luck is in the casualty department too many injured and threadbare squad to pick from not helped by the disgraceful Charles scenario pay him up and get rid bring someone in January who would give their right arm to play.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-11-2021, 19:33   #19
God Member

I thought Liam Coyle had a great debut and Tommy Leigh had a great game also - full debut I think?

cashman and Watchdog like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 20:42   #20
Senior Member+

Its simple.
We are league one.
These lads are making massive step ups and sadly some are not up to it.
Investment in the team has been poor - too many gambles.
I'm not going to regurgitate previous threads its pointless.
By all means improve the bar and facilities - but don't moan if that's where the cash goes.
Accrington is a unique club.
Not many fans at other clubs would accept that.
Back off before you start.
No I'm not local.
Only been a fan since 2015.
However - no time to moan if Mansell makes a few errors.
Keep your anger for Charles and stop blaming his Agent.
He's a grown man acting like a 10 year old.
Personally I hope he ends up unemployed.
cashman, mab, duckworth and 1 others like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2021, 21:12   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Its simple.
We are league one.
By all means improve the bar and facilities - but don't moan if that's where the cash goes.
No I'm not local.
Investment by John has been poor I presume you mean because if I,m not mistaken the budget was slightly increased correct me if I am wrong, agree to a point but some decent individuals signed we just don't play as a team and personally think certain players are out of position and playing in roles alien to them Pell an example.
Old 15-11-2021, 21:16   #22
God Member

The Charles scenario I agree with you on that one twenty eight he his ruining his own career don't know the ins and outs but by still being at the club just hope he isn't bending any other players ears with whatever. Need rid asap., IMHO and move on from him.
Old 16-11-2021, 08:33   #23

Quote:
Its simple.
We are league one.
No I'm not local.
Surely time for a little perspective here.
Firstly, football is in the entertainment business & those who actually pay to attend are entitled to praise or criticise the performance.
Yes! We are in League 1, a fact which continues to defy all the laws of economics. And we're there for only 2 reasons;
1. We have the best Chairman in the EFL, who's brilliant stewardship has transformed a tin-pot ground into one we now own, with hot running water in the toilets. A club which despite the financial burden of poor gates, is one of only a handful to return a profit.
2. We have a manager prepared to work with extremely limited resources few others would accept. Not for him the luxury of signing expensive prima donna's. Stanley is the last-chance saloon for rejects who love the game & feel they still have something to offer, or young players with something to prove.
For John Coleman, every season is a gamble in a poker game with barely a pair in his hand, cobbling together a squad made up of loanees & free transfers in the hope that his team of journeymen can survive another season competing against the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wigan, Ipswich et al.
Despite all the restraints, the fact that we've survived so long in L1 is something of a football miracle, but it won't stop us from moaning when we miss a sitter, or rejoicing when we thrash Sheffield Wednesday.
Long may it continue.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2021, 08:53   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

theres been 2 different perspectives on this which people are entitled to give,so dont see a problem with it!
Old 16-11-2021, 09:35   #25
God Member

The budget set by our Chairman is we believe one that the club can work with without stretching the club and going in the red, development,s off the pitch have nothing to do with the budget and are funded by whatever clever accounting Andy,s team work out. When all the work is finally completed we will have a stadium and pitch envious of a lot of clubs while remaining solvent if we are still in league 1 it will be great because finally there will be a team and stadium to be proud of.
Old 16-11-2021, 15:40   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Surely time for a little perspective here.
Firstly, football is in the entertainment business & those who actually pay to attend are entitled to praise or criticise the performance.
Yes! We are in League 1, a fact which continues to defy all the laws of economics. And we're there for only 2 reasons;
1. We have the best Chairman in the EFL, who's brilliant stewardship has transformed a tin-pot ground into one we now own, with hot running water in the toilets. A club which despite the financial burden of poor gates, is one of only a handful to return a profit.
2. We have a manager prepared to work with extremely limited resources few others would accept. Not for him the luxury of signing expensive prima donna's. Stanley is the last-chance saloon for rejects who love the game & feel they still have something to offer, or young players with something to prove.
For John Coleman, every season is a gamble in a poker game with barely a pair in his hand, cobbling together a squad made up of loanees & free transfers in the hope that his team of journeymen can survive another season competing against the likes of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Wigan, Ipswich et al.
Despite all the restraints, the fact that we've survived so long in L1 is something of a football miracle, but it won't stop us from moaning when we miss a sitter, or rejoicing when we thrash Sheffield Wednesday.
Long may it continue.
This analysis by Lord S sums up so well how the club runs.
On Reason 1 ‘Good Management’ is a continuum of good practices. Resulting in an improved ground infrastructure and Match Day protocols. Also ensures that the club is moving in the right direction financially.
On Reason 2 As Lord S is trying to explain. Even the best planning, coaching and procurement of good players simply cannot guarantee continued success. Injuries, suspensions, occasional refereeing decisions, pure bad luck and simply better opponents like Plymouth make this impossible.
I think we all agree that Andy Holt has done amazing things at Stanley. IMHO so has John Coleman, Jimmy, John D and the coaching staff too.
Spot on Lord S!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 10:06   #27
God Member

Quote:
Its simple.
We are league one.
No I'm not local.
think you are similar to me as for not being local and found stanley later than others. could be the reason for a different outlook to those who have only ever known their local club. as for charles, the years he had in non league should have shown him there is a good reason to quickly grow up. Could easily end up back there and makes you wonder if that was the reason he ended up with all those seasons down there anyway. its not always about players ability every time.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 15:35   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Its
It shows 😂😂

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 15:36   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord stiffupperlip View Post
surely time for a little perspective here.
Yes! We are in league 1, a fact which continues to defy all the laws of economics. And we're there for only 2 reasons;
1. We have the best chairman in the efl, who's brilliant stewardship has transformed a tin-pot ground into one we now own, with hot running water in the toilets. A club which despite the financial burden of poor gates, is one of only a handful to return a profit.
For john coleman, every season is a gamble in a poker game with barely a pair in his hand, cobbling together a squad made up of loanees & free transfers in the hope that his team of journeymen can survive another season competing against the likes of sunderland, portsmouth, wigan, ipswich et al.
Despite all the restraints, the fact that we've survived so long in l1 is something of a football miracle, but it won't stop us from moaning when we miss a sitter, or rejoicing when we thrash sheffield wednesday.
Long may it continue.
👏👏👏👏

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2021, 18:08   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
It shows ����
And as if by magic to confirm the point monkey hanger here comes Mr post every six months Miller.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..