Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2022, 16:35   #76
God Member

Re: Rotherham away thread.

On the subject of 'fines', there is only one way to fine Clubs and it is points, not ££££ss

cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2022, 17:04   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think coleman was correct when a player has been attacked on the field it should be abandoned in my view, if the team offended against was awarded the match the scum would soon stop imho
Nonsense mate. I was there. Totally unacceptable but to expect a game to be abandoned isn't the right message.
We still had the penalty.
Pell should have walked away and let McConville slot it.
Awarded the match ???
On what basis ?
We weren't even level.
Anyway time for a controversial view point.
We keep whinging on about they all hate us ?
Is it any wonder ??
From minute 5 for the whole of the first half Jimmy John D and Coley took it in turns to berate the fourth official.
It got to a point where it nearly caused a riot with the Rotherham fans.
Followed by waving at the opposition fans and giving them a round of applause.
Come on - we're better than that.
At the end I get it how emotions are running high ...... but Sean confronting away fans and calling them a bunch of f&&&king Shi....ses ?
No - sorry ..... walk away show some class.
MikeA, smudgie, yonmon and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 06-02-2022 at 17:14.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 17:46   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Becauase i think the SCUM would be much less inclined to go on the pitch but if that dont bother you well that then speaks volumes for you.
Old 06-02-2022, 19:00   #79
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
might have been better to change the penalty taker to someone who was not involved in the incident. Suppose its fine being wise after the event but something that should be looked at if something similar happens in the future.
"when"
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 19:11   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Becauase i think the SCUM would be much less inclined to go on the pitch but if that dont bother you well that then speaks volumes for you.
What's your thoughts on the issues we've had with fans racially abusing opponent's players mate and spitting at them ?

Should we have had the games abandoned and forfeited the points ?

This is a society issue time for action.

What's your views on incitement ?

Good debate this.
Old 06-02-2022, 19:17   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the bloke ran on the pitch and hit pell.as well as kicking the ball away thats different to me. off the pitch what are stewards for? if they dont do anything then get some that will.
Old 06-02-2022, 19:37   #82
Senior Member+

Sadly that's exactly the response I was expecting.
Unbelievable.
Let me say straight away I don't think the lad hit Harry. He ran into him on purpose no doubt about that.
The acts of a stupid little boy - because that's what he is.
But is this far worse than a fan of ours spitting at an opponent ?
Is this far worse than fan(s) of ours racially abusing opponents ?
What about our own players in the past abusing racially opponents on the pitch ?
The player got dealt with but should we have a game abandoned for that ?
FOOTBALL has got a problem. Not Rotherham, not Accrington.
By all means blame Rotherham's stewards.
What about our Stewards watching fans spit at opposing keepers for instance ?
Accy's fault ?
No.
Now I asked you about incitement.
You swerved that.
What's your answer.
Old 06-02-2022, 19:53   #83
Full Member+

Agree with Valarian. The most effective way to deal with this is through points deduction.
In Rotherham's case, for example, if the drive for promotion is threatened, the club and its decent fans will soon root out the troublemakers.
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 20:06   #84
Senior Member+

Not saying I disagree with you Reamer but the point I'm trying to get to as comparability of offences.
Should we face points deduction if a dick head decides to spit at a player ?
Is that worse / better than the dick head running on the pitch at Rotherham ?
Is it any worse /better than events at Morecambe yesterday ?
I'm trying to not be controversial but again I think it's valid.
Should a club be responsible if its Management incite opponents / officials ?
Old 06-02-2022, 21:38   #85

Points deduction may be needed to nip this whole thing in the bud before some coked up dick runs onto the pitch with a blade.
monkey hanger likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 21:46   #86
Full Member+

All clubs have a responsibility to police their own fans. At Accy we have a chairman that puts his trust in the fans and expects them to mix before and after games
and as far as i know it works well. We did have a problem with flares at one point but it was made clear by the club that it was out of order and again as far as I know the ultras sorted it.
Spitting is disgusting and offenders should be kicked out and banned but I still believe that trusting the fans and a strong line from the club's hierarchy is the way to go. That applies to club staff as well. Points deductions would hit home more than fines.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:20   #87
God Member

Points deduction,s could set a problematic precident whereas if your team's losing idiots throw a flare at the keeper, or objects or worse and invade the pitch to try and get the result altered, this growing trouble at ground,s is has I said before in its infancy society problem nip it in the bud with if caught and charged hefty fines and jail sentences if necessary, otherwise it will get out of control regardless of stewarding or police numbers has we saw in the 70,s into the 80,s. Lifetime bans are great but does it deter idiots who aren't there to watch the game anyway not easy to curb society trends among teenagers has history proves pity they attach themselves to football.
Twenty Eight likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:04   #88

Could always give the deducted points to the other team on the basis that they have been frustrated in their attempts to fulfill the fixture.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:55   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

is it not cos many kids dont give a stuff? theres no real detterant to them these days, things have changed, for the worse i think, you have only to look at the courts and sentences,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:32   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
is it not cos many kids dont give a stuff? theres no real detterant to them these days, things have changed, for the worse i think, you have only to look at the courts and sentences,
Many kids don’t (apparently) care about anything, but there are many views about why they are so disengaged and what to do about it

As for the Courts, you need to understand that with all the sentencing guidances and protocols - which Judges must follow unless there are exceptional circumstances - a Judge can’t necessarily impose the sense that he (or we) would want. Hang ‘em and flog ‘em is long gone. And I know first hand of what I speak ….

The prat who ran into Harry needs to be prosecuted for encroaching on the playing area and for a common assault. That would result in a Football Banning Order, which might be a deterrent to others. With the current guidances though I suspect he’ll get a caution instead …

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..