Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2021, 16:58   #1
God Member

Question January Window??

A little bit early - granted - but, what are the thoughts??

Do we need anybody in?

Are we afraid of losing anybody?

Loanees???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2021, 17:43   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: January Window??

i think we need a good left back plus a striker. plus keep the lads we have.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-12-2021, 19:16   #3
God Member

Well, as you ask and Xmess is coming up, can we have Matty Pearson back, please, Santa?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 19:21   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think we need a good left back plus a striker. plus keep the lads we have.
Absolutely agree with left back and striker but I would also like an experienced keeper as back up for the young talented keeper's we have Charles hopefully will be shipped out.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 19:40   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Absolutely agree with left back and striker but I would also like an experienced keeper as back up for the young talented keeper's we have Charles hopefully will be shipped out.
I hope no-one comes in for charles it will serve the prat right. in fact i doubt if anyone wants his attiude.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 06-12-2021, 20:19   #6
God Member

There may be some clubs willing to ‘buy’ Charles if only to offset their tax liability but to leave him sitting on a bench or used in training. To some owners, players are just ‘assets’ after all.
But if no one does offer to buy him, I don’t know if he’s wise enough to swallow his pride and to show us and the rest of the league what he can do on the pitch for the last three months of the season.
Of course, if he does have a change of mind, he’s made his task of getting back into and staying in the team very difficult.
Is he up to such a challenge?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:51   #7
Full Member+

Left Back.
Experienced Centre Half. Someone who can organize the back line.
Striker
cashman and keep the faith like this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:31   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
There may be some clubs willing to ‘buy’ Charles if only to offset their tax liability but to leave him sitting on a bench or used in training. To some owners, players are just ‘assets’ after all.
But if no one does offer to buy him, I don’t know if he’s wise enough to swallow his pride and to show us and the rest of the league what he can do on the pitch for the last three months of the season.
Of course, if he does have a change of mind, he’s made his task of getting back into and staying in the team very difficult.
Is he up to such a challenge?
possibility of a NO on all counts. we now know why others did not take the gamble on him before stanley did. certainly had the ability but not the character needed.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 14:18   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
possibility of a NO on all counts. we now know why others did not take the gamble on him before stanley did. certainly had the ability but not the character needed.
that could possibly be the answer?
Old 12-12-2021, 14:29   #10
God Member

Big blow losing Joel for the season, if you add Dion, plus the very, very high chance of Colby going, I think we will need some additions in the striking department in a couple of weeks??

Old 27-12-2021, 15:45   #11
God Member

Charles could be one of the first deals in the window with Bolton set to offer between £250000 and £300000, will be advantageous to us if this his the case hopefully nobody else to leave unless the money and the move is right for the player, incoming Coleman says he has a few targets striker a must for me and possibly left back although Amankwah played well in that position yesterday.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 16:29   #12
God Member

Agree with you Andy, sorry to see Dion go and the way it ended was not good, but the sooner it is sorted the better and if we get anyway near that amount - great

Left back and strikers - definitely, Dion, Joel and more than likely Colby gone - that leaves.......

Old 27-12-2021, 17:03   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

going off boxing day, i think we got the best squad since our league return. colby will be missed but if he goes the dosh we get should buy an adequate replacement i think.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:11   #14
Senior Member+

With the window now open, let's fire up the rumour mill and wish lists.

I wonder if there's any truth to the Kayden to return rumour? I find it an exciting thought anyway ��
Old 01-01-2022, 12:28   #15
God Member

I have heard Bobby Grant is on his way back

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..