Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2022, 16:59   #31
Senior Member+

Re: The vs Ipswich thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
are you surprised mate? im certainly not it happens regular to the small clubs when a big club plays us,
Not surprised CASHY, just disappointed again. This must have happened right in front of the fourth official. Q. Are fourth officials allowed to cite incidents of this nature in the earpiece of the referee?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2022, 17:02   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Not surprised CASHY, just disappointed again. This must have happened right in front of the fourth official. Q. Are fourth officials allowed to cite incidents of this nature in the earpiece of the referee?
i thought the ref saw it? thought he was looking directly at the incident!
Old 22-01-2022, 22:20   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i thought the ref saw it? thought he was looking directly at the incident!
I think that the referee must have been wearing ‘Beer Goggles’!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 00:11   #34
God Member

Sean should be playing to the whistle, going by this, he's well at fault for their 2nd goal.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 07:56   #35
Full Member+

He did play to the whistle? They took a quick free kick.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 09:10   #36
God Member

I agree with everyone about the decision on Morsy but we had good chances to finish them off in the first half twice hit the bar I will repeat myself lack of a free scoring striker is the difference between where we are and the top six, and no way am I defending Morsy but if the boot was on the other foot we would all be stum.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 09:30   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Ain't got one started !! ..so lets go Red men!
What have you been told Kiwi!!!!!!!!

DaveinGermany likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 09:32   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
https://twitter.com/asfcplayers/stat...287630851?s=21

Sam Morsy lucky to still be on the pitch?
Discussed on Football League Show and to a man, they said it was a red and that it changed the game

Old 23-01-2022, 09:43   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Discussed on Football League Show and to a man, they said it was a red and that it changed the game

DID you see the ref on it? he was looking straight at it. Mosey had a hand in their goal also.
Old 23-01-2022, 10:00   #40

Agree with Andy that we should have put more distance between us and them in the first half when I thought Stanley were excellent – decent ball retention, a classy finish from Ethan, and then two near-misses, one I think a good save from their keeper. But to have gone in at 1–1 after such a dominant display was a farce. Ipswich, to their credit, worked us out to some extent, they stopped Mitch from advancing down the right and kept the ball much better in the second-half. One positive was the performance of Jay R-B, slotted straight in and looked the part. But I felt sorry for Colby, hardly had a sniff all afternoon.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2022, 10:17   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
Agree with Andy that we should have put more distance between us and them in the first half when I thought Stanley were excellent – decent ball retention, a classy finish from Ethan, and then two near-misses, one I think a good save from their keeper. But to have gone in at 1–1 after such a dominant display was a farce. Ipswich, to their credit, worked us out to some extent, they stopped Mitch from advancing down the right and kept the ball much better in the second-half. One positive was the performance of Jay R-B, slotted straight in and looked the part. But I felt sorry for Colby, hardly had a sniff all afternoon.
Spot on reffing decision,s are constantly against us but you have to detach from that and concentration is key we switched off for their winning goal which at this level sides will punish you, has for the dark arts side off the game we do it with the rest, Morecambe huge game Saturday let's concentrate on beating them and putting points on the board.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-01-2022, 10:51   #42
God Member

Smile Re: The vs Ipswich thread

Agree about the 'dark arts' Andy - Sean is one of the best at it!

But, poor refereeing cost us week in - week out and that cannot be legislated for.

When you look at Coyle going off, for a poor, but not aggressive tackle and Ross going off for a bad call from a referee, it is not easy to keep taking it and being positive

You have watched Stanley for many years Andy and you know we very seldom get it in our favour......

As you say, on to the next one and our customary 3 points

AccyMad likes this.

Old 23-01-2022, 11:11   #43
God Member

Just listening to Coley in his post match, surprized that the burst ball incident has not been mentioned?

Old 23-01-2022, 11:16   #44

To use a boxing analogy, yesterdays game reminded me of the 1963 contest between Henry Cooper & (the then) Cassius Clay.
When 'Enery delivered his famous 'hammer' in the 4th round, the 'Louisville Lip' hit the canvas.
Unfortunately, the bell saved the champ & in the very next round Clay showed his class by exploiting Cooper's only weakness - his wafer thin skin, to destroy Cooper's dream of a title.
Like our 'Enery, Stanley started yesterday on the front foot & in the 15th minute Hamilton delivered a k.o. blow.
Despite their equaliser 8 minutes later - much against the run of play; by half time Stanley could have been ahead on points 3-1.
After some smelling salts were administered in the Ipswich dressing room, there came a masterclass in possession football - Ipswich simply denied Stanley the ball.
Some of their rapid one-touch passing had Stanley on the ropes & after 'floating like a butterfly' for long periods, the 65th produced the 'bee sting'.
Yesterday summarised Stanley's current position. Capable of going toe-to-toe with the best yet unable to produce the coup-de-grace.
Like a middleweight fighting a heavyweight, unless we deliver an early knock-out, our bigger more skilful opponents inevitably recover to win the match.
They say 'A good big un will always beat a good little un'. If so, Stanley are punching well above their weight.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 17:09   #45
God Member

Sam Morsy has been charged retrospectively in relation to a violent conduct charge missed by the officials but caught on camera during the game Saturday doesn't wether found guilty or not make the outcome of the game alter.
pifco, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..