Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2022, 15:06   #91
God Member

Re: January Window??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
promising i think.welcome to stanley.
He was captain of the under 23,s at Palace and a few of their fans saying we,ve signed a good defender future captain material 2 and half year deal much better than loanee,s these young players hungry for first team football.
cashman and choirboy like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2022, 16:14   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Could be an excellent signing!
GOOD LUCK JAY
ON STANLEY ON
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2022, 13:53   #93
God Member

..to many Aussies been on Stanleys book from my perspective . Stanley needs a Kiwi.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2022, 00:11   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
..to many Aussies been on Stanleys book from my perspective . Stanley needs a Kiwi.
Isn’t that Antipodean-ist?

pifco and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 18:51   #95

As our prime targets seem to have been "Gazumped" it looks normal service has resumed and we will have to wait at the back of the Transfer Line to see's who's left without a club on the 31st........
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 18:52   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i doubt that myself.
Old 17-01-2022, 19:07   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
As our prime targets seem to have been "Gazumped" it looks normal service has resumed and we will have to wait at the back of the Transfer Line to see's who's left without a club on the 31st........
I personally think we will have another keeper before weekend.
Old 18-01-2022, 05:31   #98
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I personally think we will have another keeper before weekend.
Frees up a wage if we don’t get one in however. Could always sign an emergency loan if needed short term.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 07:47   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Frees up a wage if we don’t get one in however. Could always sign an emergency loan if needed short term.
You could well be right Josh as long has the spare wage is used on another player coming in a striker is a must in my opinion been gazumped on one so it,s a guessing game as to if there is another target lined up, hope so because I think we are a striker short of being a top six side.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 18-01-2022, 09:07   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Risky strategy that. One game away from injury / suspension and then what ?
If we can get an emergency why not bite the bullet and just get one in till end of season ?
I'm still looking at the exit door as well. Very quiet but there must be interest in our players.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 09:19   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Risky strategy that. One game away from injury / suspension and then what ?
If we can get an emergency why not bite the bullet and just get one in till end of season ?
I'm still looking at the exit door as well. Very quiet but there must be interest in our players.
Should imagine there his plenty of interest Bishop, Savin, Sykes who his in his last six months of contract Butcher plus a few others but until the bell tolls we carry on.I have to agree on the goalie scenario an experienced head would be ideal but wages are always an issue.
Old 18-01-2022, 10:07   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
You could well be right Josh as long has the spare wage is used on another player coming in a striker is a must in my opinion been gazumped on one so it,s a guessing game as to if there is another target lined up, hope so because I think we are a striker short of being a top six side.
So true. If charles had not been so stupid and played like he previously did i,m sure even with injuries stanley would have beeb there or thereabouts the play off positions. does coley go all out for another now or wait till the summer to bring someone else in. doubt the club are going to bother the play off or relegation places now even with loads of games left to play.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 15:55   #103
God Member

Quote:
In my opinion, that would be very short sighted!

I mentioned to Choirboy before the game - when the goalies were warming up - that Isherwood is only a young kid and that if something happened in the first 5 minutes (injury/red card) we could be in trouble....

When Toby cut his eye in the first 10 minutes, it was a concern.

Toby could play the next 50 games without any problem, but he could also be out for the next 50 in the blink of an eye!

Keeper required

AccyMad, cashman, choirboy and 1 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 17:34   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
In my opinion, that would be very short sighted!

I mentioned to Choirboy before the game - when the goalies were warming up - that Isherwood is only a young kid and that if something happened in the first 5 minutes (injury/red card) we could be in trouble....

When Toby cut his eye in the first 10 minutes, it was a concern.

Toby could play the next 50 games without any problem, but he could also be out for the next 50 in the blink of an eye!

Keeper required

Exactly my thoughts when he went down.
Old 18-01-2022, 20:37   #105
Full Member+

Wouldn’t be surprised if another of our loanees was recalled due to lack of play time.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..