Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2021, 21:12   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Burton away match thread

I suggest we play the u23s at Lincoln on Saturday

Can’t see we could do worse …….
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2021, 21:13   #32
God Member

I literaly have to go to the hospital in a few minutes and I'm scared they will admit me for super high stress levels now and not for my on going condition.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:14   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post

At least young Coyle has shown a bit of fight in midfield all the others have been shocking.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:15   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the second half has been worse than the first. mumbongo couldnt score in a brothel
Old 23-11-2021, 21:22   #35

I wish we we playing us on Saturday.
AccyMad and Kiwi John like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:28   #36
God Member

Think we need 11 signings in January.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:31   #37

Signings certainly worked for us in the Summer.
Old 23-11-2021, 21:41   #38

Defcon 2 anyone?
Old 23-11-2021, 21:43   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Defcon 2 anyone?
I suspect, and hope, it’s defcon 1 inside that away changing room.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:46   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post

Half of them have played in our last few games, I vote we play our under 18's
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:49   #41
Senior Member+

Very fortunately for us, Crewe and Fleetwood both lost, Donnie are 3-0:down with 8 mins to play, Shrewsbury only got one point, and 20th placed Gillingham lost as well

If they carry on being as bad as or worse that us we might, just might, survive, but I want you all kneeling by the side of your beds tonight with your hands together and your eyes closed

Please
yonmon and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:52   #42
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Burton away match thread

Granted we lack confidence but we seem to switch off far too often, 2 goals were passed to them on a plate, was laughable.

IMO we’re going to lose every game until we get a decent striker or two, and I am frustrated that Dion isn’t allowed to play, I feel it’s just stubbornness but it’s costly to the whole team.. If he doesn’t want to sign a contract then fine that’s what happens in the footballing world but if he gives 100% at training and when wearing the red shirt then why not play him… we are DESPERATE for a goal scorer and surely he is the last resort till January transfer window. If we can’t score we are never going to win it’s that simple.

Colby will be back on Saturday so hopefully that can lift the mood and help us get that well needed win!! Well I hope so anyway…
accyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 21:54   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Half of them have played in our last few games, I vote we play our under 18's
Given the fight, enthusiasm, and energy I saw in the U18s against Bolton I think that could be the best option.
Either that or Stanley should pull the Covid card for a couple of months until Butcher, Pritchard, Bishop, Leigh, Morgan, and Hardy are fit.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 22:00   #44

even the Burton fans looked bored, it was that easy. I hope Dan excuses John from having to comment - he must feel like walking away. Reminded me of those school games afternoons where one of the house teams was composed of pupils who wished they'd signed up for the needlework class.
Hey Kiwi - wishing you all the best for your hospital treatment - more important than a mickey mouse footie match.
Kiwi John likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 22:27   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyfan21 View Post
Granted we lack confidence but we seem to switch off far too often, 2 goals were passed to them on a plate, was laughable.

IMO we’re going to lose every game until we get a decent striker or two, and I am frustrated that Dion isn’t allowed to play, I feel it’s just stubbornness but it’s costly to the whole team.. If he doesn’t want to sign a contract then fine that’s what happens in the footballing world but if he gives 100% at training and when wearing the red shirt then why not play him… we are DESPERATE for a goal scorer and surely he is the last resort till January transfer window. If we can’t score we are never going to win it’s that simple.

Colby will be back on Saturday so hopefully that can lift the mood and help us get that well needed win!! Well I hope so anyway…
I think it's more like Dion is refusing to train or play rather than him not being allowed to, if he was giving 100% in training (even if it was to try & earn himself a move) then I'm sure he'd be in the squad. The sooner it’s sorted, the better as it must be affecting the morale of the rest of the players
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..