Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2021, 15:29   #16
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: bolton

Good plan lord "Devious".
Old 11-12-2021, 16:01   #17
God Member

Good onya Stanley.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 16:32   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

we played really well today i thought. to me the difference was in the attitude i thought the young lads that started sure made it. thought every man had a good game.

Last edited by cashman; 11-12-2021 at 16:36.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 17:10   #19
Full Member+

Enjoyed the game today especially the result and good to see the young lads doing well.
We will need more of the same and a bit more next week against Wednesday.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 17:44   #20
God Member

Well done three u23,s in the squad today will be needed Conneely out for at least a month, Mumbongo serious knee ligament damage could be out for season,Pell was ill today, Pritchard,s return imminent McConville nothing serious they think. Can't comment on game was away today only seen result when got home great 3 points but so glad to see under 23,s already paying dividends against a team with surely one of the bigger budgets playing wise.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 19:31   #21
God Member

To misquote an old song, “what a diff’rence four days make”.
Yet again, in the space of less than a week, we witness Stanley’s bigger-dipper form.
Great game today, full of pace, effort, and passion from two evenly-matched teams. Stanley deserved the victory and, as Cashy noted, no one had a bad game.
Despite Toby’s unbelievably brave save, my man of the match was Notts. He was sublime today, reading Bolton’s attacks and snuffing out many of them before they could develop.
But it was the youngsters who injected a bit of pace and pressing in the middle, especially Tommy Leigh - just hope he didn’t aggravate his strain - Coyle, and Malcolm. Also interesting that Amankwah gave a massively improved performance in what looks like his ‘natural’ position on the right.
Good to see Butcher back and Pritchard in the warm-up.
Packed stands made it a great atmosphere. The result made it a great day for Stanley fans.
cashman and pifco like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 19:53   #22
God Member

Smile Bolton game

Enjoyed the game - and result - today

The performance took me back to the League 2 winning season, when we managed the games, took control and were in complete control

Yozzer, Billy and Macca were the mainstays of that and we have struggled to get back there......

Hope this is the start........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 20:14   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
You're dam right Dave,,cant imagine there's anything worse than a mad Mrs mad.
Oy, I am here you know
DaveinGermany likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 20:15   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It's probably better you just jump on this one KJ, because if things go Pear shaped, Mrs Mad will be chasing Cashy instead of you.
I would never dare to chase Cashy
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 11-12-2021, 20:40   #25
God Member

Really enjoyed today's game, only 1 complaint - it should have been 2 nil. Absolutely nothing wrong with our second goal, keeper dropped it & our lad put it in the net but with over 2500 fans baying at him the ref decided otherwise - only he knows why
cashman and Inspector Morse like this.
Old 11-12-2021, 21:03   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Really enjoyed today's game, only 1 complaint - it should have been 2 nil. Absolutely nothing wrong with our second goal, keeper dropped it & our lad put it in the net but with over 2500 fans baying at him the ref decided otherwise - only he knows why
Correct Mrs. Mad

Old 11-12-2021, 21:20   #27
God Member

Loved it today when Sean was off the pitch and Liam was rallying the troops and telling them all to be big

Great to see such a young kid playing such a big part

Old 12-12-2021, 09:59   #28
God Member

Re: Bolton game

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1261016]Enjoyed the game - and result - today

The performance took me back to the League 2 winning season, when we managed the games, took control and were in complete control

Yozzer, Billy and Macca were the mainstays of that and we have struggled to get back there......

Hope this is the start........

yes, but this season must be the biggest roller coaster ever. it might be irratating one but not boring results wise.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:36   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
agree nothing wrong with our second goal twas the useless official but its same in ALL leagues,most are i cannot figure out why.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:53   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just listened to j.cs summary i agree 100% i thought TOBYS save won us the 3 points today, well done young lad.yeh will have to go a long way to see a better one.
MikeA likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 12-12-2021 at 10:56.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..