Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2022, 16:50   #31
God Member

Re: Dons game

Yesss- they got them,,,now for a winning goal to make it super sweet.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2022, 16:55   #32

Held on....1-1....a great point.......enjoy a drink Kiwi......I'm on Rum........
choirboy likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 16:56   #33
God Member

Good outcome with 10...good result...no doubt the ref was a complete ******. Next please.
Old 08-01-2022, 16:58   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Held on....1-1....a great point.......enjoy a drink Kiwi......I'm on Rum........
Cheers, but Im going back to bed before tidying house-She that must be obeyed has been away and due back this arvo. Again, get better mate.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 08-01-2022, 16:59   #35
Senior Member+

That’s a great point with 10 men for an hour ��
cashman and Greger like this.
Old 08-01-2022, 17:08   #36

Must have been terrible to watch!

My stats site says eight per cent ball possession! 8 vs 92 in the Second half. Eight! You get that from throw-ins normally.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 17:20   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Good outcome with 10...good result...no doubt the ref was a complete ******. Next please.
the ref was that bad , must be related to KETTLE, great point saved today,
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 08-01-2022, 17:33   #38
God Member

Sending off ruined the game but you can't tackle with studs up these days as soon as their players surrounded the ref there was only one colour of card coming out, shame really because it was shaping up to be a good game. Excellent point though to be honest great defending and a touch of good luck earned a point that could be crucial at the season end.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 17:46   #39
Full Member+

Game spoilt by the sending off but oh what a battling performance second half with our backs to the wall. Glad to take a point in these circumstances so really well done Stanley.
AccyMad, cashman and choirboy like this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 18:36   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Colby will be on the scoresheet today

Can you give me next weeks winning lottery numbers please Mystic Meg
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 18:39   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Coyle off straight red......foot connected with thigh.................
Less his thigh - more like his crown jewels but he made a meal of it & jumped up quick enough once the red card was brandished.
Game was spoiled from that moment but what a defence masterclass we provided in the second half - well done lads for keeping the Southern shandy boys out
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 19:15   #42

I know we were struggling to get hold of the ball, but their goalkeeper was just asking to be chipped!
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 19:23   #43
Senior Member+

The rules are simple. It was a red card as much as it grieves me to say it. I think Coyle's just got too much of an edge and that's been coming
That said awesome display for an hour - not for the purists but enjoyed that.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 19:24   #44
Senior Member+

A game of ‘Three thirds today.
(Yes Thirds not Tu**s!)
First third was even, with Stanley making the brighter start and getting a great headed goal by Colby.
M K Dons got back level though for 1-1.
The sending off totally changed the match though. I was ball watching and didn’t see the actual contact but Joe and others around me said that Coyle’s foot was high with his studs showing so no complaints.

As Coley said in his post match interview, M K Dons like to play a possession game and the match stats certainly backed that up!
The half time substitutions worked well for us and our back four four were very resolute in maintaining their formation and in clearing their lines. The midfield line of five too worked well and forced The Dons out wide most of the time. Bishop, McConville and Hamilton in particular did a lot of running without the ball and were very effective in keeping our opponents at bay. I did feel that we could have brought on Malcolm, perhaps for Sean, for the last fifteen minutes. He would have brought fresh legs and the unlikely but possible opportunity for a ‘break out’ goal to take the victory.
The Stanley Ultras were great again today, particularly in the second half where they did their best to be the ‘Eleventh Man’.
A hard earned point in the end.
ON STANLEY ON.
KERP THE FAITH.
Kiwi John and keep the faith like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 08-01-2022 at 19:33.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 19:48   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
The rules are simple. It was a red card as much as it grieves me to say it. I think Coyle's just got too much of an edge and that's been coming
That said awesome display for an hour - not for the purists but enjoyed that.
It was a red yes Coyle has an edge to his game and he his going to be an excellent player he will hopefully learn from today hope we tie him down to a longish contract because he his money in the bank for the future.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..