Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2022, 10:59   #46
God Member

Re: Camebridge THread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i doubt that very much mate we usually are way ahead on attempts.
but still better than not creating anything in the box at all. agree its not ideal at the moment when set pieces got the 4 goals againt woafull crewe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2022, 12:48   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
but still better than not creating anything in the box at all. agree its not ideal at the moment when set pieces got the 4 goals againt woafull crewe.
it is but we sure need another striker imho
Old 20-02-2022, 15:10   #48

Quote:
it is but we sure need another striker imho
Maybe Cashy, or maybe not. Adedoyen is our player and he's only played a couple of games. Coley may work his magic on him in training and Mansell is on loan at Southport.......he may be a replacement for Colby if Colby goes in the summer. And Hardy may work out if he gets and stays fit......currently on loan North of the border........? I think we do need a keeper...as we have no one pushing Toby for a regular place.....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2022, 15:56   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Maybe Cashy, or maybe not. Adedoyen is our player and he's only played a couple of games. Coley may work his magic on him in training and Mansell is on loan at Southport.......he may be a replacement for Colby if Colby goes in the summer. And Hardy may work out if he gets and stays fit......currently on loan North of the border........? I think we do need a keeper...as we have no one pushing Toby for a regular place.....
true but we need one i think for injuries etc, adedoyen is one i know, i suspect colby may go, you cannot depend on someone staying fit i think.we need another keeper ishy is too young yet,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-02-2022, 17:07   #50
God Member

Quote:
true but we need one i think for injuries etc, adedoyen is one i know, i suspect colby may go, you cannot depend on someone staying fit i think.we need another keeper ishy is too young yet,
Way Colby's performed this season can't see anyone coming in for him on his goals tally, for me he,s good in the air never been totally convinced with his feet and he certainly ain't a bullying type like Stockton to name one, McConville gets picked in a front two Infront of a striker who isn't getting game time especially away were Coleman's admitted our goals for column away from home is dismal take from that what you will but to have two strikers out on loan and one sat on the bench doesn't make sense to me.
Watchdog likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2022, 20:55   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Savin has earnt us more points this season than he’s lost us, mistakes happen, move on from that.
Most frustrating thing for me is we bring on Adedoyin and still just lump balls up to Colby.
Amount of times he could have been 1v1 against Sherring with a through ball but instead we stuck with hoof ball.
Can’t understand playing Hamilton as a Wing Back when he’s currently our most creative player. Can’t understand how slow we were playing when 1-0 down… Cambridge still committed players forward and we looked scared to counter.

Exactly this. Toby has been immense at times and shows great maturity for a young keeper. He'll put this behind him and move on and so should we. Colby on the pitch means he's the easy outlet every time, and though he wins an admirable number of aerial challenges, we don't develop enough of them into chances. Adedoyin showed some neat touches and his low shot produced a good save; he's a big lad as well, so no reason why he can't get on the end of some of Colby's flicks and make life difficult for defenders. Worth persevering with them as a front pairing. And Ethan stuck out on the left was just a waste - at one point he was reduced to shouting and waving at his team mates, as if to remind them he was there. But credit to Cambridge as well. We know from their Cup run that they have a resilience to them, and they stuck it out and took their chance when it came.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2022, 23:04   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
Exactly this. Toby has been immense at times and shows great maturity for a young keeper. He'll put this behind him and move on and so should we. Colby on the pitch means he's the easy outlet every time, and though he wins an admirable number of aerial challenges, we don't develop enough of them into chances. Adedoyin showed some neat touches and his low shot produced a good save; he's a big lad as well, so no reason why he can't get on the end of some of Colby's flicks and make life difficult for defenders. Worth persevering with them as a front pairing. And Ethan stuck out on the left was just a waste - at one point he was reduced to shouting and waving at his team mates, as if to remind them he was there. But credit to Cambridge as well. We know from their Cup run that they have a resilience to them, and they stuck it out and took their chance when it came.
Interesting note Phil ?.. stay safe !...
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mi...in-league-one/
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 11:29   #53
God Member

Quote:
if colby does go then its back to the drawing board once again. Cannot keep on with this hope of digging up rough diamonds for ever.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 13:44   #54
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if colby does go then its back to the drawing board once again. Cannot keep on with this hope of digging up rough diamonds for ever.
It’s done us well over the last 20 years
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 17:48   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
It’s done us well over the last 20 years
It's the only way we can continue "punching above our weight", and let's face it Coley's best football skill. He's not the best tactician, he doesn't make substitutions at the best times........without his ability to pick rough diamonds up from the lower league's we would be in the Conference North ...........No disrespect to the Conference North....I love it, my other team Chorley plays there, and it's a very entertaining and competitive league. Good to watch when fixtures don't clash.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..