Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2022, 13:48   #106

Re: Rotherham away thread.

I bet Seamus would have sorted it out had he been on the pitch.

Seriously tho, good to see him back.
Twenty Eight likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2022, 13:49   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

clubs i think would patrol better if points were to be deducted i think.
Old 07-02-2022, 14:13   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
clubs i think would patrol better if points were to be deducted i think.
Behind closed doors hits the guilty club in the pocket and ****es off real supporters who may then help curb the idiots.
Twenty Eight likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 14:23   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the young tend not to shop people i think.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 07-02-2022, 14:45   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
I bet Seamus would have sorted it out had he been on the pitch.

Seriously tho, good to see him back.
My exact comment to him straight after the game.
I remember well in the promotion season at Wycombe.
We were cruising and Coley made several subs. All the designated penalty takers had been subbed.
On comes Bambi Zanzala who gets brought down. His debut. Everybody arguing about who should take it.
In steps Seamus gives the ball to Bambi who then slots it away.
Clicker was not amused hahaha !
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 14:51   #111

Good days.

I patted his sweaty shoulder when he was mobbed just after.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 17:03   #112
God Member

Given there are two ‘apologies’ on Rotherham’s web site for the recent behaviour of its so-called supporters, how can the authorities not take some serious action?

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...ngton-stanley/
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 18:54   #113
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Country's gone down hill since women were given the vote.
Should send him to Van Diemen's land.
Bullshine the country's gone down hill since they let women in TAP ROOM'S
cashman and pifco like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 20:39   #114
Senior Member+

In the cold light of day ( well of 'evening' anyway !)

1. We were one down thanks to Dan's fabulous volley.
2. Irrespective of all that went on at 88 minutes and everyone's analysis of the offence that took place and Harry Pell's subsequent failure to convert the penalty kick which would have made everyone a great deal happier .. it did happen and repercussions however useless they will prove to be will be taken by the EFL and the local magistrates.
3. That JC was rightly incensed by all this.
4. That our discussion, although interesting and having 'getting it off one's Chest' moments
could continue ad infinitum.

Then remembering that tomorrow evening 's game is a BIG one..let's hope that any ill-effects emanating from Saturday 's debacle will have been expunged by JC and JB and
our team will match and hopefully overcome an on -form Oxford United .

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO GREATER THINGS !!..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:34   #115
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Bang on mate. Plus Harry told the cops to do one straight after so he's not pressing charges.
I'm amazed at the "inside" knowledge you have Sir.

The only people to speak to the police on duty were the Rotherham safety staff and myself.

Harry quite sensibly kept his head down and was sat on the coach.

We are waiting for the CCTV footage to be sent over from Rotherham.
cashman, yonmon and andyd like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:01   #116
God Member

[QUOTE=Div3North;1263613]

The prat who ran into Harry needs to be prosecuted for encroaching on the playing area and for a common assault. That would result in a Football Banning Order, which might be a deterrent to others. With the current guidances though I suspect he’ll get a caution instead …

Years ago offenders at football grounds used to have to report to their nearest police station on match days for a certain length of time. That stopped em from going to another ground. Pointless banning a bloke from rotherham going to their ground when there is a short bus ride to barnsley, doncaster and the sheffield clubs available. Problem now would be finding a cop shop thats still open for em to attend.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:14   #117
God Member

We have been talking about individuals and bad crowd behaviour that is getting worse. I agree with that but also remember behaviour on the pitch by players and the dug outs have also gone down. Players diving, trying to get fellow pro footballers sent off plus goal celebrations infront of supporters of the other team. Then there is the effing on the benches that coley himseke a right lf has been involved in. No one could forget the antics of evans and his mate. All wrongs never make one right but clubs have the responsibility to get their employees in order before they start on fans. fans even with a bellyfull of ail in them are not wound up for the sake of it. Its incidents on the pitch that kick it off.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:25   #118
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1263666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post

The prat who ran into Harry needs to be prosecuted for encroaching on the playing area and for a common assault. That would result in a Football Banning Order, which might be a deterrent to others. With the current guidances though I suspect he’ll get a caution instead …

Years ago offenders at football grounds used to have to report to their nearest police station on match days for a certain length of time. That stopped em from going to another ground. Pointless banning a bloke from rotherham going to their ground when there is a short bus ride to barnsley, doncaster and the sheffield clubs available. Problem now would be finding a cop shop thats still open for em to attend.
Football Banning Orders apply to any designated match, not just the ground where the incident was. If you get an FBO at Rotherham, you can’t go to Barnsley, Sheffield, Donnie or anywhere else. I’d need to look up reporting rules these days, but FBOs do have consequences and teeth

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:59   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Given there are two ‘apologies’ on Rotherham’s web site for the recent behaviour of its so-called supporters, how can the authorities not take some serious action?

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...ngton-stanley/
What do you expect them to do ?
Say nothing or deny it ?
Standard protocol mate.
What will be will be.
Yesterday's chip paper now for us.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:18   #120
God Member

[QUOTE=Div3North;1263670][QUOTE=monkey hanger;1263666]

Football Banning Orders apply to any designated match, not just the ground where the incident was. If you get an FBO at Rotherham, you can’t go to Barnsley, Sheffield, Donnie or anywhere else. I’d need to look up reporting rules these days, but FBOs do have consequences and teeth

thats fine but who would really know a random rotherham so called fan popped up at the keepmoat for a game if they really wanted to do that much. join a line of others buying a ticket with cash when its busy and those selling them will want the transaction to go as quickly as possible and just give em a ticket anyway.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..