Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2021, 10:38   #31
Full Member+

Re: Wigan EFL trophy

For a town the size of Accrington we are punching well above our weight and are lucky we have a chairman that is willing to put his money in helping the community.
For me, i am just glad to have a league football team to watch and remain hopeful the team can turn things around once we have some of the key players back in the side.
Onwards and upwards.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2021, 10:58   #32
Full Member+

Re: Wigan EFL trophy

I must admit MH that Coley's interview did worry me as he has always been so positive even after some of the recent poor results and there does seem to be a serious problem with the players. I hope that it can be sorted quickly because if we did lose Coley we could soon become another of these lower league teams that constantly change their manager. At the moment I think that whilst we disagree with some of Coley's methods we do still back him to pull us out of this rut but if there are many more of the depressing after match interviews that backing might start to fade.
MikeA, cashman and Watchdog like this.
pifco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:32   #33
God Member

Re: Wigan - Papa Don't Preach

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1260466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Struggling to think of a time when I have seen Coley this down and deflated.........

Damning interview and tells me something is wrong - very wrong

think the majority of fans are down and deflated especially after the early season promise. just wonder how long and what else it would take for coley to walk away. well the next two games will be the decider for me before i may walk away.
You'd really walk away after a few bad results/performances? You might think you would now but I'd like to think the majority our fans are made of sterner stuff. Even Coley's cheered up from Tuesday night & is sounding a lot more positive today - keep the faith, we'll turn this around
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 16:33   #34
God Member

Smile Re: Wigan - Papa Don't Preach

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1260466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Struggling to think of a time when I have seen Coley this down and deflated.........

Damning interview and tells me something is wrong - very wrong

think the majority of fans are down and deflated especially after the early season promise. just wonder how long and what else it would take for coley to walk away. well the next two games will be the decider for me before i may walk away.
I doubt very much Coley would walk away from Stanley!!!

I doubt very much he could be dragged away

As a fan I am not down, I am just frustrated, because - apart from Burton and Wigan - we have played well/OK, but missed good chances and had some bad luck.

My comments were about Coley after Wigan game.

He will turn it around, just going to be harder than usual

MikeA and AccyMad like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..