Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2021, 22:44   #46

Re: Burton away match thread

I going to disagree with you. I don’t know Dion as a person, however judging by the way he plays the game, I’d be amazed if he’s not putting the effort in in training. Coley has dug his heels in and, in my view, is cutting off his nose to spite his face, as from a footballing viewpoint, Dion would be getting a game - we offer little goal threat at the moment, opposing centre back aren’t put under any pressure, and Dion gives you both. No one is benefitting from the situation and feels like Coley feels the principle is more important than giving ourselves a better chance of picking a few points up.

There may be more to this than were being told, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our poor run began around the time this episode started. The squad is weaker than last year.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2021, 22:45   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I think it's more like Dion is refusing to train or play rather than him not being allowed to, if he was giving 100% in training (even if it was to try & earn himself a move) then I'm sure he'd be in the squad. The sooner it’s sorted, the better as it must be affecting the morale of the rest of the players
Said the same thing right at the beginning should have been paid up and shipped out have heard quite a few rumors of an unhappy ship can't all be just gossip looking at that disinterested performance from senior players including the club captain one of the worst Stanley efforts put into a performance I have seen at least young Coyle give me a bit of hope.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 23:12   #48
God Member

The Tweet from Dan Jewell - 18/09/2021 - said that Coley had said, Dion was not injured, but he was left out.

Dion must want to train and play........

So, from that, I take it that it is Dion?????

I might be very, very wide of the mark, but that is how I am reading it.........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 23:24   #49
God Member

Listening to Coley, in his Burton preview, Coley appears to be saying that Dion has to sign a new contract, seems different to the Tweet I mentioned earlier.........

Who knows, but as we all think, not helping anybody

Old 23-11-2021, 23:47   #50
Full Member+

The quote along the lines of, if he needs to sign a new contract if he wants to play, does make it look like Coleman is being a bit unfair to be honest.

He is contracted until the end of the season and we are getting dragged into a relegation fight with a lack of fire power not helping, even though shipping a bucket load recently hasn't helped.

Hopefully he moves on 1 Jan as it is harming the player and the club.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 23:54   #51

Our inability to score is a serious concern. However, it doesn't stop you from drawing 0-0, which would be something of a blessing at the moment.
What is more concerning are the number of goals we're now shipping in every game.
We're fast becoming the team everyone loves to thrash & it's embarrassing.
You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, but it can't always be down to individual errors.
Yes, we're missing key players, but the coaching & management team must accept their responsibility for the teams performance.
Anyone got Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's number?
yonmon and pifco like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 08:31   #52

Since last season we've lost Hughes, Barclay and Burgess at the back. It's noticeable that we had Burgess for the first couple of games when we certainly tighter there. I didn't see the game last night so can't really comment but would be interested to know whether we stuck with 3 at the back. When things were going pear shaped in matches last season there was a willingness to take somebody off and change the system. This season it seems to have been a case of that's what we've decided to do and we're going to stick to it apart from throwing on attackers when it's too late to change the result.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 08:35   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Our inability to score is a serious concern. However, it doesn't stop you from drawing 0-0, which would be something of a blessing at the moment.
What is more concerning are the number of goals we're now shipping in every game.
We're fast becoming the team everyone loves to thrash & it's embarrassing.
You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, but it can't always be down to individual errors.
Yes, we're missing key players, but the coaching & management team must accept their responsibility for the teams performance.
Anyone got Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's number?
Key players being Pritchard, Butcher, Morgan, Bishop and Leigh, all decent on their day but not one of them a defender, looking at Coleman's face in the post match interview he looked visibly sick and shocked, he admitted to the plan of using the long ball which we did to little effect let them be dictate the midfield and once conceded fell apart like a pack of cards. No leadership down to Conneely and the senior players who quite frankly look finished this season, McConville and Conneely look one paced devoid of any ideas and why he has to take every set piece I don't know but Hamilton,s body language after being waved away from one spoke volumes to me of trouble in the camp looking like a very unhappy place at the moment.
Old 24-11-2021, 09:42   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Now ive cooled down last nights game Burton are an average side not good but get by imho. yet they got 4 against us.our distribution is PATHETIC.our manager keeps saying its a good squad well to me its not it cant be.no decent squad will give the ball away that regular im sure. i do not think we will go down but if this lots as good as our manager says then they better start showing it.
Old 24-11-2021, 10:01   #55
God Member

Question Re: Burton away match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Key players being Pritchard, Butcher, Morgan, Bishop and Leigh, all decent on their day but not one of them a defender, looking at Coleman's face in the post match interview he looked visibly sick and shocked, he admitted to the plan of using the long ball which we did to little effect let them be dictate the midfield and once conceded fell apart like a pack of cards. No leadership down to Conneely and the senior players who quite frankly look finished this season, McConville and Conneely look one paced devoid of any ideas and why he has to take every set piece I don't know but Hamilton,s body language after being waved away from one spoke volumes to me of trouble in the camp looking like a very unhappy place at the moment.
Where have you seen this Andy??

Old 24-11-2021, 10:01   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyfan21 View Post
Granted we lack confidence but we seem to switch off far too often, 2 goals were passed to them on a plate, was laughable.

IMO we’re going to lose every game until we get a decent striker or two, and I am frustrated that Dion isn’t allowed to play, I feel it’s just stubbornness but it’s costly to the whole team.. If he doesn’t want to sign a contract then fine that’s what happens in the footballing world but if he gives 100% at training and when wearing the red shirt then why not play him… we are DESPERATE for a goal scorer and surely he is the last resort till January transfer window. If we can’t score we are never going to win it’s that simple.

Colby will be back on Saturday so hopefully that can lift the mood and help us get that well needed win!! Well I hope so anyway…
????????
He is refusing to play .......
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:21   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
????????
He is refusing to play .......
Like I have repeatedly said pay him up sack him whatever if it's to be believed he doesn't want to sign a contract he his not the first player to do this and won't be the last if he refuses to play surely he his in breach of contract sick of hearing about it too be honest the teams dire form his and should be the area of concern, two young inexperienced goalkeeper,s don't help Baxter last season was an exception an excellent keeper who marshalled his defence no coincidence after injury our form dipped last season and continue,s now poor recruitment in the keeper area to me and in other areas especially left back.
Old 24-11-2021, 10:22   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I see you have spoken with the powers that be and got it on the website - cheers Andy

Old 24-11-2021, 10:25   #59
Senior Member+

Angry Re: Burton away match thread

So Grayson and Dunn have been shown the door at Fleetwood ...!
They were described this morning as being ‘ unfit for purpose ‘ and building a squad of no-hopers !..
After watching last nights match ( well it was a mismatch really !)..In my opinion the current squad, admittedly short on ‘star’ players, are on the whole ‘unfit for purpose ‘, that is if their purpose is to professionally give a performance intended to win the game in which they are playing .
They are leaderless, they are apparently short in the basic skills required to play, (in Stanley’s case survive).. at League One level. If they are receiving adequate coaching then they don’t appear to have the nous to translate this into their play on match days, they are in a nutshell ‘ unfit for purpose !.
It grieves me, the eternal optimist, to post what sounds like a moratorium in places... what it really is intended to be is a plea to our Management to create a squad of footballers instead of a bunch of lads kicking a ball around !.
If this fails the outcome is indeed frightening to predict ..
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 10:41   #60
God Member

Talking of leadership Yonmon, the loss of Yozzer is a massive one for us...

MikeA and yonmon like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..