Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2022, 20:51   #16

Re: Doncaster Thread

Don't think I've ever witnessed a poorer performance. Reminded me of a schoolboy game on a muddy pitch with players wearing divers boots trying to control a balloon. Sorry to say it but it was totally inept and feel for our fellow Stanleyites who made the trip to watch that crap. I'm hiding under the sofa come saturday afternoon.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2022, 21:06   #17
God Member

No fight no passion no tactics well beaten and deservingly so by a side low on confidence and ability but a desire to win and stay in this league way we are playing we could be pulled into the battle at the bottom, outplayed in midfield defenders nowhere near who they are supposed to be marking similar to the two Morecambe goals letting them get the wrong side of you, upfront ok Bishop gets pulled and shoved which center forward doesn't not good enough with his feet, new lads unconvincing upto now Coley nothing to hide behind this postmatch interview his vast management experience was lacking tonight should have changed it at half time thier defence needed pace running at it and Bishop in the centre instead of drifting one to very quickly forget.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 21:10   #18

Well Stanley Josh, I'll get your one way ticket to Morecambe tomorrow..........and never....never ever.....start a match thread again........
StanleyJosh and Watchdog like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 21:17   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well Stanley Josh, I'll get your one way ticket to Morecambe tomorrow..........and never....never ever.....start a match thread again........
Well said!!!!!!!
yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 21:23   #20
God Member

Question Re: Doncaster Thread

I was at work, so did not watch the game.

From those who did, how can we have 25 shots (more than double theirs) of which, 9 on target (THREE times more than theirs) and still lose to NIL?????

Answers please

Old 22-02-2022, 21:33   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

From those who did, how can we have 25 shots (more than double theirs) of which, 9 on target (THREE times more than theirs) and still lose to NIL?????

Answers please

The ‘shots’ were scrappy headers, half hearted attempts that were blocked, think the keeper had one save to make and it was straight at him.
cashman, yonmon and keep the faith like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 21:42   #22
Senior Member+

Angry Re: Doncaster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
We need a better balance in the midfield, we have too many similar players who all want to get forward and play-at would be striker. Very poor midfield balance, no proper link up play, just hoofing it forward and hoping. Very disappointed tonight with the team selection and performance.

The guy watching from Wycombe ahead of Saturday's game is laughing so much...he can't make notes for Gareth....
Which midfield would that be CG ?..
Hard to discern if one existed tonight ...
As to a leader to extract some effort from his team ?.. Who would that be ?.
Honestly I hate being critical in any way, but it was difficult to watch tonight !
Watchdog likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 21:59   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
The ‘shots’ were scrappy headers, half hearted attempts that were blocked, think the keeper had one save to make and it was straight at him.
Thanks Josh, that is why I am not a fan of 'stats'

Old 22-02-2022, 22:20   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Which midfield would that be CG ?..
Hard to discern if one existed tonight ...
As to a leader to extract some effort from his team ?.. Who would that be ?.
Honestly I hate being critical in any way, but it was difficult to watch tonight !
Strange game football Ethan Hamilton is obviously a talent tonight he just wasn't involved one effort which the keeper saved, Liegh still finding his feet at this level lot of involvement but little support, McConville absent apart from poor corners and set pieces Conneely hard to criticize but plays some nice touches but was clearly blowing early second half no explanation why Butcher didn't start but personally thought was a big miss.
mab likes this.
Old 23-02-2022, 07:40   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I am sure butcher was in the starting line up? musta been injured in warm up, i thought seamus was not on the bench?
Old 23-02-2022, 08:04   #26
God Member

Kody Adedoyin returned to the starting line-up for the Reds while, after Matt Butcher was injured in the warm-up, Seamus Conneely came into the starting eleven.

From website article

Old 23-02-2022, 08:31   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
and thats a keeper who has regularly been picking the ball out of the net. in the past we have done well at doncaster and against far better rovers sides than that one. goodness knows when the last time they scored 2 in open play. their last two goals have been penalties. really be glad when this flustrating season is over with stanley being the typical mid table club. some good runs and wins and then some real shockers.
Watchdog likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 10:17   #28

The co commentator on I follow hit the nail on the head .He said Doncaster were the best team and they were rubbish.
cashman, andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 10:24   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
The co commentator on I follow hit the nail on the head .He said Doncaster were the best team and they were rubbish.
They were they won all this stats nonsense means nowt ball in the onion bag is the only stat that matters always was and always will be.
Old 23-02-2022, 18:29   #30

Talking Re: Doncaster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

Answers please

The answer is, probably only 1 ccc.........."clear cut chance"..........Nottinghams header, which was tipped over the bar by their keeper. They also defended quite well around their six yard box.......plenty of bodies. I think the fact we didn't score with all our first half domination gave them a leg-up for the second half. I really don't know why Pell isn't starting. Said with apologies to Lord Stiff......
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..