Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2021, 15:15   #16
God Member

Re: Sheffield Wednesday home game.

Great call...are we back in it ??? C'mon Stanley,at least 1 more
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2021, 15:15   #17
God Member

2-3 Mumbongo how has this lad been warming the bench so long highly rated at Burnley play him.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 15:37   #18
God Member

Malcolm on for Mansell.
Old 20-11-2021, 15:43   #19
God Member

Leigh badly hurt limps off O, Sullivan on.
Old 20-11-2021, 15:58   #20
God Member

Man Im ****ed off...I'm thinking there's a useless ,stupid referee involved in it..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 16:39   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Mumbongos first touch lets him down every time virtually. fact.The keeper made a world class save from a Pell free kick i thought, we shoulda had a point i thought. our second half display earned it.

Last edited by cashman; 20-11-2021 at 16:44.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 16:50   #22
God Member

A manager picks a side and once over the white line it's the player's responsibility correct to a point, Coleman keeps citing poor defending and individual errors but surely defending starts from the front and I think Cashy will agree with me on this one opposing managers must rub their hands together when they see one up front it allows you to free up at least one player to go forward 3-0 down it's too late second half with two upfront we win the half come on John change it you have plenty of strikers at your disposal including a kid scoring for fun in the youth start on Tuesday at another tough game at Burton with two upfront we might just keep a clean sheet.
cashman likes this.
Old 20-11-2021, 17:14   #23
Full Member+

First half was a complete shambles but i thought we were the better side in the second half for 35 minutes and with a bit more luck could have shaded a draw.
cashman likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 17:17   #24
God Member

In the scheme of things six of their starting 11 full international,s four or five of ours barely 3 or 4 games at this level stay up this year is main objective for me because the future looks bright.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 20-11-2021, 18:06   #25
God Member

First half was a nightmare but proud of the way we fought back in the second, really felt we were going to get that equaliser & it would've been deserved. Hope young Tommy Leigh's not too badly injured but didn't look too good
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 18:15   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i thought tommy is going to be out a matter of months it looked bad to me,not an excuse but thought the men running the game where very poor.
Old 20-11-2021, 19:20   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Mumbongos first touch lets him down every time virtually. fact.The keeper made a world class save from a Pell free kick i thought, we shoulda had a point i thought. our second half display earned it.
Mumbongo,s first touch will improve with game time Butcher on the commentary mentioned Mumbongo has all the touches, strength and pace and a fierce shot on him in training has played seven premiership games for Burnley nothing to lose a must start for me at Burton Tuesday with the instructions to run and harrass their defenders it's called defending from the front.
Old 20-11-2021, 20:01   #28
God Member

Well, given the first twenty minutes, it could have been a lot worse.
But pity it took Stanley until the second half to exhibit some attacking intent and desire to compete. First half they let an admittedly more experienced, stronger, quicker, and generally superior squad run things how they wanted.
The difference was exemplified by the two opposing centre halves. As soon as Notts got the ball from Trafford and pushed it a yard ahead of him he was closed down, resulting in him having to rush a hopeful long ball.
Their centre half was rarely challenged until he got near the half way line. Exactly the same thing happened last week against Plymouth.

Even when they brought the ball out and we’re looking for attacking options, a Stanley player rarely ever made a run into space ahead. Stanley players seem always to receive the ball facing their own goal, so backward or sideways passes are often the only option.
First half tactics seem to be to (a) stand still and wait for the ball to come to their feet, and if it did, (b) wait to let the opposition defence get organised in front of them.
Perhaps Stanley figured they would be able to pass their way through the opposition, with quick little one/twos, so why bother running behind their defenders into space.
Absolutely fabulous when it comes off, but it seems to be making the ‘simple’ game into a very difficult one for a League 1 team with a depleted squad.

Just glad both Mansell and Mombongo got on the score sheet, but really worried that Leigh’s injury looked serious.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 20:24   #29
God Member

Btw, still can’t figure how their first goal (unlike Trafford) was allowed to stand.
Or did the ref and linesman think Trafford laid down for a rest?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 23:32   #30

Dear Mr Coleman,
I'm no expert on the technicalities of football coaching but I do know, to quote Albert Einstein, that -
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
That if you're prepared to play with only one forward up-front at home, you've already lost credibility as an attacking force.
That if you retreat into your own half as soon as opponents win back the ball, you allow them to attack in force.
That if you fail to press opponents at every opportunity, they will eventually overcome you.
That games are won & lost by what players do without the ball, as much as what they do with it.
After our recent results, perhaps it's time to get back to basics.
cashman, Taypot and Watchdog like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..