Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2022, 19:23   #31
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Vs Sunderland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I suspect it'll be me and Dave in Germany,Chimer ,CG and maybe Thingy from over the other way, but I bet the ref is crap.

Sorry to let you down KJ, but I went to a mates to drop him off a decent bottle of Whisky, then ended up being roped in to helping out build some Ikea (other firms are available) cupboards his Missus was desperate to have built up & of course 2 Blokes should be able to do it surely????

Yeah, right,destructions, what destructions? We don't need them. Got there about 13.30 left about 19.10 & I didn't even get to taste his Whisky, but I did get 3 big mugs of tea.
Old 15-01-2022, 20:15   #32
God Member

...I started putting the kids table tennis table pressy together about 10PM one xmas eve,nice and quick I thought...well I finished at 3 AM...was not impressed even allowing for the fact Im useless at construction..Never ever again.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2022, 21:03   #33
God Member

Smile Re: Vs Sunderland.

Got to say I am less than pleased with the point today.........

Before the game, I had us down for a defeat - how wrong?!?!?

First half, more than the better team and - although they had a good headed chance - we should have been a couple of goals to the good!

As is the way with Stanley, we cannot take our chance and we conceded goals................

The first 20 minutes of the second half we were second best, but we were back on top after that

The sending off could - and should - have been avoided

The first yellow was wrong - as it was a corner - but, a few minutes after that, the referee went to his pocket to book Ross again - then realised he was on a yellow - but, gave him a good talking to, this was the time to take him off!

The game has gone and so have another 3 points, we must learn from all of these situations next season, as we do not appear to be at the moment

I suppose at the end of the day, it is a good point, but far too many times this season, I have seen us get not what we deserve and it is becoming a worry...

A great day out and The Clayton End did Stanley proud yet again

On to the next one

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2022, 11:11   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

serves yeh right fer picking us to lose.
Old 16-01-2022, 14:28   #35
Senior Member+

"The first yellow was wrong - as it was a corner - but, a few minutes after that, the referee went to his pocket to book Ross again - then realised he was on a yellow - but, gave him a good talking to, this was the time to take him off!"

Mate - the first yellow was right. You can't gob off like Ross has a tendency to do at the ref whether the decision was right or wrong. He wants to be kissing Toby's &*% because that assist has got him out of jail - for now.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2022, 16:19   #36
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1262685]"The first yellow was wrong - as it was a corner - but, a few minutes after that, the referee went to his pocket to book Ross again - then realised he was on a yellow - but, gave him a good talking to, this was the time to take him off!"

Mate - the first yellow was right. You can't gob off like Ross has a tendency to do at the ref whether the decision was right or wrong. He wants to be kissing Toby's &*% because that assist has got him out of jail - for now.[/QUOTE
Didn't need the silly foul either as Nottingham had it covered can't blame the ref got what he deserved will miss next game chance for Jay the new lad.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 18:57   #37
Senior Member+

A great day out and The Clayton End did Stanley proud yet again

On to the next one [/QUOTE]

Joe,
Do you remember when they scored that I thought the shot was deflected upwards by one of our players? That made the ball loop unluckily over Toby Savin! Reports have said it was deflected.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2022, 19:05   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i thought it was a deflection but im as blind as a bat.
Old 17-01-2022, 19:06   #39
God Member

Yes, I thought about that when I saw it on Quest - your eyes are much better than mine

Hope you had a good night and were not too late.........

choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 07:27   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Yes, I thought about that when I saw it on Quest - your eyes are much better than mine

Hope you had a good night and were not too late.........

The “Les Miserables” production was amazing. About the eighth time I have seen it and the production techniques just get better and better. Liverpool Empire Theatre is a super venue too. We got there with time to spare.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 11:16   #41
Senior Member+

'Serial offender' Coleman! But it's just one man's view...
https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...d-controversy/
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 11:17   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
"The first yellow was wrong - as it was a corner - but, a few minutes after that, the referee went to his pocket to book Ross again - then realised he was on a yellow - but, gave him a good talking to, this was the time to take him off!"

Mate - the first yellow was right. You can't gob off like Ross has a tendency to do at the ref whether the decision was right or wrong. He wants to be kissing Toby's &*% because that assist has got him out of jail - for now.
the rights or wrongs about the first caution does not come into is as it happened. surely as you say it was time to sub him straight away after his talking too. Think everyone knew that his next foul would result in another caution resulting in a sending off. if it had been the other way round coley would have been first to blow a gasket if their lad had stayed on the pitch.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2022, 11:46   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

at his age J.C. should know to be careful what he says about crap refs. also should have taken Ross off.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..