Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2021, 20:43   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Plymouth game........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
And as if by magic to confirm the point monkey hanger here comes Mr post every six months Miller.
And he has posted more than you, hes a very busy fellow,
Old 29-11-2021, 22:11   #32
God Member

“Oor Wullie” Miller does more for Stanley, in his six monthly ‘absences’ from the Accy web, than any one of us who spends time regularly posting comments.
Leave it out, 28, you’re revealing more than you think.
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 12:23   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
“Oor Wullie” Miller does more for Stanley, in his six monthly ‘absences’ from the Accy web, than any one of us who spends time regularly posting comments.
Agree 100%
choirboy and andyd like this.
Old 30-11-2021, 12:42   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Spot on top lad Willie will like me hopefully will still be around when certain players have moved on oops😁👍
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 13:24   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

true but many know alls know nowt i reckon.
andyd likes this.
Old 01-12-2021, 18:52   #36
Senior Member+

I’ve had a think, 28 is right. Forget ground improvements. Return ASFC to £6k a week matchday turnover and spend anything we can on couple journeyman ex Prem stars

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 20:33   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I’ve had a think, 28 is right. Forget ground improvements. Return ASFC to £6k a week matchday turnover and spend anything we can on couple journeyman ex Prem stars
And when has that ever been said Sir ?
However read what many have said on here.
Do you accept that SOME I stress SOME of the recent signings (including loanees and I don't mean just this season) just aren't good enough ?
Is that caused by a tight budget or poor scouting ?
I've made it clear and will repeat I've been a home and away supporter since 2015 and loved the ride.
That is waaaaay less than many on here.
Now this might appear controversial but let's give it a go.
Where is the balance between facilities and the product on the pitch?
We have been crying out for a left back for three seasons.
It's patently obvious to everyone in the stands but it hasn't happened.
Why ?
Budget restrictions ?
We've allowed Clark Barclay Hughes to leave.
Why?
Budget restrictions ?
If you ask me as a short term fan do I want to see a posh bar rather than signings ?
Not really - but at which point does the balance tilt ?
By all means the old posters will call upon the history and we're grateful for being where we are and to some extent I agree with that.
However do you think the future (the younger fans) are remotely interested in that ?
Maybe - maybe not.
I'm not in this for controversy but to make a sarcastic comment like that Sir is unfounded.
Stand by for all the disgruntled to rally around Willie but just remember post history is easily retrieved.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 21:09   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Spot on top lad Willie will like me hopefully will still be around when certain players have moved on oops😁👍
Careful Andy your post history might bite you on the arse.
So suddenly you're happy ?
Old 01-12-2021, 21:12   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
And he has posted more than you, hes a very busy fellow,
I've stopped posting as much Cashy because as soon as you become controversial you become the black pariah. Even Lord Stiff has copped for it of late.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:06   #40
God Member

Going on about allowing players to leave can be viewed two ways advancing their careers or money over the years many have left upto Andy Holt coming in sometimes nearly entire squad,s, just after Andy came in a novice in his own words to the world of football Windass and IMHO the best midfielder we've had Crooks walking for nothing, Pearson went the list is endless but at least with Jackson, Mccarten and Burgess we got some money and with the excellent Donician agree said it enough left back has been a problem going back to Jacobson, but the club even commentary teams and opposing fans say the place is unrecognisable to just a few years ago. The team this year his struggling and has had injuries but if Coley keeps them up job done and we move on and some promising youngsters coming through and some old guard probably going in the summer. Not bothered about historical posts biting me in the arse it's a forum of opinions about privaliged individual,s kicking a bag of wind about things I worry about are real day to day living not what people think about me on here have a nice day every one ��
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:36   #41
God Member

Quote:
And as if by magic to confirm the point monkey hanger here comes Mr post every six months Miller.
thank goodness the actual match experiance at the wham is far better than the experiances we have all had on here at sometime or another. was made welcome on my first ever visit back in 2009. always feel on here that longer you have supported the club then the more patient others seem to be with each other.
andyd and Watchdog like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:40   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I've stopped posting as much Cashy because as soon as you become controversial you become the black pariah. Even Lord Stiff has copped for it of late.
i have been called controversial quite a few times it dont reduce my posting i couldnt give a stuff, everyone has their own opinion in a forum. imho
football19 and andyd like this.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:47   #43
God Member

Quote:
i have been called controversial quite a few times it dont reduce my posting i couldnt give a stuff, everyone has their own opinion in a forum. imho
Controversial Cashy has quite a ring to it 😁
cashman likes this.
Old 02-12-2021, 13:37   #44
God Member

Quote:
Only controversial Cashy? I think some have been less flattering than that Doesn't matter - you keep on being you, I'd be worried if you weren't
MikeA and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 13:48   #45
Super Moderator

Twenty Eight and all

There's already a few inaccuracies in recent post;

Matty C and Josh W didn't leave for "nothing" We received FIFA training compensation which was a tidy sum. Not as much as we would have liked but we signed them both for nowt.

We also got more money from Josh when he moved back to Wigan via the FIFA system

Clicker, Yosser and Ben all chose not to accept the offers of extending their contract that the club made in writing. Very sure they all left to earn a lot more money.
pifco and andyd like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..